César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

He's young, meaning he'll most likely be here a long time.

He's not that amazing.

He won't take us to the 'next level' which we need to be at.

Therefore, I am worried about this transfer; regardless of price.

There are soooooo many Bundesliga right-backs who would take us to that 'next level' right now. Wish we'd do more shopping there.

He's not that amazing.

There are soooooo many Bundesliga right-backs who would take us to that 'next level' right now. Wish we'd do more shopping there.

Like?

He's not that amazing.

Not sure if serious...

img401.imageshack.us_img401_7936_notsureifserious.gif

Like?

Piszczek

Jantschke

Beck

They would be my top 3 picks.

Other than them, there's a scattering of right-backs who play out of position at left-back or in midfield (as is common in the Bundesliga) or even play in the 2nd tier of German football who are better than a lot of right-backs in the Premier League; including our own and Mr. Cesar in question.

The new right back doesn't have to take us to the next level. He just has to be better than Bosingwa, that's enough to be rotated with Bane and to elevate us from previous seasons to next seasons. All we have to do is keep our right side solid so we needn't panic when Ivanovic can't or shouldn't play there. Plus he's young, which means he'll hopefully get only better. One thing that worries me a bit is that Montoya is preferred over him, but that could be because he's from Barca and has better understanding with Tello, who plays on the same side with him (I think).

Ive seen a couple of quotes of "it will block Todd Kane" well no it won't, if Kane is good enough he will come in eventually plus Ivan is 29 this season and you never know Azpi might want to move to Spain at some point, so we sell him for a big profit, use the money on another area off the pitch and Kane might be ready then.

When was the last time that happened though?, the only major sale of the Roman era was Robben.

I've seen people on here take a similar attitude towards Hazard's future too, strange.. considering.

The new right back doesn't have to take us to the next level. He just has to be better than Bosingwa, that's enough to be rotated with Bane and to elevate us from previous seasons to next seasons. All we have to do is keep our right side solid so we needn't panic when Ivanovic can't or shouldn't play there. Plus he's young, which means he'll hopefully get only better. One thing that worries me a bit is that Montoya is preferred over him, but that could be because he's from Barca and has better understanding with Tello, who plays on the same side with him (I think).

Strange thing was why give Azpilicueta the captaincy if Montoya is gonna be selected over him.

When was the last time that happened though?, the only major sale of the Roman era was Robben.

I've seen people on here take a similar attitude towards Hazard's future too, strange.. considering.

This. Don't really get why everyone is getting on and on about how much money we can make by selling players to Spain, we have never been a selling club, and players generally don't seem to want to leave Chelsea if they get playing time.

Azpi is my number. 1 choice for a right back, and for the relatively low money being tossed around the media, he would be a perfect signing for us in my opinion. Hope we get him.