Oscar

themightyblue

Didn't do much but certainly did more than his fellow subs.(Lamps.and torres). We all know he is at his best when he starts the match and gradually tries to influence the game. Hope to see him start on wednesday because mata doesn't look much now that our attack is not centred around him anymore.

Some may say hazard is our most important player, but I feel today kind of proved Oscar is. He controls the game in a way I feel no other player we have can. Must start midweek.

Just wondering, mind expanding a little more on what you mean by Oscar controlling the game in ways that only he can and the Everton game proving so..

Didn't do much but certainly did more than his fellow subs.(Lamps.and torres). We all know he is at his best when he starts the match and gradually tries to influence the game. Hope to see him start on wednesday because mata doesn't look much now that our attack is not centred around him anymore.

How on earth do people exactly just come to the conclusion that 'oh Mata is not good enough because he's the focal point of our attack'?!

Some may say hazard is our most important player, but I feel today kind of proved Oscar is. He controls the game in a way I feel no other player we have can. Must start midweek.

Didn't change much for the 35min he played, though.

Just wondering, mind expanding a little more on what you mean by Oscar controlling the game in ways that only he can and the Everton game proving so..

How on earth do people exactly just come to the conclusion that 'oh Mata is not good enough because he's the focal point of our attack'?!

His ability to captain the midfield from the back into the final third. You could kind of see Luiz trying to do it at certain points yesterday too. There was a void in the midfield trying to get up field, and it pretty apparent after the 30 min mark or so. Even got to a point where Eto'o was dropping back in Attacking mid positions to try to spring someone else forward, which I found particularly successful in on a few occasions.

Oscar feeding Eto'o is where I feel the goals are at this season.

Didn't change much for the 35min he played, though.

I think that was more of a failure with the formation though. 2-5-3 against a team with 2 attacking fullbacks their quality was always going to end badly for us. All they had to do was play wide and they pretty much controlled the match. Torres for Cole effectively ended the match.

I think that was more of a failure with the formation though. 2-5-3 against a team with 2 attacking fullbacks their quality was always going to end badly for us. All they had to do was play wide and they pretty much controlled the match. Torres for Cole effectively ended the match.

Still he played for about 20 mins in the same 4-2-3-1 before Torres came on and we virtually created nothing during this period. I'm not saying that Oscar is not important to the team or discrediting his skills and abilities, I just see no point in over-simplifying all our problems in the game yesterday by saying that one play could have solved them all.

His ability to captain the midfield from the back into the final third. You could kind of see Luiz trying to do it at certain points yesterday too. There was a void in the midfield trying to get up field, and it pretty apparent after the 30 min mark or so. Even got to a point where Eto'o was dropping back in Attacking mid positions to try to spring someone else forward, which I found particularly successful in on a few occasions.

Oscar feeding Eto'o is where I feel the goals are at this season.

True. Him dropping back deeper helps us to retain possession and circulate the ball around much better but he doesn't offer enough attacking impetus for one playing in the No.10 role. Kinda disagree that he controlled the game yesterday against Everton because even before he came on, we were in control of the game and pinning them back. And there was no invention or creativity from Oscar, or anyone else for that matter, during that period as Choulo has alluded to. With Oscar deployed in such role, it probably places even more emphasis on the wide players to create and cause problems for the opposition with little threat coming from the middle and although it's no exactly alien for a CAM to drop back deeper into midfield, it would actually help if we have a reliable pivot that can help keep possession on its own without necessarily needing the CAM to drop back so often.

Stop being sarcastic, mata has played two games and has performed no where near any of our attacking midfielders. Even eto'o on his EPL debut was a different class compared to mata. If you watched the games then you shouldn't ask such questions except you don't know what mata is capable of when he is the "key" man that everyone passes to in attack.

Stop being sarcastic, mata has played two games and has performed no where near any of our attacking midfielders. Even eto'o on his EPL debut was a different class compared to mata. If you watched the games then you shouldn't ask such questions except you don't know what mata is capable of when he is the "key" man that everyone passes to in attack.

In what way was that last post was a sarcastic response? :doh:

Granted Mata is nowhere near his best yet and even after watching and observing the games, it's absolutely nonsensical to jump to conclusion that Mata is no longer good enough because he's not the focal point of our attacks anymore based on just 2 matches.

In what way was that last post was a sarcastic response? :doh:

Granted Mata is nowhere near his best yet and even after watching and observing the games, it's absolutely nonsensical to jump to conclusion that Mata is no longer good enough because he's not the focal point of our attacks anymore based on just 2 matches.

In the current chelsea team i assure you that mata won't get so many opportunities to show himself to mourinho. Kdb returned from loan and has shown his qualities, schurrle and eto'o are new and doing fine, hazard and oscar have improved their team performance and we still have willian yet to play. If willian does so well then i will really be afraid for mata because putting up ordinary performances in two games is definitely not the way to compete with some of the most talented young midfielders/wingers in world football. When willian comes into the picture after his debut most of our attackers will crave for only 60 minutes to show their worth which is why mata should really utilise his opportunities now, I really like him but why he is not playing to his standards i don't know, could he be in bad form? May be but there is just no time for that at chelsea now with the competition at hand. He has been our least effective attacker(attacking wise but also defensively) i just hope it is not too late for him.

In the current chelsea team i assure you that mata won't get so many opportunities to show himself to mourinho. Kdb returned from loan and has shown his qualities, schurrle and eto'o are new and doing fine, hazard and oscar have improved their team performance and we still have willian yet to play. If willian does so well then i will really be afraid for mata because putting up ordinary performances in two games is definitely not the way to compete with some of the most talented young midfielders/wingers in world football. When willian comes into the picture after his debut most of our attackers will crave for only 60 minutes to show their worth which is why mata should really utilise his opportunities now, I really like him but why he is not playing to his standards i don't know, could he be in bad form? May be but there is just no time for that at chelsea now with the competition at hand. He has been our least effective attacker(attacking wise but also defensively) i just hope it is not too late for him.

Like I said, it's only 2 games in for Mata and he's still clearly finding his form. The likes of De Bruyne, Schurrle, Hazard and Oscar have done alright so far because they did not suffer any injury before this and have had the luxury to get consistent game, from pre-season, to play themselves into form. Moreover, Mata's performances might have not been the best so far but it's definitely not the worst or as bad as people have made it out to be. And yes while I understand the competition is tight but really, from what you stated there, it's clear you are over-thinking and assuming that others will just consistently do well or will immediately do well and Mata will then be tossed aside completely. It will be the same for the players across the board, not just Mata alone.