Chelsea Vs Reading

James

i want to see my boy studge score some goal! :angry: hahaha

we should just press reading, win poseesion back quickly and counteer. thats what i see RDM's philosophy would be. im curious to see who will replace lampard becuz he aint gona be playin 2games a week every week, and im hopin 1.) rambo get healthy & 2.) rambo does great in double if/when he's put there.

i hate the city&manure drama so i would appreciate a clean cut 3-0, or 2-0.

ps. wins like today (man city 3-2) or classic manure last 10mins 3goals crap, are sooo annoyying, get my hopes up of a draw/loss but time and time again thy come back. thats one thing we neeed to develop, mental toughness and grit.,,, we never come back from deficits, if down 2-0 you dont have to bother watchin cuz we're gona lose anyways. it's something i admire in other tems but hate it at same time cuz they dont slip up!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to rotate a bit.

----------------------------Cech-----------------------

Ivan-----------Cahill------------Luiz----------Ryan

----------------Ramires--------Lampard------------

Hazard-------------------Oscar--------------?????

---------------------------Danny----------------------

Subs: Hilario, Cole, Terry, Meireles, Mikel, Mata, Torres.

Mata needs a rest

Think we should rest Lamps. Meireles or Essien can do the job. I hope Malouda can make a cameo appearance so we can say good bye

i want to see my boy studge score some goal! :angry: hahaha

we should just press reading, win poseesion back quickly and counteer. thats what i see RDM's philosophy would be. im curious to see who will replace lampard becuz he aint gona be playin 2games a week every week, and im hopin 1.) rambo get healthy & 2.) rambo does great in double if/when he's put there.

i hate the city&manure drama so i would appreciate a clean cut 3-0, or 2-0.

ps. wins like today (man city 3-2) or classic manure last 10mins 3goals crap, are sooo annoyying, get my hopes up of a draw/loss but time and time again thy come back. thats one thing we neeed to develop, mental toughness and grit.,,, we never come back from deficits, if down 2-0 you dont have to bother watchin cuz we're gona lose anyways. it's something i admire in other tems but hate it at same time cuz they dont slip up!

What the hell happened during our CL run?? Down to Napoli we find a way, Down to barca we find a way, down to Bayern we found a way, shocks me that you say we can't come back against teams.

Honestly guys, don't you think Chelsea need to let Lampard go? He has done the club a great service and he will forever be a legend to the fans. Currently, his presence is a hinderance to the new direction the team is trying to go. To me he more after personal glory than the progress of the new and upcoming talents. For example, i was expecting him to let Torres take the penalty as a way of boosting his goal scoring confidence but that did not happen, and even RDM should have know that and instructed Torres to be taking the penalties. I stand to be corrected.

will Marin be available for this one ?

Honestly guys, don't you think Chelsea need to let Lampard go? He has done the club a great service and he will forever be a legend to the fans. Currently, his presence is a hinderance to the new direction the team is trying to go. To me he more after personal glory than the progress of the new and upcoming talents. For example, i was expecting him to let Torres take the penalty as a way of boosting his goal scoring confidence but that did not happen, and even RDM should have know that and instructed Torres to be taking the penalties. I stand to be corrected.

Torres is not among the list of regular penalty takers. If Lampard isn't there then Mata then Luiz.

Lampard is Mr.Perfect when it comes to penalty and I can't see that as a big hindrance.

1-0 is not the time to boost a player's confidence. I also think we need someone in the attack the will remind the new guys "I'm playing for Chelsea". Can't have a team of all youngsters. But lamps needs to be played sparingly so he should play against reading. Mata should be rested also.

Mikel--Essien/Raul M

Eden---Oscar---Danny

Torres.

Have to rotate a bit.

Mata needs a rest

Agreed, he looks rightly exhausted atm

Cech

Ivan___Cahill___Luiz___Ryan

____Miereles___Lampard___

Rami/Danny____Oscar____Hazard

__________Torres__________

Subs: Hilario, Cole, Terry, Rami/Danny, Mikel, Mata, Benny.

?

will Marin be available for this one >?

Out til mid-September :(

1-0 is not the time to boost a player's confidence. I also think we need someone in the attack the will remind the new guys "I'm playing for Chelsea". Can't have a team of all youngsters. But lamps needs to be played sparingly so he should play against reading. Mata should be rested also.

Mikel--Essien/Raul M

Eden---Oscar---Danny

Torres.

I agree that he should be played sparingly but it was not wrong that he took the penalty ... after the 2-0 lead we didn't score goals at all... imagine if Torres missed the penalty + they came back for equalizer things would have gone worse for Torres, and for Chelsea !

penalty kicks have to be taken by someone who is sure he would score ... now I am not suggesting Torres will miss but how many times has he taken a penalty ?

Out til mid-September :(

damn !!!

Lampard has one of the best PK conversion rates in the world mate. Plus like someone said it was only 1-0 and Torres doesnt exactly have a great pk record.

For me:

------------Ivan---Luiz---Cahill---Ryan

-----Ramires(If not fit then Raul)----Essien

Danny-------Oscar/Hazard-------Hazard/Oscar

----------------Torres------------------

What the hell happened during our CL run?? Down to Napoli we find a way, Down to barca we find a way, down to Bayern we found a way, shocks me that you say we can't come back against teams.

3games big deal, on a regular basis ehm not that much. I should have included bar the UCL becuz I knew someone would.point that out.

Lampard was one of the better players in the Premier League last season and was a key to us winning anything. He has been the best player to ever play for Chelsea. The complete lack of respect for Lampard on here is disturbing. Respect, not based on what he has done for us a decade, but respect based on what he still does for us. Some people want the team to be made up entirely of 19 year olds or something. No, Lampard is not going to do some fancy back-heel pass or make a blazing run, but individual plays like that are always overrated. Lampard is going to distribute the ball well, will be our best penalty taker, be a leader, and try his hardest. How can you say he's only after personal glory? He's taking the penalty because he's our best penalty taker. He's one of the best ever in that regard. This is about Chelsea trying to win, not about us trying to build Torres' confidence.

It's called rotation and competition. This is Chelsea FC not Torres FC

Ohh, thanks for the clarification for what the proper name of the club is, I for one, wasn't aware. What I was stating, which wasn't clear to you apparently, was that one game shouldn't warrant our starting striker hitting the bench for a "rotation/competition". Rotations are for either a tactical advantage, if this is the case please elaborate as to what advantage Danny gives us and the other is fatigue, Do you think Torres is tired? Enlightenment would be much obliged.

First of all I think majority of you guys should have a reality check and try to look for some board made by fans of Fernando Torres.

This club's aim is to win each and every match. And to achieve that you have to rely on people you know won't fail you. That's who Lampard is for Chelsea, if you don't know his achievements for the club you should not be here at all. That's why he's the penalty taker. He is known for making goals out of them even when times were too hard for him. He didn't sulk nor whine of not having enough chances. Instead he performed, match after match for the glory of Chelsea Football Club. And if a grown up man can't handle pressure and has to be taken care of at every step he should not be challenging for glory with us.