Oscar

themightyblue

I think you are way too harsh. I dont think Oscar is THAT good but he is good. His future is big too. I can see that something feels off with him after Benitez took charge. Maybe he needs more time to adjust, maybe he just isnt good enough. Time will tell and I think its too early to judge if he (or hazard or azpi or moses for that matter) will be good or not.

Agreed.

Oscar is 21!!! Of course Brazil cannot rely on a 21 to win a world cup, neither should Chelsea. He's a wonderful young talent though!

Ironically Brazil will be relying on another 21 year old who does wonders in the Brazilian league, but vanishes when facing stronger opposition, even U23.

As a Brazil supporter I'd be more optimistic about Oscar developing until the WC than Neymar.

Wtf?

Oscar is overrated. Brazil is in trouble if Oscar is the number 10 for 2014 WC.

Benitez became the scapegoat for everything that is happening at the moment. Oscar is playing the same football he was playing under RDM, and he scored his first PL game under Benitez.

He scored 2 superb goals in UCL, but nothing to be impressed about. I really can see future: he will return to Brazil, and will blame Benitez or another manager, as it usual happens with overrated brazilians that dont become great players.

Oscar looks like a rough player from the academy, he is not ready yet for a starting XI role in a big european club.

well this is the difference that has come after being just 2 months under fsw. just 2 months ago oscar was ""THE MAN"" for the job and tipped to be the replacement for lamps and now suddenly he has changed into an overrated brazilian.

for me oscar is a good player very much ""ready"" for chelsea. i dont what is wrong with this club because no youth player ever seems to be ""ready"" for it. dont forget that this was the same guy which fit in perfectly for the first 10 or so matches of the season.

oscar is defintely not playing the same football he was playing under rdm. under rdm he was far more confident than what he looks at this moment. his runs have stopped and their is far too much aggression than he had under rdm. it is quite obvious that he is not a winger but fsw's persistence of playing him there is not helping him. if fsw wants a hardworking winger he could have put rambo their with oscar in the pivot. as for his only pl goal, it was a penalty so i dont think thats somethin to hoot about.

Wtf?

Oscar is overrated. Brazil is in trouble if Oscar is the number 10 for 2014 WC.

Benitez became the scapegoat for everything that is happening at the moment. Oscar is playing the same football he was playing under RDM, and he scored his first PL game under Benitez.

He scored 2 superb goals in UCL, but nothing to be impressed about. I really can see future: he will return to Brazil, and will blame Benitez or another manager, as it usual happens with overrated brazilians that dont become great players.

Oscar looks like a rough player from the academy, he is not ready yet for a starting XI role in a big european club.

All hail, the self proclaimed best Football IQ in Brazil speaking!

:worship:

Thanks. In Brazil many believe Oscar is the best player in Chelsea squad.

Many people believe a lot of stupid things, it does not mean you are the best.

Doubting Oscar is one thing, saying he is super overrated and already classifying him as a failure is another. He never played one huge game for Chelsea yet, he has for Inter and Brasil. We have to wait and give him time...

Oscar is the best #10 we produced in a long time.

Thanks. In Brazil many believe Oscar is the best player in Chelsea squad.

Anyone who believes that is an idiot. But that doesn't mean that Brazilians in general know nothing about football.

Just like many people think every Spanish midfielder is world-class. It's just not true, but there are still quite a few world-class midfielders who are Spanish.

I explained that terribly, so I apologize if that's confusing. :blink:

Lets be honest, I don't see why Henrique is being attacked by saying Oscar is overrated. Based on a few goals he has been billed up as what he is currently. Tbh I remember one game where he was outstanding. The Juve game for his 2 goals and job defensively on Pirlo. Hes been hot and cold since, I know its his first season and all but recently I've expected more from him, as I did with Hazard a few months ago the only difference being Hazard has stepped it up a bit where as Oscar hasn't. I think playing him as a #10 is best for him right now, he still needs to grow as a player before even talking about moving him back a seat to play as a deeper midfielder. He was much better at the Olympics than what he has been for the last 4-5 months or so. I'm not agreeing with Henrique completey and saying Oscar is going to be a failure, far from it but still he is being billed up slightly as a better player than what he is.

Anyone who believes that is an idiot. But that doesn't mean that Brazilians in general know nothing about football.

People who say that in Brazil are the ones who dont watch European games and think they still live in the 60s, 70s ans 80s, where we were vastly superior than any other nation. All they know about European Football is what they see on open tv, which is usually only news of UCL, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Brazilians abroad.

There is a good amount of professional journalists and amateur coaches that are experts on European football that know better.

Go back a few pages back, he literally said he knows more about football than anyone in Brazil. :lol:

EDIT: What dionsa said in the post bellow.

Don't think Oscar is suited to play the No.10 role at the moment. Either he's dropping too deep or going too far forward that he isn't linking the midfield and attack like he's supposed too. He's not like Mata who always pass, move, pass, move, pass and move, always looking to create by moving into the space. Oscar's movement at times can be static in advanced positions. Right now, think he would be best played in the pivot. Need someone who can control the midfield for us as well.

Just like many people think every Spanish midfielder is world-class. It's just not true, but there are still quite a few world-class midfielders who are Spanish.

I explained that terribly, so I apologize if that's confusing. :blink:

Well, most brazilians think Oscar is the best player in Chelsea squad because the press makes them believe so. If you don't follow english football closely and listen to brazilian media you would be led to think Oscar is the best player we've got. They aren't stupid, they're misinformed.

Don't think Oscar is suited to play the No.10 role at the moment. Either he's dropping too deep or going too far forward that he isn't linking the midfield and attack like he's supposed too. He's not like Mata who always pass, move, pass, move, pass and move, always looking to create by moving into the space. Oscar's movement at times can be static in advanced positions. Right now, think he would be best played in the pivot. Need someone who can control the midfield for us as well.

You can only say that once he gets the opportunity to play in that position. The problem is that we have Mata in there, and he is currently a much better player than Oscar.

What pisses me off is that Benitez never plays him in his natural position, not even when Mata is not there. It is much more benefical and productive to use Oscar as a direct sub to Juan then to throw him in the fire in a wrong position.

You can only say that once he gets the opportunity to play in that position. The problem is that we have Mata in there, and he is currently a much better player than Oscar.

He has played there before, though not necessarily a lot of times but still probably enough to make a decent judgment on Oscar in the No.10 role.

He has played there before, though not necessarily a lot of times but still probably enough to make a decent judgment on Oscar.

Tell me what games Oscar was our dominant central mid (because that is his role in Brazil)...