Oscar

themightyblue

He's not suited for games against parked buses.

I hope with Salah joining the team, he can be rested in games like yesterday's and we play with more direct, fast players (Schurrle, Hazard, Salah/Willian)

Now City away next week, the type of game to use his strengths.

Exactly the opposite. Players like Salah and Schurrle are poorly suited for games when teams play super-defensively. When there is no space behind the defenders, people who rely on speed don't have space to use it and so are neutralized.What good is speed when there's nowhere to run? These sorts of players, in fact, almost all of our team, is best suited to playing counter-attack. Players who can get into space with quickness, dribble past a defender, and shoot. Oscar is not ideal for this game but is still better suited because he can create a beautiful goal out of nothing on occasion.

Look at Navas at City. It's not about running behind people, but running at defenders and trying to get the ball in the box. (And if we're lucky, a defender lazily sticks his leg out and we get a freekick/penalty)

Something we never do enough, thanks to the AM's being in the middle and fullbacks who can't do much in attack.

Look at Navas at City. It's not about running behind people, but running at defenders and trying to get the ball in the box. (And if we're lucky, a defender lazily sticks his leg out and we get a freekick/penalty)

Something we never do enough, thanks to the AM's being in the middle and fullbacks who can't do much in attack.

Navas is a very different player. He's a real winger who can stay wide and stretch a defence and give players room. Players like Salah and Schurrle cut into the middle and shoot.

Navas is a very different player. He's a real winger who can stay wide and stretch a defence and give players room. Players like Salah and Schurrle cut into the middle and shoot.

Fair point, i said Schurrle because his long range shooting could be handy against teams who sit deep.

But Salah while he likes to cut inside, has the pace and trickery to get to the by-line and put the ball in the box.

Is it weird that I can't see the hype and fuss about oscar at all, whatever people see in him. In majority of cases where I have found players to be overrated, the issue as always been the lack of consistency and body of work to warrant the hype but such players usually have the qualities and undoubted talent but in Oscar's case, I'm genuinely struggling to see the qualities that's driving the hype machine. Is it vision, or passing or close control or ability to dictate the tempo of the game (None of which he has or excels at for me).

What are these qualities that people see in him that I'm failing to see. I'm genuinely curious.

Is it weird that I can't see the hype and fuss about oscar at all, whatever people see in him. In majority of cases where I have found players to be overrated, the issue as always been the lack of consistency and body of work to warrant the hype but such players usually have the qualities and undoubted talent but in Oscar's case, I'm genuinely struggling to see the qualities that's driving the hype machine. Is it vision, or passing or close control or ability to dictate the tempo of the game (None of which he has or excels at for me).

What are these qualities that people see in him that I'm failing to see. I'm genuinely curious.

I know where you're coming from (and you're wrong to say he is overrated).

Oscar is a very all-rounded player, he is very good as some things and he's good at a lot of things but he is no master of any skill.

Like someone else said earlier - he's kinda our version of Muller (only more gifted, more flair..).

When you watch Oscar playing it's not the same as watching Hazard for example.. Hazard will probably make a good impression on you after a few touches with his dribbles and what not..

Oscar, he's not really going to do anything spectacular most of the game but he'll do his job, he might get a few on target, might make a few key passes.. but he won't stand out too much. He can score a goal out of nowhere.

My point is, Oscar fits in our system and Mou's tactics.

Also he does have good control, good dribble, a pretty good shot..

I know where you're coming from (and you're wrong to say he is overrated).

Oscar is a very all-rounded player, he is very good as some things and he's good at a lot of things but he is no master of any skill.

Like someone else said earlier - he's kinda our version of Muller (only more gifted, more flair..).

When you watch Oscar playing it's not the same as watching Hazard for example.. Hazard will probably make a good impression on you after a few touches with his dribbles and what not..

Oscar, he's not really going to do anything spectacular most of the game but he'll do his job, he might get a few on target, might make a few key passes.. but he won't stand out too much. He can score a goal out of nowhere.

My point is, Oscar fits in our system and Mou's tactics.

Also he does have good control, good dribble, a pretty good shot..

Your analyses is spot on and it's what I already know about Oscar which makes it all the more baffling why people rate him exceptionally highly and some even see him becoming a world beater in the future. He must be the only "jack of all trade, master of none" that people view in such high regard. atleast Muller is extremely productive in the final third.

When you analyze great players who have a very understated and low tone quality to their game, they usually possess atleast one stand out quality that sets them apart from the rest.

Oscar has the efficiency that Ballack had ,, Hazard has the Robben flair ,,, now we just need a finisher

are u going to say this everyday?

In other words you think he is garbage.