Bastian Schweinsteiger

Cesc???

Bastian was never the only weapon for Bayern and Germany, at Man U they will try to make him like Scholes and control games, i cant see that working out to well for him or Man United.

are u kidding me. they have mata, ADM/herrera, rooney. so many ball players through which the attack can be concentrated.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are u kidding me. they have mata, ADM/herrera, rooney. so many ball players through which the attack can be concentrated.

they had rvp and falcao last year and relied on fellaini to save them instead...

That's precisely what I'm saying. His body is broken and its difficult to predict whether his body will be able to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Prem. I have no doubt he can play, its whether his body can handle the rigours of this new league... at 31.

fair enough. but its still worth the risk. 14mil pounds for a WC player. even if he plays half the games for united in the season, he will be worth the money.

fair enough. but its still worth the risk. 14mil pounds for a WC player. even if he plays half the games for united in the season, he will be worth the money.

13m a year for 3 years as well....

yet to be seen. I like his experience and his desire to play but this only looks good if they grab someone like schneiderlin if you ask me.

Wow what a signing for Manchester United and Van Gaal! People who say he won't improve their squad are living in denial. Ridiculous how FIFA affects the logic of football fans, 30 year old is far from old in modern football. Terry will play few seasons, Robben might play another five so get over the fact that 30 is some magic age when football stars become worthless. This summer there won't World Cup either so he will have some much needed rest to get his fitness worked out.

they had rvp and falcao last year and relied on fellaini to save them instead...

rvp and falcao were both disastorous last season. infact united's best phase in the season came when fellaini was in form and they had to go to long ball. with rooney upfront, things can change massively.

none of them are big threats, Mata is a shadow of his former self, Herrera can not control a game, and its not 2010 anymore, Rooney is as good as finished.

rvp and falcao were both disastorous last season. infact united's best phase in the season came when fellaini was in form and they had to go to long ball. with rooney upfront, things can change massively.

that's the point im making though. They had all those players and it was longball fellaini smash that got them to top 4.

none of them are big threats, Mata is a shadow of his former self, Herrera can not control a game, and its not 2010 anymore, Rooney is as good as finished.

Its like people forget Utd's best run of form came with Fellaini playing the 10 and Young on the left wing...

herrera can very well control a game. mata might not be as good as he was with us in 11-13, but this is the exact signing which can make him a huge threat again.

i have been hearing this since 2010, yet every year rooney gets the goals and assists. in the last 4 season (11-15) he has got 83 goals, playing as a CAM, striker, midfielder and what not.

herrera can very well control a game. mata might not be as good as he was with us in 11-13, but this is the exact signing which can make him a huge threat again.

i have been hearing this since 2010, yet every year rooney gets the goals and assists. in the last 4 season (11-15) he has got 83 goals, playing as a CAM, striker, midfielder and what not.

How does the signing of bastian help mata?

If anything, it gives LVG more reason to sell him

that's the point im making though. They had all those players and it was longball fellaini smash that got them to top 4.

and they have lost the 2 biggest failures of their previous campaign - rvp and falcao. both players had lost all their danger in the box. were not converting chances and infact the game i saw rvp and falcao playing together (or even indivudually) they were poor. they will have rooney upfront and no longer trying to be a midfielder. a good winger/inside forward in depay (something they dint have last season). maria will have had a year more in PL which is important as well as the quality of bastian. things will be completely different for united this time around (not saying definitely successful but definitely different). no more young and valencia fluffing crosses on the wing, or playing a one dimensional player as a RB etc etc.

Fantastic signing for them, will be interesting to see him in the PL.

Can't wait for the new season, United and maybe even Arsenal will be right up there trying to challenge us for the title and can't underestimate City either even though they haven't really improved their squad yet.

How does the signing of bastian help mata?

If anything, it gives LVG more reason to sell him

it definitely helps mata. the players he will be feeding are not fellaini, young and valencia with a stagnant rvp/falcao upfront. they wont have to go long ball which mata is useless at but rather much better link up play with someone with the quality of bastian.

I have never seen Herrera control a game, Mata hasnt come anywhere near his form with us and it doesnt look like he ever will, and Rooney is not a striiker that will score you 20 goals a season anymore, he simply isnt a big threat anymore and isnt the type of striker that will win you the league.

all those players Mata, Herrera and Rooney like the ball into their feet rather then played over the top to run onto, now they have Schweinsteiger they wll no doubt be very good at keeping possesion but that is about it, unless they sign a world class striker, they will struggle to break teams down with the players they have.

I have never seen Herrera control a game, Mata hasnt come anywhere near his form with us and it doesnt look like he ever will, and Rooney is not a striiker that will score you 20 goals a season anymore, he simply isnt a big threat anymore and isnt the type of striker that will win you the league.

all those players Mata, Herrera and Rooney like the ball into their feet rather then played over the top to run onto, now they have Schweinsteiger they wll no doubt be very good at keeping possesion but that is about it, unless they sign a world class striker, they will struggle to break teams down with the players they have.

you have not seen herrera control the game? i guess you dint watch the chelsea v united at bridge last season. or various other games.

rooney scored 14 goals last season playing as a midfielder. so dont tell me that "he is finished" or " not a danger anymore".

did we have a good striker in 13-14? hell no. did we have players who loved ball on their feet (hazard, oscar, willian), hell yes. did we have problems breaking down defences? hell yes. how close were we to win the league? very. infact a home defeat (which had never happened under jose) "close".

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You