Oscar

themightyblue

LMAO

So you watch european football in globoesporte.com, well...I heard the same thing about Oscar in Fox Sports and ESPN, and even people who are really good, like PVC, are way too biased about Oscar.

I've watched it once. I was away from home so I didn't have much of a choice, but I'm never ever doing it again :D

ps: my teacher is talking about her personal life so I might aswell take care of mine.

LMAO

So you watch european football in globoesporte.com, well...I heard the same thing about Oscar in Fox Sports and ESPN, and even people who are really good, like PVC, are way too biased naive about Oscar.

True, but I fixed it. :D

You are overrating the guy, to be fair. In Libertadores Oscar barely played a good football, Internacional did not win Gauchão, in 2011 Oscar wasnt considered one of the best midfielders in Brasileirão (they were Ronaldinho and Montillo), so I dont even know why you are talking this kind of thing.

Oscar was never considered a top 5 in Brazil, untill that game against Argentina.

Dude, Oscar had many judicial/legal problems during that period. He was disallowed to play several matches. It was a tough year for him.

Besides, he was playing for Internacional. You know brazilian media tends to 'forget' clubs that are not from São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro. You know if he was playing for SPFC, Corinthians or Flamengo he'd be a major player in the news.

You are overrating the guy, to be fair. In Libertadores Oscar barely played a good football, Internacional did not win Gauchão, in 2011 Oscar wasnt considered one of the best midfielders in Brasileirão (they were Ronaldinho and Montillo), so I dont even know why you are talking this kind of thing.

Oscar was never considered a top 5 in Brazil, untill that game against Argentina.

Oscar was only consired a top5 by the general public after Argentina (that is true), but he was always the "gem" of Sao Paulo.

You might not know this, but Muricy used to miss a few trainning sessions only to travel to Cotia and have a close look on how things were going with Oscar.

Why do you hate oscar so much... He is only 21 has a lot of potential and has players ahead of him so isn't starting regularly yet. And "chelsea is too big for him"... If that is true, so are half of the players we have on our team. Its also his first season in the prem. Not everyone can light it up right away. Saying he needs to go back to a shit championship and chelsea is too big to a 21 year old is crazy...

yes he's only 21 i'm agree but i think he has potential to play by example in france or a smaller championship.did you even seen his performances. he has missed all his season. i hope he will do better in 2 ,3 years

Dude, Oscar had many judicial/legal problems during that period. He was disallowed to play several matches. It was a tough year for him.

Besides, he was playing for Internacional. You know brazilian media tends to 'forget' clubs that are not from São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro. You know if he was playing for SPFC, Corinthians or Flamengo he'd be a major player in the news.

I said he is overrated. It only means tha he is not as good as people think he is. It does not mean he is a bad player. He is good, and have potential, but people are saying: e team with Hazard, Oscar and Mata is supposed to be the best in the league.

Thats not right. Hazard and Oscar are both overrated, but at least the belgian is ready for a role in a team like Chelsea, I mean, he is not even close of being as good as belgian fans believe, but at the end of the day he is scoring goals and giving a lot of assists, Oscar instead makes the midfield unbalaced.

I said he is overrated. It only means tha he is not as good as people think he is. It does not mean he is a bad player. He is good, and have potential, but people are saying: e team with Hazard, Oscar and Mata is supposed to be the best in the league.

Thats not right. Hazard and Oscar are both overrated, but at least the belgian is ready for a role in a team like Chelsea, I mean, he is not even close of being as good as belgian fans believe, but at the end of the day he is scoring goals and giving a lot of assists, Oscar instead makes the midfield unbalaced.

I agree with that, but I think he's being misused and that contributes to the feeling you get.

Then why did you post you already know his future (failure, comeback to Brazil and blame the manager)? To be completely fair, I agree with that last post.

All that was bothering me was that you have a very snob way of expressing your opinion. Oscar is overrrated (Brazilians are) and he is not having a good season (far from it). However, the kid is amazing and he has the potential to be as good as Mata (which is incredible).

What I am asking is that we play him in his natural position, we cant ask much from him if he is playing as a winger. It is like asking Mikel to play as CB and then criticizing the man.

No, Oscar was not the CAM. He played very, very few minutes in this position.

So you can understand what i am saying, Oscar needs to be centralized and have space (he cant have competition for space from his teammates). Brazil plays him in a 4-2-1-2-1/4-2-1-3/4-3-3. Oscar played in front of Rambo and Paulinho and behind Neymar, Fred/Kaka and Hulk; being the dominant force in the central attacking mid.

Tell me one game this has happened...

He has. Against Man City, he played as the No.10 and sticking closely to Torres with Mata and Hazard out wide. Even Seb posted screen shots awhile ago from that game outlining out tactical shape with and without the ball and you can see Oscar is playing behind Torres.

Against QPR, we started with Oscar, Marin and Moses behind Torres and you're telling me we played Marin or Moses behind Torres?!

As for Swansea, don't remember him sticking to the No.10 role as there was a bit of rotational positions but whever he has played there, he has looked ineffective.

I honestly believe we need a true winger, someone who has talent, flair and knows how to score (similar to Alexis Sanchez).

Not sure Sanchez and scoring fits into the same sentence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2InAwL-5eys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCwL5PK5RYA

He has. Against Man City, he played as the No.10 and sticking closely to Torres with Mata and Hazard out wide. Even Seb posted screen shots awhile ago from that game outlining out tactical shape with and without the ball and you can see Oscar is playing behind Torres.

