Oscar

themightyblue

Lets be honest, I don't see why Henrique is being attacked by saying Oscar is overrated. Based on a few goals he has been billed up as what he is currently. Tbh I remember one game where he was outstanding. The Juve game for his 2 goals and job defensively on Pirlo. Hes been hot and cold since, I know its his first season and all but recently I've expected more from him, as I did with Hazard a few months ago the only difference being Hazard has stepped it up a bit where as Oscar hasn't. I think playing him as a #10 is best for him right now, he still needs to grow as a player before even talking about moving him back a seat to play as a deeper midfielder. He was much better at the Olympics than what he has been for the last 4-5 months or so. I'm not agreeing with Henrique completey and saying Oscar is going to be a failure, far from it but still he is being billed up slightly as a better player than what he is.

Olympics was a poor tournament, and u23. Fyi, Orcar wasnt one of the top 10 players in Brazil.

Olympics was a poor tournament, and u23. Fyi, Orcar wasnt one of the top 10 players in Brazil.

List those 10 players who were better than him. I've seen many Internacional fans agreeing he was their best player, for instance.

And he was definitely top 3 u21 players.

Just going to add my 2 cents. The lad is a sublime talent, his overall game is hugely impressive for someone so young. However he's come to England and it's pretty difficult with the physical nature of the game and trying to adapt to that and a different culture, it's not been helped by him being played out of position and Rafa rarely starting him either.

Put this lad in Spain or Italy and you have a superstar. He may become a superstar in England if given the time and the opportunity.

Man City, QPR, Swansea....

No, Oscar was not the CAM. He played very, very few minutes in this position.

So you can understand what i am saying, Oscar needs to be centralized and have space (he cant have competition for space from his teammates). Brazil plays him in a 4-2-1-2-1/4-2-1-3/4-3-3. Oscar played in front of Rambo and Paulinho and behind Neymar, Fred/Kaka and Hulk; being the dominant force in the central attacking mid.

Tell me one game this has happened...

List those 10 players who were better than him. I've seen many Internacional fans agreeing he was their best player, for instance.

they have no luck then hahahahahahaha

Just going to add my 2 cents. The lad is a sublime talent, his overall game is hugely impressive for someone so young. However he's come to England and it's pretty difficult with the physical nature of the game and trying to adapt to that and a different culture, it's not been helped by him being played out of position and Rafa rarely starting him either.

Put this lad in Spain or Italy and you have a superstar. He may become a superstar in England if given the time and the opportunity.

stop with this excuse: he comes to england and it's pretty difficult lol . he has to come back in brazil then lol

Oscar and Mata play in the same position, they will not work together (as of right now). If you all want to see Oscar playing good football, he must be a direct sub to Juan. He will only play 15-20 games in 2013, but they will be excellent games.

He can play on the pivot, but this will take more time (are you willing to wait more than we already are?). He needs to improve his body and adapt to his totally new life and football style in order to play CM in England.

Well, most brazilians think Oscar is the best player in Chelsea squad because the press makes them believe so. If you don't follow english football closely and listen to brazilian media you would be led to think Oscar is the best player we've got. They aren't stupid, they're misinformed.

To be honest, if anyone depends on the media to form an opinion rather than watching actual football matches, then they're stupid in my opinion.

But I do agree, it's sad to see how easily people are affected by the media. It's not just in Brazil, it happens in the UK and Europe a hell of a lot too. Most non-Chelsea fans seem to think Chelsea are 'evil.'

No, Oscar was not the CAM. He played very, very few minutes in this position.

So you can understand what i am saying, Oscar needs to be centralized and have space (he cant have competition for space from his teammates). Brazil plays him in a 4-2-1-2-1/4-2-1-3/4-3-3. Oscar played in front of Rambo and Paulinho and behind Neymar, Fred/Kaka and Hulk; being the dominant force in the central attacking mid.

Tell me one game this has happened...

I believe our formation is hindering the talent of the trio. Not only Oscar, but Mata and Hazard too. I don't like them playing the 4-2-3-1 together at all.

To be honest, if anyone depends on the media to form an opinion rather than watching actual football matches, then they're stupid in my opinion.

But I do agree, it's sad to see how easily people are affected by the media. It's not just in Brazil, it happens in the UK and Europe a hell of a lot too. Most non-Chelsea fans seem to think Chelsea are 'evil.'

Let's agree to disagree. I mean, not everyone can follow closely every league in the planet, so you've gotta trust the opinion of somebody.

Most people would believe those news are written/produced by pros, by people who know what they're talking about and have some criteria, unfortunately that's not always the case.

Fred, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Bernard, Lucas, Paulinho, Danilo, Barcos, Vagner Love, Zé Roberto, Seedorf, Diego Cavalieri, Ralf...

And Internacional did not want anything in past years. Few people knew Oscar untill that game against Argentina.

I believe our formation is hindering the talent of the trio. Not only Oscar, but Mata and Hazard too. I don't like them playing the 4-2-3-1 together at all.

I actually think Mata and Hazard and Oscar and Hazard play pretty well together. However, when Mazacar play, something feels wrong.

I honestly believe we need a true winger, someone who has talent, flair and knows how to score (similar to Alexis Sanchez).

We would have Hazard and Marin for the left wing, Mata and Oscar for #10 and Moses and X to the right wing. Obviously they can exchange positions, but this would be give enoguh depth.