César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

En 30/5/2021 a las 21:15, Jas dijo:

Kinda funny to see people praise Azpi now after abusing (not criticizing) him a lot previously.

Yeah was funny he was done earlier in the season, last season and then the season beforehand.

Nothing shocks me though, there were folk on here saying we should sell Kante for a big fee over the last 2/3 summers also because “he was approaching 30” and “had a spell of niggling injuries” 🤣

I won’t sit here and say that I believed in him the whole time etc even though he’s listed as my favourite player. Dave was woeful at times and to the frustration of most of this forum as well, including myself, but players are capable of turning it around and he absolutely did, so credit to him and the way he led us when Tuchel came in. I certainly did not enjoy his antics at getting sent off and the almost red card for the last man pull back, nor seeing him at RWB, but Tuchel had his reasons and we saw James take back that position, Dave shifted back to RCB-back three and was immense.

Long may that style and attitude continue, though I have a feeling the reason we are in for a new CB is to shift to a back four.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

My twitter feed is full of the feels today. I see Azpi liked it.

Along with his decidication and play style, one of the key reasons why I see him still being here for years as he will take rolling one year contracts. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No Community Shield 🤫

Chelsea (2010, 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2018) and Newcastle United (1932, 1951, 1952, 1955 and 1996) share the joint-longest run of appearances without winning or sharing the trophy.

We are absolutely shambolic in it.

2 wins, 7 losses under Roman, 2 wins and 2 losses before that

The 9 losses (1970, 1997, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018) are a joint record with Manure, but they have walked with the trophy 21 times (17 wins, 4 shared draws) versus our total of 4 wins, no shared draws (1955, 2000, 2005, 2009).

We also are on the verge of no longer have a winning overall record in FA Cup finals..

8 wins, 7 losses all-time.

We started out 4 wins (2007, 2009, 2010, 2012), no losses under Roman

But now have lost 3 (2017, 2020, 2021) of the last 4, with only a win v Manure in 2018 preventing a 4 straight FA Cup Final losing streak. Those last 2 finals versus Arse were stolen from us by absolute SHIT, corrupt PGMOL cunts.

In terms of the League Cup we are oki (not great) in Finals, with only 2 losses under Roman versus 3 wins, BUT the first loss, 2008, was one of our true nightmare, when we lost to Spuds (Jonathan Woodgate in the 94th minute when Cech fucked up his puch and the ball bounced in, then Kalou hit the post on the last play of the game, grrr, a true gut punch for the ages) thus giving them their only trophy in the last 22 years, and only their 2nd of the EPL era (they won the League Cup in 1999 as well, also in injury time versus Leicester). 2019, of course, was the infamous 'Kepa no leave!' game under the Old Smoker, smdh.

e68f9a3d88efb9c9dde4e4f99727af56.png488a15e166866103294fb0e3fcde2871.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10291583/Chelsea-stars-BEWILDERED-unhappy-Cesar-Azpilicuetas-future.html#

Chelsea stars are 'BEWILDERED' and 'unhappy' that Cesar Azpilicueta's contract has not been extended... with the defender being 'watched' by Barcelona and Atletico Madrid ahead of becoming a free agent

Does anyone really expect more than one year contract? He is 33 next summer. Chalobah is ahead for RCB role, Kounde also if we sign him. James for RWB and CHO sometimes plays there plus Azpi is getting into ages when wing back position may be too much... Amazing buy for just 7m, great servant for a decade but I think it is time to part ways.

Would not offer him 2 years contract, it could get ugly like with Ivanovic and thankfully Willian rejected it which would be another massive mistake.

And even from Azpi point of view it is better for him to go back to Spain.

Rudi is getting 400k per week somewhere else by the look of it so he is for sure gone. Lets hope Silva and Chris extend but we will need to buy at least 2 top CBs next summer.

Azpi can be replaced with Kounde, same size for RCB role but other one needs to be strong and tall like Rudiger.

I heard TT is huge Fofana fan but lets see him in second part of the season after injury.

Edited by NikkiCFC

Whatever the thinking on Azpi if he starts or is a rotation/squad player, losing him, Rudiger and potentially Christensen without even mentioning the fact as well we don’t know what will happen to Thiago Silva as well in the summer would be as close to a disaster as there is.

Azpi, Rudiger and Silva have huge masses of experience and are big characters in and around the place. You cannot simply buy to replace all of those guys at once, obviously they will be phased out individually and the coach would bleed/rotate the replacements in (possibly like Chalobah - but again if Kounde came in the chances are he’d have the same minutes Sarr has this season) but their experience and leadership is something that is difficult to replace. 

We have to be careful because its not as easy as just buying 2 or 3 CBs and it automatically clicking. Plus its going to be difficult to get 2 high quality level CBs in if we decide to keep using 3 at the back and clubs will know we will be desperate to get CBs in also if thats the case.

Also I’d be curious to see what Tuchel would do if we lost those all in one go because we’ve seen events with him when his teams have sold/released key players/experienced players and it hasn’t gone down well. For example, Dembele, Gundogan and Hummels at Dortmund and Cavani and Thiago Silva at PSG. And he’s been pretty dependent on those guys too since coming in, playing them a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

So he wants more than a year contract and to play regularly so he can go to WC. This is no doubt deal breaker for the club.

You would think Azpi would know how the club works given how Willian was dealt with. Even JT was no exception 

20 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

You would think Azpi would know how the club works given how Willian was dealt with. Even JT was no exception 

What do you mean "how Willian was dealt with"? 

JT's case was a long time ago. Since then, the club have broken their own policy twice by giving Luiz and Willian a two-year deal (the latter obviously rejected it because he wanted a longer one). I don't know if Azpi wants like three years or something but a two-year deal isn't exactly out of hand here. And not to mention, Azpi has done a lot more for the club - on and off the pitch - than Willian did.