Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Well agree to disagree - at some point having a player like this can be disruptive.

Btw that was exactly what happened with Torres. You are assuming that he will remain playing at this level despite injuries, But at some point these injuries will take their toll.

Sturridge is a much better footballer than Torres fundamentally so even if injuries effect him it won't be as severe as Torres.

I agree that having an injury prone player isn't the best but he would've made for great competition with Costa.

a) Is he going to be able to accomplish the same without poaching next to a world class striker?

-----

Why does this lazy argument keep cropping up?

who knows!? maybe because that happened to be the season where he scored 21 goals and he hasn't been able to repeat it. And I wouldn't call it an argument, but rather a consideration. However, I do understand that ignoring pertinent variables to make one's point is routine around here.

So, if I acknowledge the fact he scored 21 goals that season, which keeps cropping up here, I feel entitled to mention the circumstances under which that took place.

who knows!? maybe because that happened to be the season where he scored 21 goals and he hasn't been able to repeat it. And I wouldn't call it an argument, but rather a consideration. However, I do understand that ignoring pertinent variables to make one's point is routine around here.

So, if I acknowledge the fact he scored 21 goals that season, which keeps cropping up here, I feel entitled to mention the circumstances under which that took place.

Well it's obvious there's a number of mitigating factors other than Suarez that explains why he hasn't got 21 goals in other seasons, injuries, mismanagement/lack of chances etc. but you were implying he only 'poached goals' because he was playing with Suarez.

That season his record was better without Suarez, he scored goals for Bolton, goals for us (not said often but he averaged a goal every 188 minutes for us, or every 2 games), and has continued to score goals for Liverpool the few times he hasn't been injured.

In 13/14 he also certainly didn't poach goals, he scored a whole manner of good goals that season, this is all fact that goes against the baseless statements that suggest Sturridge isn't an excellent player in his own right and not due to Suarez.

Well it's obvious there's a number of mitigating factors other than Suarez that explains why he hasn't got 21 goals in other seasons, injuries, mismanagement/lack of chances etc. but you were implying he only 'poached goals' because he was playing with Suarez.

That season his record was better without Suarez, he scored goals for Bolton, goals for us (not said often but he averaged a goal every 188 minutes for us, or every 2 games), and has continued to score goals for Liverpool the few times he hasn't been injured.

In 13/14 he also certainly didn't poach goals, he scored a whole manner of good goals that season, this is all fact that goes against the baseless statements that suggest Sturridge isn't an excellent player in his own right and not due to Suarez.

Did not say he isn't a good player on his own right, only that I am not entirely sure he is a 21-goal a season striker just yet - because of the many circumstances that led him to achieve that in one season and not in others.

Besides, it's not just Suarez, but the fact they played with two strikers in that season, which is rare these days.

Again my point isn't that he cannot lead the line for a top club, but rather that I don't share the certainty that others here do. Esp considering his many injuries.

Gutted for him. He'd easily be one of the best 5 strikers in the World if his body didn't keep failing him. That cunt Klopp claiming he doesn't know the difference between "pain" and "real pain" must look like an idiot now.

And this is why he didn't make it here. He kept getting injured when he got his chance. It wasn't because Roman forced Torres to play. I'm sick and tired of that dumb myth.

• 1 month later...