César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Azpilicueta would be a good back up for Ivanovic,but i think Marseille demanding too much money,so Chelsea should set the priorities to Mathieu Debuchy

Debuchy seem hell bent on going to Newcastle. And apparently, he's second in our RB target list with Azpilicueta being the first.

Roberto di Matteo has been encouraged by the pre-season performances of Sam Hutchinson and Paulo Ferreira but a new right-back will also be targeted after José Bosingwa's departure in the summer, with Marseille's Spanish defender César Azpilicueta a likely purchase.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/05/chelsea-reinforcements-community-shield

http://www.footylatest.com/chelsea-spanish-target-will-remain-with-his-club-for-the-coming-season/31260

he himself sets his sights on staying with OM. So a) test the waters with increased bid and convince him to come B) spot some alternatives c) stick with Paulo and Sam

The question is in case of a) Can we actually provide him a decent perspective in terms of 1st team action. As for B) Think there is no alternatve to Debuchy then c) In case Iva gets injured, is Sam good enough to fill the void? I have seen every minute of first-team action the boy has played, but i answer that.

Looks like he's ours.

Marseille are about to sign Boenisch on a free. He can play right or left back.

He's too good for Marseille to just be a back-up option, and they can't afford to have him AND Cesar on their wage bill.

@CarloFan: Marseille president Vincent Labrune has confirmed they have had a "serious approach" from Chelsea for Azpilicueta. (Foot Mercato) #CFC

@CarloFan: Foot Mercato also say Kakuta could be used in negotiations between Marseille and Chelsea for Azpilicueta. #CFC

Sounds good to me!

Looks like he's ours.

Marseille are about to sign Boenisch on a free. He can play right or left back.

He's too good for Marseille to just be a back-up option, and they can't afford to have him AND Cesar on their wage bill.

Sebastian Boenish? After the injury he plays like total shit..

Sebastian Boenish? After the injury he plays like total shit..

In the Bundesliga, yes, but Marseille were awful last season, and Ligue 1 is quite a step down from the Bundesliga, so I'm expecting him to actually be one of their better players next season.

OM: Chelsea still wants Azpi

According to President Labrune, the Spanish right side this Olympics is the subject of a " serious approach "from the European Champion title.

http://www.lequipe.f...urs-azpi/304034

Marseille confirm 'serious approach' from Chelsea for Spain star

http://www.talksport...ain-star-178044

There is no way we going to sign Richards as City won't sell and if they do then it will be for a really high price.At the moment,there aren't many right back options available for us.First it was Van Der Weil from Ajax but his terrible performance in the Euros cost him a move to a top club which probably included Madrid also.

Maicon was the other option and I honestly felt that he would have been a great a short term solution but unfortunately the deal never happened.Now Cesar is probably our only option and since we desperately need a right back as we can't depend upon the short temper Iva or Paulo,this deal should be completed asap.

Decent deal if true. Not heard many great things about the lad, never seen him play, but €9m is a relatively low fee so even if he doesn't turn out to be good it's not the end of the world.

All I ask from him at this moment in time is that he'll provide good back up to Ivanovic, better than Ferreira or Hutch. If he can make the step up then that's even better.

In the Bundesliga, yes, but Marseille were awful last season, and Ligue 1 is quite a step down from the Bundesliga, so I'm expecting him to actually be one of their better players next season.

The Bundesliga is a step up in midfield and attack in general, but in the back four the Bundesliga is for me a step down on Ligue1.

Decent deal if true. Not heard many great things about the lad, never seen him play, but €9m is a relatively low fee so even if he doesn't turn out to be good it's not the end of the world.

All I ask from him at this moment in time is that he'll provide good back up to Ivanovic, better than Ferreira or Hutch. If he can make the step up then that's even better.

Azpilicueta must be our first Right Back.

Ivanovic is ok if we play defensive with the midfield line close to the defenders.

But otherwise, I would prefer Azpilicueta as he has more agility and is quite good on one on one situation.