Chelsea Vs Reading

James

Lampard was one of the better players in the Premier League last season and was a key to us winning anything. He has been the best player to ever play for Chelsea. The complete lack of respect for Lampard on here is disturbing. Respect, not based on what he has done for us a decade, but respect based on what he still does for us. Some people want the team to be made up entirely of 19 year olds or something. No, Lampard is not going to do some fancy back-heel pass or make a blazing run, but individual plays like that are always overrated. Lampard is going to distribute the ball well, will be our best penalty taker, be a leader, and try his hardest. How can you say he's only after personal glory? He's taking the penalty because he's our best penalty taker. He's one of the best ever in that regard. This is about Chelsea trying to win, not about us trying to build Torres' confidence.

I agree lampard is our best penalty taker , he's proved that time and time again, reminds me when lampard took a penilty against wigan instead of drogba , when the title is on the line you pick the best guy for the job . if it was 3-0 allready thats when you can start to have some fun.

My only issue with lampard is the worry that when you have both mikel and lampard in the midfield it just doesint seems to slow our attack down. but then again I cant see our other CM's doing any better in that regard. something the team have to work on anyway , impressed with the speed hazard and mata get the ball up front, something we've had trouble with for a while now.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I saw many comments like you are attacking Torres and I dont know why but any way he looked very fresh and confident and I didnt see any reason to attack him please open youre eyes lads he is better than last year we need tu support him.

Back in topic. We need to win this game to continue like champion and I would see Hazard and Oscar.

---------Cech-------

Ivan--Cahill--Luiz--Cole

----Essien----Meireles--

Sturridge--Oscar--Hazard

----------Torres----------

We have another game on Saturday so there's a need to rotate and keep a couple players fresh.

And I know Sturridge wants to play as striker, but i think Mata will be rested and he's the only other positive option available atm.

---------Cech-------

Ivan--Cahill--Luiz--Cole

----Essien----Meireles--

Sturridge--Oscar--Hazard

----------Torres----------

We have another game on Saturday so there's a need to rotate and keep a couple players fresh.

I'm interested to see how Essien does this season with proper rest and a injury free preseason under his belt.

everyone from al habsi to his milkman knew lampard was gonna put it left centre. i think lamps needs to change his tried and tested routine of penalty kicks

Whether they know it or not, they don't seem able to actually do something about it.

Whether they know it or not, they don't seem able to actually do something about it.

tbh, neuer knew exactly where lampard was gonna put it but was beaten for pace

even al habsi went the right way but was unlucky that it squirmed under his body

de sanctics and artur went the right way as well at the back end of last season. maybe the fact that schwarzer and krul saved his penalties when he went to the gk's left must have discouraged him from tryin it again but at this rate, he will soon be figured out

tbh, neuer knew exactly where lampard was gonna put it but was beaten for pace

even al habsi went the right way but was unlucky that it squirmed under his body

That's what I meant, the power behind those kicks means they can't do much about it even if they know where he's going to put it. Hasn't worked out too badly for him so far, has it?

That's what I meant, the power behind those kicks means they can't do much about it even if they know where he's going to put it. Hasn't worked out too badly for him so far, has it?

his effort yesterday was poor but it has worked out so far

Exactly. Think Strike's nitpicking a bit to be honest.

yeah. nitpicking for sure. been following lamp's penalty routines and since that schwarzer,krul saves he has never gone to the keeper's left.

yeah. nitpicking for sure. been following lamp's penalty routines and since that schwarzer,krul saves he has never gone to the keeper's left.

He scores he is critisced!

He misses he is critisced!

Fuck me - lay off him for fucks sake! Would like to see you take so many penalties and score as much as him.

Everybody seems an expert - amazing why you ain't a pro-footballer!!!!

He scores he is critisced!

He misses he is critisced!

Fuck me - lay off him for fucks sake! Would like to see you take so many penalties and score as much as him.

Everybody seems an expert - amazing why you ain't a pro-footballer!!!!

i am not sure whether you are even reading what i posted. i did not criticise him.

it is a fact that keepers have gone the right way in his last few pens and that too it is the same - goalkeepers right side - since the krul save at st james park.

then on he took pens against manc, fulham in the bpl, benfica, napoli in the ucl and finally bayern - all to the same side.

so, just hold your outburst to yourself

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Bertrand

Essien Meireles

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Torres

Bring on Danny at some point and Ferriera if we're comfortable

Meireles hopeless in passing, sloppy in possession would rather prefer romeu , although it is unlikely, or lampard there

i am not sure whether you are even reading what i posted. i did not criticise him.

it is a fact that keepers have gone the right way in his last few pens and that too it is the same - goalkeepers right side - since the krul save at st james park.

then on he took pens against manc, fulham in the bpl, benfica, napoli in the ucl and finally bayern - all to the same side.

so, just hold your outburst to yourself

What do you want him to do? Do a backflip whilst hitting the ball with his heel on landing making the ball do a loopy-loop around the keeper, hitting our crossbar and bouncing off so hard it goes into the top corner? He has always been a consistent penalty taker, he knows what he's doing.