• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Had to dig pretty deep into the pages to find this guy's topic. He's good. He's not world class, but i believe he's better than the current Ba, current Torres and current Lukaku.

But more importantly, he's better than Eto'o which some people on here are naming. I don't understand why you'd want a 32 year old who has been playing in Russia for the last few years. Even if he was great with Mourinho at Inter. Huntelaar's better than Eto'o. And our strike force isn't good enough as it is now.

I'm not saying we SHOULD go for Huntelaar. All I'm saying is that now that the Rooney deal apparently is off (it changes every three days though) people are saying it's Eto'o or bust. Like they were saying it was Rooney or bust last week.

All I'm saying with this post is that we do have other options, like Huntelaar. I'd prefer him over the scum that is Suarez or a personality like Rooney any day. But yes, Rooney or Suarez are both better players. Huntelaar's cheaper though. A lot.

And there's some other options left too.

Edited by Hostedenis

48 in 48 the season before last :blink:

I know, and he was Bundesliga 11-12 topscorer as well. He's good. And not as pricey as Rooney/Suarez.

He's old though. 31 if I'm not mistaken (Should look it up). But that's still younger than Eto'o, and he's playing in a much more competitive league than the Russian one. And was topscorer the season before last. And cheaper and on lower wages than Eto'o.

Don't see Chelsea going for him though. I'm just saying it's not Eto'o or bust. But I don't really see Chelsea going for Eto'o either. He (or Eto'o for that matter) don't fit into the club's current philosophy. He'll probably finish his career at Schalke. Pity though, would've been a good striker to have for a year or two, which is about the time Lukaku needs to step up his game.

Edited by Hostedenis

Huntelaar does not fit in our system whatsoever. He's a goal getter with excellent movement yes, but all other aspects of his game are poor.

Would be far worse than the potential Eto'o signing.

Edited by The Skipper

48 in 48 the season before last :blink:

Could be worth a shot if the price is right, i suppose.

scored twice last weekend. this guy just gets goals

think he will stay at schalke though. only recently signed 2-year contract

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You