Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly believe shaw can take on Europes elite? He is overrated. Youth does not equal success.

Gahh, why's he overrated?! I swear these terms are thrown around so loosely when it comes to football players. He's 18 and he's got potential that could make him world-class, but no-one has said he already is that. United will pay £30million for the potential and they're going to pay that because Southampton have put that sum to try and deter bids, but should a bid come in they want to financially well off.

Perhaps if he doesn't continue to rise beyond this, then he will be overrated, but he's not yet.

tried to find the world record price for a left back .. I imagine it was for Roberto Carlos ,, but I couldnt find the stats .

could someone put up some relevant figures so we can compare with Shaw

Coentrao and Alves are the most expensive full backs (30 million euros and 35.5 million euros).

tried to find the world record price for a left back .. I imagine it was for Roberto Carlos ,, but I couldnt find the stats .

could someone put up some relevant figures so we can compare with Shaw

Real Madrid only paid 5 mil for Carlos back in 97. At the time it was probably a lot of money but these days it's nothing.

Think Coentrao might be the most expensive at €30m.

Let me guess, UEFA gets overruled over FFP when City eventually take them to court; and we end up regretfully watching players, who without FFP would have been in our team, star for our rivals for years. Hmm!

Real Madrid only paid 5 mil for Carlos back in 97. At the time it was probably a lot of money but these days it's nothing.

Think Coentrao might be the most expensive at €30m.

Barca bought Alves for over €35m.

My mistake. I thought he was talking about FB.

Yeah, right-backs are still very much comparable to their left side counterparts in terms of pricing so it's better to include them as well. If we take lads like Dani Alves and Fabio Coentrao, we see players who were already world class and very much in their prime at the time of the transfer and then we have Luke Shaw, a kid who only has the potential to be world class one day but there's absolutely no guarantees he will come good. World's gone mad when a club pays nearly a world record amount for an 18-year-old child.

Yeah, right-backs are still very much comparable to their left side counterparts in terms of pricing so it's better to include them as well. If we take lads like Dani Alves and Fabio Coentrao, we see players who were already world class and very much in their prime at the time of the transfer and then we have Luke Shaw, a kid who only has the potential to be world class one day but there's absolutely no guarantees he will come good. World's gone mad when a club pays nearly a world record amount for an 18-year-old child.

His nationally is what is driving his price up. Ridculous really!

Thanks but I had seen so many posts saying grab him for 30million...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You