Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF

Black-Kid-Freaks-Out-When-A-Camera-Films

Think Kieran's point is that Azpi is a better RB than Ivanovic going forward (both still defensively sound) and rather than playing the former at LB and stifling his ability to go forward/cause damage in the final third, why not play him in his natural position at RB where he can do damage? After all, it's not like Ivanovic has exactly shone going forward at RB and doubt playing him at LB will make much of a difference compare to if Azpi were to be played at the RB.

The amounts being quoted for a left back, let alone an 18 year old are ridiculous. No guarantee he will ever be a first choice left back at Chelsea. Be much better off with Alberto Moreno or Ricardo Rodriguez for half the price.

He'd 100% be first choice LB as soon as he joined up IMO.

Not just because of the money but also the level he is already at. Shaw would be a great addition, and looking at United right now and the links to him going there hopefully he now understands why not to go there.

Lol I said it before and I'll say it again £30 million for a 18 year old full back is just horrible business even if hes going to be a future England international for the next 15 years or not. Who the hell pays over £20m for a fullback bar Real Madrid cause they are stupid cunts? I still find it hard to believe we payed 15 or 16m/however much it was for Jose Bosingwa.

Think Kieran's point is that Azpi is a better RB than Ivanovic going forward (both still defensively sound) and rather than playing the former at LB and stifling his ability to go forward/cause damage in the final third, why not play him in his natural position at RB where he can do damage? After all, it's not like Ivanovic has exactly shone going forward at RB and doubt playing him at LB will make much of a difference compare to if Azpi were to be played at the RB.

You play right footed left back to invite the cross and resist the inverted run. Ivanovic isn't quick enough to quell the inverted run so they'll just be making him look like a pylon. With Azpi, he's quick enough to stamp out the inverted run and if lets in the cross we have essentially a third center-back there to defend. We are playing lopsided defense with of LB/RB and it works until you put the slower guy on the left side because they are both right footed. Even as RB Ivanovic always, always, always lets people cross over him now imagine he had to stop crosses with his left foot? I never ever want to see Ivanovic on the left side, I will not watch. We can only have fullbacks going forward if the defense has no holes and the leftback position with Ivanovic would be a black hole!

Be interesting to see where Moye's dismissal leaves the Shaw transfer. With us you know there's always people like Emenalo who are involved in recruitment but I wonder who fills that void at United now. Clearly Moyes had some input on their deals with him getting Fellaini and apparently scouting potential targets so one wonders if the new guy might want something different.

One less club in the race would be beneficial.

Gutted if we miss out on him but got to laugh at the lengths United are willing to go here. In what world is an 18-year-old LB worth 30m pounds and 100k a week? I thought it was us who are supposed to be ruining football...

Buy Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg if Shaw isn't available without breaking the bank. I've always rated him just a little higher than Shaw (a couple of years older though) but still preferred Shaw for the fact he is a Chelsea fan and would qualify as a homegrown player but surely the lad isn't worth as much as United are supposedly willing to pay.

Ridiculous numbers there. As much as I like the kid and would love to have him here, that's silly money. There are a couple of highly rated young LB's out there that probably wouldn't cost half of that. Come on, £30m for a teenage LB!? That's nearly as much as Hazard who was already a proven player and had superstar potential.

I'm still of the belief that if we really want him and offer a nice wage packet he'll come. The rumored fee that United are offering is the only way I can see him choosing them over us. If the money is too silly to turn down. Paying striker or top midfielder money for a LB would be bad business for us.

100k a week for an 18 year old and 30M price tag......deary me.

You can probably buy world class, ready made players in certain positions for that amount.

Absurd money. How terrible would it make them look if they bought Shaw for £30m and we opted for Rodriguez for significantly less and they ended up being equally good or Rodriguez was even better?

We just bought Azpi for £7m and he's now the best fullback in the league. He's young and a Spanish international. Luke Shaw may sell for more than £20m more.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You