contract coming up in june doesn't look like he is going to resign could possibly get hi on free or for as little as 8m.. even with his injury history i rate him highly he scores 1 goal every 90minutes..thats pretty impressive.. we have taken a chance on marin for such a small fee why not Klaas

Because Marin is a young player with a bag of potential, and Huntelaar is the poster boy for the "big fish small pond" theory.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Marin is a young player with a bag of potential, and Huntelaar is the poster boy for the "big fish small pond" theory.

Well not really fair, i still think Huntelaar is an excellent striker and could do well at a "big club."

Didn't think he did that bad at Real Madrid. Consider he wasn't even a primary choice with Raul and Higuain at the club. He was only there for half a season during a bad time at the club, wasn't a instant success but neither was Benzema who was awful for nearly a season a half. Benzema was strongly backed at the club got numerous opportunity, something KJH didn't get.

Didn't follow him closely at Milan, so can't make a strong judgement on his spell at Milan. But i can say in his first year at Schalke he was pretty bad on par with performances at Madrid and Milan, you could see a striker out of form and lacking confidence. He turned it around last season.

From my observation i think he can succeed at a big club, he had difficult circumstances at Milan and Madrid, neither team showed great support in him. If Schalke sold him or allowed him to leave like his two previous clubs after his first season, we would probably say he can't succeed outside of the Eredivisie since he wasn't an instant success there either. Who knows if either Milan and Madrid gave him more support, we probably won't be calling him poster boy for the "big fish small bond" theory.

He is a fantastic striker, he can succeed at a "big club." I personally consider Schalke and Ajax big clubs.

like my fellow poster said above at madrid was not given a fair shake of it and still in 20 games had 8 goals.. at milan injured and didn't have the attacking midfielders that could find him in the spaces he took up still in 25 games had 7 goals.. now you look at him in the bundesliga top scorer last season and for shalke 39 goals in 58 games... i think the proof is in the stats he still has pace to give similiar stats for another 2 years..and if you truly watch him he doesn't score the same goals hes a clinical finisher give him half a sniff and he will score...

it just makes more sense to spend 8m for him in january then to spend another 45-50m on a brillant option but how much can we really spend

Huntelaar is just a better Gomez. He needs service as does Torres but opposite to our main striker he knows how to position himself in the box in order to tuck home instead of collecting balls on the flank.

what striker in the world does not need some sort of service..and if eden hazard and mata make torres better imagine what they would do with someone with amazing positioning

what striker in the world does not need some sort of service..and if eden hazard and mata make torres better imagine what they would do with someone with amazing positioning

There are strikers who run down the challenge, position at the offisde line or in the box, waiting for through ball, rebounds, crosses etc. On the other hand there are strikers who run around the pitch creating goas for themselves.

Whilst the first type rather rely on good service and concentrate on finishing clinically more often inside the box than outside, the second type is not soo reliant on good service due to him being technically more an allrounder. The first type is best at running towards goal with the ball when he has space and can at best finish with either foot and head, the second type can score from all sorts of ranges often can also take freekicks (u seldom see the poacher take freekicks), collects the ball from whereever and also create for themmates

Strikers of rather the first type are Huntelaar, Gomez and the liverpool-torres, who need accurate sercie but reward that with good efficiency. the second is Drogba, van Persie, Rooney, who can take freekicks, shots from distance. You probably remeber Lampard hoofing the ball forward to drogba for him to create himself space and taking the shot from any range.

Most strikers are mixed types and might not possess all the listed attributes in equal quality but u can allocate most main strikers to one of these two types.

So, to get back to u, Huntelaar is too similar to Torres, he would need to be the game of the team suit him. IMO we need a striker who can create himself when all else fails.

At best , He is a Totenham Level Player, nothing close to what a European Powerhouse requires.

Llorente for Our Striker on the bench.

If we buy a new striker, then for benchwarming, i'd say Llorente, provided he is ok with not being a starter.

Incase we are Shifting Torres and buying a replacement, it can be nothing less than a Cavani or Falcao sort of player.

Huntelaar and Llorente are far from being Chelsea;s main striker.

Bench Please, we have new seats too!

I hear what you are all saying and i not calling for him to be the season saviour but spurs level come on the mans strike rate alone left him 6th in the world last season only players of not better being messi ronaldo and falcao all who are considerably more expensive even the llorente did not score nearly enough goals in such an open league like la liga...

i'm saying for 7-8 million in january why not..especially when we have already spent upwards of 100m euros in summer window.. not to say we cant buy a big name striker in the following summer and offload ppl like torres.. we have a lot of games this season and Klaas would be more than serviable and cheap

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121005/chelsea-chasing-huntelaar-they-target-january-striker-signin

TalkSport reporting that we could go for Huntelaar in January and possibly get him for only £5m!

Also, they got his age wrong in there. He's 29 y/o, not 26!

http://www.talksport...-striker-signin

TalkSport reporting that we could go for Huntelaar in January and possibly get him for only £5m!

Also, they got his age wrong in there. He's 29 y/o, not 26!

Huntelaar wouldn't fit into our system at all. No link-up play, relies even more on his teammates than Torres and beside scoring he doesn't offer anything which means he's absolutely useless if he doesn't score. No, thanks!

• 1 month later...

He'd be a good short term option, but definitely not long term.

He reminds me of Mario Gomez - loads of goals, but he's not a very good striker. (sounds odd, I know)

He's another player who often needs the team to specifically suit him.

With that said, he really is a good finisher, which is just what we need right now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You