Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Do football coaches ever tell these guys to do yoga & body realignment? I had chronic shoulder and back pains, but it turned out that it was caused by my neck, & posture, and so focusing on making my neck better was what helped everything else, even pains in my wrist.

If Danny is always hurting his wee legs, they may not be the issue - it could be his core.

Spoiler

I always did think he was heartless...:P

• 4 months later...

His goal yesterday and Hazard's goal vs Tottenham have been the only goals I've properly celebrated in the last season of football. Hasn't been mentioned a lot but I thought it was interesting that yesterday was the first time in ages Sturridge played wide right, probably the first time since Chelsea days all that time ago.

His skill set as a striker is quite unique and I'm glad he's been called up. Probably England's most technical and skilful player. And always brings a goal threat. Some of his long distance shots yesterday were array yes, but he created those chances for himself, in a way no one else in the squad could. He himself had a big hand in the 1st goal and set up Rooney for a good chance later.

• 7 months later...

Carragher slams invisible Sturridge: “It’s like playing with 10 men”

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/01/25/carragher-slams-invisible-sturridge-its-like-playing-with-10-men/

He had an awful game last night. 2 of the times he got niear the ball he threw himself on the ground in the penalty area.

I will never get it why these guys move so quick. I know he wanted to play, but he is not playing in Pool, partly because of injuries but also because he aint as good as it was expected. If he sticked to us, he might not get injured so much, he might not be our leading guy, but he would be accepted by fans and he would get decent amount of chances even with Diego. And we wouldnt need to buy all these players like Remy, Ba or Bats. I think he would be more than decent for us as second choice striker.

Its a shame realy. Back then it looked as if he made right choice, but I think overall he would of had better career if he stayed here and fought for place. We had awful strikers few years ago.

• 2 months later...
On 26/01/2017 at 3:55 PM, BlueLyon said:

I will never get it why these guys move so quick. I know he wanted to play, but he is not playing in Pool, partly because of injuries but also because he aint as good as it was expected. If he sticked to us, he might not get injured so much, he might not be our leading guy, but he would be accepted by fans and he would get decent amount of chances even with Diego. And we wouldnt need to buy all these players like Remy, Ba or Bats. I think he would be more than decent for us as second choice striker.

Its a shame realy. Back then it looked as if he made right choice, but I think overall he would of had better career if he stayed here and fought for place. We had awful strikers few years ago.

Even in the Pedro role he would've been useful. 

• 3 months later...

on injuries, as a club do we get lucky year after year or are our conditioning/rehabilitation team far superior that other teams? Its rare we have a long term injury list and never seem to have injury prone player a la Arsenal/United/Liverpool

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, silviupastean said:

just an idea. why not go for sturridge as our 2nd striker? wants to move, knows the club, only 28/29 yo, injury prone - fits the bill. Not a real target man though.

Think that boat has sailed. I don't think hes anywhere near as good as people thought he was or what he thinks he is. He was pretty decent under AVB for us and one season at Liverpool but still think hes vastly overrated. If he stayed and played more as a right winger here he'd of been a mainstay, his skill set is more applicable to that role for me, although he got extremely greedy and shot almost every 2nd time he touched the ball before AVB went haha.

• 8 months later...

Daniel Sturridge explains what he said to Gianfranco Zola after his wonder strike vs Chelsea

https://www.givemesport.com/1396677-daniel-sturridge-explains-what-he-said-to-gianfranco-zola-after-his-wonder-strike-vs-chelsea?autoplay=off

"[I told him I had been] watching his videos, that's how I'm learning, the goal from the other night [in the Carabao Cup], today.

"That's what I told him, great player, he's a legend, and I really have watched his videos."