Oscar

themightyblue

On 25 July 2012 Chelsea announced youngster Brazilian Oscar for £19.35M after great seasons with Brazils U21 national team and Brazilian club Internacional.Oscar made his debut for Chelsea on the opening weekend of the 2012-13 Premier League season, replacing fellow new-arrival Eden Hazard in the second half of a 2-0 win at Wigan Athletic. He made a second substitute appearance three days later, replacing Ramires.But the youngster really showed his talent and value on his first start of the season: 2012 UEFA Champions League first round against Juventus. Chosen as the Man of the Match, he scored both Chelsea goals in the 2x2 tie, the second being a masterpiece that was already called as goal of the season even though it was only September. Dribbling Juventus legend Pirlo and another back, he curled the ball on the opposite corner of the goal, where goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon couldnt reach. The club confirmed what many predicted and on 16 May 2013 Oscar received his first individual award in the club, clutching the Goal of the Season honor. Oscar continued to score in the Champions League leaving his mark against Shakhtar Donetsk both away (2-1) and home (3-2) and lastly against Nordsjælland in the clubs last Champions League fixture. The five goals made him the clubs top scorer in the competition.Oscar later stroke the only goal in the away victory over Sparta Prague in the Europa League round of 32 on 14 February 2013, leaving his contribution in the road that would lead to the clubs title on 15 May.The Brazilian has been the player with more appearances in the club in the 2012/2013 season 64 (along with Torres and Mata) and ended the season with 12 goals and 11 assists being among the teams leaders on both stats.

Click here to view the record

Can see great things for him here, trying to not to get too excited and expect much from him but it's hard considering he has shown he can be a quality player.

to get on with what I was writing, I personally don't see any other chance for him then takeing over from Lamps, and Lamps wasn't a DM and din't play that role he just was sitting somehow deeper and was asked to help the DM, nothing wrong with that, even if you're #10... for me... so where should he play if he is that good like alle belive him to be?

He should play number 10. Start phasing out Lampard. Ramires should be tried in the pivot.

-------Mikel/Essien-----Lampard/Ramires------

------Hazard---------Oscar----------Mata-------

okay but Hazard is no rightwinger, I know he can play there but naturally he is more an LW COM, as it goes the same with mata, I know he can statistically play there but Mata can't, so you can argue him and Oscar and Oscar and Mata changeing positions during the match, this will restrict Hazard to play on the right wing where he is slightly weaker plus he don't want to play there as I've witnessed so far (and you can see what play'n in an position where you don't want to play can do to an player with big selfishness e. g. Studge), then it leaves us with the Problem we've got if (this is a big IF I know), Torres really gets going, what to do with that egoistic and selfisch Studge, leave him on the bench? And leaving Lamps on the bench will lead to the same problems again, as we've witnessed, you don't just bench him... but then you just can't bench Ramy he was wonderfull

I know if he is good enough for the team others will have to take a seat blah blah, and I know where he can play but effectively we're go'n with our old probleme here again, now we've sorted the OM-Spot out with mata and Hazard, we maybe have one player to much, but we basically still don't have any proper winger, If we play like you've mentioned... and this was this far our weakest point directly followed by our midfield in recent years

I don't really care. Lampard needs to stop bitching. He's a legend but he needs to stop acting like he is the be all and end all. Use him less and THIS is the season where we need to start phasing him out. Oscar, Hazard and Mata can form a fluid 3 so everyone will be happy.

okay but Hazard is no rightwinger, I know he can play there but naturally he is more an LW COM, as it goes the same with mata, I know he can statistically play there but Mata can't, so you can argue him and Oscar and Oscar and Mata changeing positions during the match, this will restrict Hazard to play on the right wing where he is slightly weaker plus he don't want to play there as I've witnessed so far (and you can see what play'n in an position where you don't want to play can do to an player with big selfishness e. g. Studge), then it leaves us with the Problem we've got if (this is a big IF I know), Torres really gets going, what to do with that egoistic and selfisch Studge, leave him on the bench? And leaving Lamps on the bench will lead to the same problems again, as we've witnessed, you don't just bench him... but then you just can't bench Ramy he was wonderfull

I know if he is good enough for the team others will have to take a seat blah blah, and I know where he can play but effectively we're go'n with our old probleme here again, now we've sorted the OM-Spot out with mata and Hazard, we maybe have one player to much, but we basically still don't have any proper winger, If we play like you've mentioned... and this was this far our weakest point directly followed by our midfield in recent years

Mata at right Oscar center Hazard left can work in a narrow three behind the striker, interchanging the position but to work, it need two deeper midfielders who are used to work in dominant possession style and full backs that run in the space when one the three come inside.

We could have that with Cole and Azpilicueta if the comes.

The problem for me is still the deeper midfield. It's a huge change of way of playing that those in the squad would need to do this year.

do santos?, he's brazilian.. let's just refer to him as 'Oscar' like everyone else does.

Otherwise, re-name the Ramires thread 'Ramires Santos do Nascimento'

And re-name the David Luiz thread 'Moreira Marinho'.

The difference is that I have to google 'Oscar dos Santos' to get his Wikipedia article on the first results page. When I google just 'Oscar' I mainly get results about the Academy Awards. I just have to type 'Ramires' or 'Daivd Luiz' to get theirs...

He isn't established yet.

I'm sure if wikipedia was around 20 years ago the legendary Ronaldo would come up as Luís Nazário de Lima.

I think it's got more to do with the fact that his name is really plain; "Oscar". Before Neymar was 'established' I bet googling his name would have yielded results.