Daniel Sturridge

the wes

A good job we sold him, never good enough to be a front line striker for us... imagine if he was still here, we'd have three injury prone forwards.

Don't think so. Our medical staff is probably one of the top 3 in Europe and Mou's being always praised for having one of the most injury-friendly practice methods so I highly doubt Sturridge'd be as often and much injured as he is at Liverpool. During his time here I only remember him being injured when RDM was in charge in 2012/13.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I always thought he was a shitty, selfish forward but damn was I wrong. One of the best forwards in England and if he were healthy, he'd be dragging Liverpool's arse to a better position.

that's a big ass 'if' though

Personally I've always thought he was technically good, but lacked on determination and discipline, which is a bit less important for forwarders.

Now, I think this was the best sale ever, because he appears to be incredibly injury-prone.

Personally I've always thought he was technically good, but lacked on determination and discipline, which is a bit less important for forwarders.

Now, I think this was the best sale ever, because he appears to be incredibly injury-prone.

I'd take his 42 goals to add them to the tally. I wouldn't rely on him but I'd love to see him at the club.

I'd take his 42 goals to add them to the tally. I wouldn't rely on him but I'd love to see him at the club.

He did score a lot of goals when playing alongside Luis Suarez and that was his one great season when he scored 21 goals. Reckon the jury is still out there.

a) Is he going to be able to accomplish the same without poaching next to a world class striker?

B) Is he ever going remain fit long enough to regain match fitness and do the above? You need match fitness for the above.

c) Wouldn't these niggling (and some serious) injuries take a toll? how much?

He did score a lot of goals when playing alongside Luis Suarez and that was his one great season when he scored 21 goals. Reckon the jury is still out there.

a) Is he going to be able to accomplish the same without poaching next to a world class striker?

B) Is he ever going remain fit long enough to regain match fitness and do the above? You need match fitness for the above.

c) Wouldn't these niggling (and some serious) injuries take a toll? how much?

Don't really know, don't really care. All I'm saying up until this point I'd have taken him alongside the strikers the club already has.

I don't him to return to the club, I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Best sale ever? We sold him for £12m, he's worth at least triple that now. Yeah, he has his injury problems but he would've definitely at the very least been a great squad player here.

It was poor business.

Best sale ever? We sold him for £12m, he's worth at least triple that now. Yeah, he has his injury problems but he would've definitely at the very least been a great squad player here.

It was poor business.

It was purely because of what happened in the 18 months after, but right now no one will pay £12m for him purely because he can barely string two games together.

He's looking every bit a new Ledley King, great when available, but how often is that actually going to be? He hasn't even returned to The Bridge as a Liverpool player and we've hosted them what 4-5 times since he left.

It was purely because of what happened in the 18 months after, but right now no one will pay £12m for him purely because he can barely string two games together.

He's looking every bit a new Ledley King, great when available, but how often is that actually going to be? He hasn't even returned to The Bridge as a Liverpool player and we've hosted them what 4-5 times since he left.

He got rushed back a lot of those times because Brendan needed him. I believe he'd get some sufficient sort of rest now Klopp is there. Hopefully his injury gets managed properly.

I certainly would sign Sturridge for £12m right now, even given his injury problems.

He got rushed back a lot of those times because Brendan needed him. I believe he'd get some sufficient sort of rest now Klopp is there. Hopefully his injury gets managed properly.

I certainly would sign Sturridge for £12m right now, even given his injury problems.

Well agree to disagree - at some point having a player like this can be disruptive.

Btw that was exactly what happened with Torres. You are assuming that he will remain playing at this level despite injuries, But at some point these injuries will take their toll.