Against QPR, we started with Oscar, Marin and Moses behind Torres and you're telling me we played Marin or Moses behind Torres?!

As for Swansea, don't remember him sticking to the No.10 role as there was a bit of rotational positions but whever he has played there, he has looked ineffective.

Not sure Sanchez and scoring fits into the same sentence...

1. Just because you saw one pic it does not mean he was playing in that role, I can show 10 stupid pretty pics of Oscar and make him look #10 in Wednesday's game. Show me the whole game where I can see him playing as CENTRAL attacking mid for most of the time and I will accept he played as a n.10 against ManCity. (Just so you know, one of the first discussions I had with SeB was about Torres movement an how great they were, guess who was right now that we see a true striker? His pretty but useless and misleading pics were enough for some fangirls to jump on his bandwagon).

2. Against some teams he did have his chance, but I am not telling you he had never ever had a chance, I am saying they are very rare and that they should not be enough to crave he aint good enough (atm) for the CAM spot (like you did). He is not Mata, but he does not need to be so wrongly used. You really want to judge a 21 year old who had 2 seasons in his whole career for having 1-2-3 true chances in 30 games? Seriously...

3. Are you really going to use Youtube videos to try to prove anything? Please, I can make Torres look like Ronaldo or the other way around (although it might be difficult, maybe NewCastle and Barcelona will do). If we had Hazard + Mata + Alexis and Oscar + Moses for depth and rotation (maybe even to gain position), half of our creating problem would be over. Forgot Demba Ba....definetly a comfortable top3.

EDIT: I can see why people told Oscar should have stayed in Brazil not to fuck with his development, Neymar did the right thing by staying (then he will go to Barcelona to have 1 fucking bad season to later explode, Chelsea fans will cry and ask why they are always so impatient).

1. Just because you saw one pic it does not mean he was playing in that role, I can show 10 stupid pretty pics of Oscar and make him look #10 in Wednesday's game. Show me the whole game where I can see him playing as CENTRAL attacking mid for most of the time and I will accept he played as a n.10 against ManCity. (Just so you know, one of the first discussions I had with SeB was about Torres movement an how great they were, guess who was right now that we see a true striker? His pretty but useless and misleading pics were enough for some fangirls to jump on his bandwagon).

The point here isn't being about whether Seb posted those pictures or was proven wrong in the Torres debate. And it's more than just one picture by the way. It's about pointing out what was obvious in those games and the pictures from Seb(and even other sources) merely reflects that. If you see things differently, then just agree to disagree then.

2. Against some teams he did have his chance, but I am not telling you he had never ever had a chance, I am saying they are very rare and that they should not be enough to crave he aint good enough (atm) for the CAM spot (like you did). He is not Mata, but he does not need to be so wrongly used. You really want to judge a 21 year old who had 2 seasons in his whole career for having 1-2-3 true chances in 30 games? Seriously...

Goodness me. Why do you sound so pissed like I have just disregard Oscar off completely?! I merely said playing in the No.10 role at the club isn't suited for him from what I've seen so far. He might turn out to excel in the No.10 or he might not. Who knows?! His best position here is still up in the air IMO. I would like to see him try playing the pivot where he is likely to get more time and space and he has the ability to dictate the play from deep areas given his range of passing.

3. Are tou really going to use Youtube videos to try to prove anything? Please, I can make Torres look like Ronaldo or the other way around (although it might be difficult, maybe NewCastle and Barcelona will do). With he had Hazard + Mata + Alexis and Oscar and Moses for depth and rotation (maybe even to gain position), half of our creating problem would be over. Forgot Demba Ba....definetly a comfortable top3.

Blimey. Someone can't even take a half-joke! :doh:

Goodness me. Why do you sound so pissed like I have just disregard Oscar off completely?! I merely said playing in the No.10 role at the club isn't suited for him from what I've seen so far. He might turn out to excel in the No.10 or he might not. Who knows?! His best position here is still up in the air IMO. I would like to see him try playing the pivot where he is likely to get more time and space and he has the ability to dictate the play from deep areas given his range of passing.

I dont sound pissed, I sound serious. I do because Oscar is a very delicate matter and most of our fans are already criticizing him and saying he is a failure and not good enough.

Oscar is not by any means ready or capable of taking Mata's starting position, but just because we have two good players at the same position it does not mean we must fuck with one of them just so they both get playing time. Barcelona dont do it with Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta an ManCity dont do it with Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko.

Oscar is a #10, but he can very much adapt to the pivot role. However, people cant even wait half a season, imagine 12-18 months so he can work on his body and new position. I doubt he would last 6 more months with the way things are going.

I prefer Oscar playing 15-20 games a year where he should than 25-30 in stupid position and ocasions. It will be much more productive.

I dont sound pissed, I sound serious. I do because Oscar is a very delicate matter and most of our fans are already criticizing him and saying he is a failure and not good enough.

Oscar is not by any means ready or capable of taking Mata's starting position, but just because we have two good players at the same position it does not mean we must fuck with one of them just so they both get playing time. Barcelona dont do it with Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta an ManCity dont do it with Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko.

Oscar is a #10, but he can very much adapt to the pivot role. However, people cant even wait half a season, imagine 12-18 months so he can work on his body and new position. I doubt he would last 6 more months with the way things are going.

I prefer Oscar playing 15-20 games a year where he should than 25-30 in stupid position and ocasions. It will be much more productive.

I apologize if I sound like I was getting impatient with Oscar. I'm not. It's just that, IMO, he isn't best used in the CAM right now but probably better in the pivot. That's all really.