Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general concensus seems to be 30m is too much, while it seems steep other factors have to be considered.

Look at Ferdinand (yes he is a cunt that's not the point) back in 2002 he went to United as a 30m CENTRE BACK, 12 years, 6 titles and a CL medal later who's laughing now? Even looking beyond that, he has been a vital part off their spine all this time and the homegrown core every club needs.
Factor in the fact that Shaw is homegrown, a local lad, adds to our HG quota and could give us 12-13 years off world class service and even beyond that could potentially do a JT/Giggs/Maldini (by that i mean even past their peak still offer a lot in terms off priceless experience).
Price may seem a bit steep right now, but we won't be saying that at his testimonial.

The general concensus seems to be 30m is too much, while it seems steep other factors have to be considered.

Look at Ferdinand (yes he is a cunt that's not the point) back in 2002 he went to United as a 30m CENTRE BACK, 12 years, 6 titles and a CL medal later who's laughing now? Even looking beyond that, he has been a vital part off their spine all this time and the homegrown core every club needs.
Factor in the fact that Shaw is homegrown, a local lad, adds to our HG quota and could give us 12-13 years off world class service and even beyond that could potentially do a JT/Giggs/Maldini (by that i mean even past their peak still offer a lot in terms off priceless experience).
Price may seem a bit steep right now, but we won't be saying that at his testimonial.

Thing is though, there is the FFP now and crucially, a more pressing concern within the squad to spend 30m elsewhere than on a LB..

Thing is though, there is the FFP now and crucially, a more pressing concern within the squad to spend 30m elsewhere than on a LB..

We will probably have about 40m off club generated money to spend, also factor in the potential departures off Luiz, Ba, Mikel, Torres (please god) aswell as the loanee's we decide to let go permanently, will probably bring us 50 (possibly more kf Barca give us big bucks for Luiz).
Also we have about 10m left over from the Mata/KDB sales, so i reckon we will probably have about a 100m kitty this summer, potentially more if we win CL.

This situation will, I guess, tells us how much he's a proper Chelsea fan.....

I wouldn't blame him for flocking to the 100k/week deal, I would do it too.

We will probably have about 40m off club generated money to spend, also factor in the potential departures off Luiz, Ba, Mikel, Torres (please god) aswell as the loanee's we decide to let go permanently, will probably bring us 50 (possibly more kf Barca give us big bucks for Luiz).
Also we have about 10m left over from the Mata/KDB sales, so i reckon we will probably have about a 100m kitty this summer, potentially more if we win CL.

We're not selling Luiz!

Lol I said it before and I'll say it again £30 million for a 18 year old full back is just horrible business even if hes going to be a future England international for the next 15 years or not. Who the hell pays over £20m for a fullback bar Real Madrid cause they are stupid cunts? I still find it hard to believe we payed 15 or 16m/however much it was for Jose Bosingwa.

PSG for Marquinhos

Don't understand why we'd be constrained by FFP at all, really.

United and City both have higher wage bills than us but aren't showing any concerns about FFP at all. Both will easily spend £100m and likely much more in United's case. We don't need to completely revamp the side like United need to do so we aren't gonna spend £150m or anything like that, but I see no reason why we should spend £100m.

The thing is you would pay that money, I would pay that money, but I just can't see Jose dragging himself in a bidding war for Shaw. And €35m and a €6m p/a contract for an 18 yo guy is a lot of money to be honest.

As much as I'd love Chelsea to sign this lad, I just can't see it happening if the reported amounts offered by United are true. Big money there and a vacant spot at LB for Shaw.

Talking about a good LB, I think Ricardo Rodriguez is someone to keep an eye on. I've watched Wolfsburg millions of times and that guy is the real deal. Miles ahead of Shaw. He's been in superb form this season and I won't lie if I say he's the best LB in Bundesliga right now. And his price won't be influenced by being Swiss, or French or whatever.

No thank you. I will stick with that bloke called dave at left back. I heard he's not a bad fullback

Azpi on the left has been solid defensively but doesn't offer much going forward, he needs to play on the right next season where he should be.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You