Luke Shaw

Joker10

Del Horno could check both fields- instant gratification and also one for the future.

Not really, Shaw is still the superior option, being PL proven, comfortable with the league and culture. Not to mention the fact we will be running extremely low on home-grown players..

The club (for marketing reasons) won't want Cahill to be the only englishman at Chelsea. Joe Hart is on constant rotation over here.. in the form of representing various companies via ad campaigns, hence why the Rooney chase wasn't just for football reasons. Kids growing up in this country and the future die-hard season ticket holders will have nobody to identify with; it's the reason Lampard-Terry are/were so marketable.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to do with what Mourinho wants.

Instant gratification.

Or build for long term?

He has stated many times that he is here for the long term and building a team for the future.

Logic would say Shaw.

But as you know, Mourinho is a big time liar.

We take everything he says with a grain of salt.

No logic does not say Shaw. Logic would be RR by far, Luis is a close second. Shaw doesnt match either in terms of quality.

Since we probably are looking for a 2nd choice LB to sit as cover for Azpi, RR is definitely the right choice.

I don't agree here, I believe Azpili will be moved back to RB. We're definitely not going to spend £20m on a back up to left-back, that doesn't make sense at all. I'm sure there are much cheaper alternatives to a second choice for that.

Not really, Shaw is still the superior option, being PL proven, comfortable with the league and culture. Not to mention the fact we will be running extremely low on home-grown players..

Not to mention the club (for marketing reasons) won't want Cahill to be the only englishman at Chelsea. Joe Hart is on constant rotation over here.. in the form of representing various companies via ad campaigns, hence why the Rooney chase wasn't just for football reasons. Kids growing up in this country and the future die-hard season ticket holders will have nobody to identify with; it's the reason Lampard-Terry are/were so marketable.

Nail on the head.

It's why we want the youngsters to come through as well, fans always identify with players that rise through the ranks. When you buy the players young too, like Lampard. That's why Shaw would be so important. It's why so many were delighted when Lukaku signed.. Countless numbers of that video were posted of his visit to SB uttering the words "one day I will play here".

We can't go another season with Azpi at LB. Hazard will be off to PSG/Madrid/Barca if that happens again. A player like Shaw would help bring the best out of Eden, Azpi at LB only hinders our best player.

Not to mention the club (for marketing reasons) won't want Cahill to be the only englishman at Chelsea. Joe Hart is on constant rotation over here.. in the form of representing various companies via ad campaigns, hence why the Rooney chase wasn't just for football reasons. Kids growing up in this country and the future die-hard season ticket holders will have nobody to identify with; it's the reason Lampard-Terry are/were so marketable.

Those are really great points.

But he costs 10m more and we have to start a bidding war with a desperate United.

I reckon Jose might take the cheaper option here.

We can't go another season with Azpi at LB. Hazard will be off to PSG/Madrid/Barca if that happens again. A player like Shaw would help bring the best out of Eden, Azpi at LB only hinders our best player.

How do you mean?

Azpi was one of our best players, so how did he hinder Eden ?

If Azpi will deploy as right back next season, I bet there will be rumours about Ivanovic when January transfer window open : "not happy", "want to go", "need a game time", "too much competition", "Ivanovic want to follow Luiz", "PSG closed in Ivanovic", etc.

How do you mean?

It had to have been frustrating for Eden having to take on 2-3 defenders almost every time he got the ball. Even with those 2-3 defenders he still managed a great season and was our best player.

Imagine how good he'd look with a decoy up there with him who defenders actually have to worry about and account for. They didn't have to do that with Azpi since he rarely ever overlapped and played off of Eden.

Shaw or RR would help take Eden to a whole new level. A level where he's in Ballon d'or territory.

Seriously I would rather pay 30 for Shaw than 20 for Luis...

We got even more money with Luiz sale and Shaw is homegrown, Luis is 29 y.o. and makes no sense paying 20mio for him.

Just take Shaw for 30 or Rodriguez for 20m...

Seriously I would rather pay 30 for Shaw than 20 for Luis...

We got even more money with Luiz sale and Shaw is homegrown, Luis is 29 y.o. and makes no sense paying 20mio for him.

Just take Shaw for 30 or Rodriguez for 20m...

Totally.

What's with the Ricardo Rodriguez hype on this forum? People are even abbreviating his name now lol, from the 3/4 games I've watched since KDB signed for Wolfsburg he looks like the Spanish version of Leighton Baines (inflated stats due to him taking set-pieces) but even worse defensively.

Shaw on the other hand is the closest thing to a Phillip Lahm/Ashley Cole type defender instead of another failed winger and a homegrown Chelsea fan.

What's with the Ricardo Rodriguez hype on this forum? People are even abbreviating his name now lol, from the 3/4 games I've watched since KDB signed for Wolfsburg he looks like the Spanish version of Leighton Baines (inflated stats due to him taking set-pieces) but even worse defensively.

Shaw on the other hand is the closest thing to a Phillip Lahm/Ashley Cole type defender instead of another failed winger and a homegrown Chelsea fan.

Spanish Leighton Baines? Lol. You realize, even though he is in the Bundesliga and not the PL he won more tackles and aerial duels than Shaw and had more interceptions? Not exactly weak defensively.

Shaw is the next Lahm/Cole? Pump your brakes their, bud. He's 18. He has potential but let's hold off on calling him Lahm/Cole. That's disrespectful to those legends.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You