(Poll) What would you do with Kakuta?

129 members have voted

1. 1. Kakuta next season?

• Keep him around - he's earned a crack
    • Loan him out - needs more experience
    • Sell him - he's never going to make it here

It's difficult to assess exactly what he will become. Some players have left and done nothing since, some have done pretty well (Sinclair, Stoch, Borini) but still IMO would struggle to get games within our squad.

Kakuta certainly had talent and was our stand out player coming through the ranks at his age, but his development has stuttered. Now it's easy to blame the club for not giving him opportunities but we are talking about one of the biggest clubs in the world with some of the biggest expectations from both board and fans alike.

However he is still only 20. People seem to think that if you haven't broken into the first team in your teens you never will, but times are so different to what they were 10-20 years ago. The best case in point is Ryan Bertrand - only now starting to get a good run of games and really feeling part of the first team setup. He is 23 in August.

These lads have to be given time. If he's not prepared to go back out on loan and mature/gain experience then we may have no choice but to sell him. However both the player and club must remain patient, and hopefully something good will come of it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've only kept him because it caused so much hassle when he came - he wasn't worth that. I know it was eventualy sorted out for sweetie money but it seemed a whore of a palaver for a teenager. It seems embarassing that he really isn't that good. Punt him to the pikeys on loan - they'll build a team round him and he won't be able to play against us, they'll fall apart and we'll take 15+ off them over the season

I think we've only kept him because it caused so much hassle when he came - he wasn't worth that. I know it was eventualy sorted out for sweetie money but it seemed a whore of a palaver for a teenager. It seems embarassing that he really isn't that good. Punt him to the pikeys on loan - they'll build a team round him and he won't be able to play against us, they'll fall apart and we'll take 15+ off them over the season

Are you referring to West Ham?

I hardly think Sam Allardyce will build a team around a player like Kakuta.

Keep him, give him a few games here and there, and if he impresses the manager ( when we get one) he will get more game time. What's the point in sending him out on loan? If he doesn't get playing time it will be another year wasted.

Kakuta can become a brilliant player, he always shows glimpses of it. He just has not been successful in his loan clubs at the premier league. But he has a good variety of skills, dribbling and passing and as he gets older may prove useful for Chelsea. Farm him out on loan to the Prem or abroad again and keep faith in him

KakuWho???

He needs a Sturridge at Bolton sort of Loan, where he plays and is involved in attack at all times...... Send him for 6 months to the worst team in the league, make sure he starts and is the star of that team.

Otherwise let him go. Whats the point of keeping and hoping, when you can sell and put your money on your next bet.

KakuWho???

He needs a Sturridge at Bolton sort of Loan, where he plays and is involved in attack at all times...... Send him for 6 months to the worst team in the league, make sure he starts and is the star of that team.

Otherwise let him go. Whats the point of keeping and hoping, when you can sell and put your money on your next bet.

He did have one last season...and... the less said, the better.

He won't want to go on loan. Besides, I think there is an opening for him in the squad for the coming season. Benayoun and Kalou will both be leaving. KdB and Lukaku will be going out on loan, and with Sturridge taking the 2nd striker spot in Lukaku's absence, we'll have Marin/Kakuta as a youthful backup to either the winger or the no.10. Unfortunately, Malouda seems to be adamant he'll be staying, which could potentially block his route to the bench.

He won't be playing week in, week out, but he should realistically get a couple of opportunities to show what he can do.

Hazard/Mata/Marin/Kakuta

Hulk*/Sturridge/Ramires/Kakuta --- Torres/Hulk*/Sturridge --- Mata/Hazard/Marin/Malouda

Is not too shabby.

* I added in Hulk because it seems inevitable he'll be joining.

We are playing for 5 cups (CS and UEFA Super Cup out) next season. With Malouda probably leaving I can see him comming on from bench next season.

I think he is ready for 1st team action. We can't lose another talent who will excel on other team. Look what happened with Borini, he is for the squad in EURO 2012 for Italy and he played for reserves. Also, there are injuries all season and we don't know who will come back injured from EURO (I hope nobody does).

Give him chance and confidence and I'm sure he won't dissapoint.

From the interview: It’s unclear who will lead the Blues next season. So, do you think Roman Abramovich has looked at your games?

Him directly, I don’t know. But I was watched in every match.

I hope they watched him...he is here since age 16...so almost 5 years, and he deserve 20 games a season..best of his generation, and we gave him 5 starts...we have to keep him...get rid of malouda, benayoun, kalou...and there's spot for him ;)