1. 1. Kakuta next season?

• Keep him around - he's earned a crack
    • Loan him out - needs more experience
    • Sell him - he's never going to make it here

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he not 21/22 now? If he was really as good as he was meant to be he'd have got a look in, wouldn't matter who the manager was or what other players we had. Sell him and insert a buy-back clause for like 4 or 5 million, then we can do a Barca and steal players when they start performing good :Goober:

Given his age this is a make or break season for him. By next year he would have to be included in our 25 man squad.

He has made a hash of his loan opportunities, won't be getting first team chances with us and has something of an attitude problem. Ive seen nothing to suggest a star in the making.

Only option is to sell him, may make a couple of million, and insert a sell on clause fee. Job done.

• 1 month later...

Let's see how Kakuta does in the pre-season.

To be fair he is the one player I would actually be watching the most.

This might be Kakuta last year, so it will be very important to see if he can step up to the plate or leave through the back door.

We are playing for 5 cups (CS and UEFA Super Cup out) next season. With Malouda probably leaving I can see him comming on from bench next season.

I think he is ready for 1st team action. We can't lose another talent who will excel on other team. Look what happened with Borini, he is for the squad in EURO 2012 for Italy and he played for reserves. Also, there are injuries all season and we don't know who will come back injured from EURO (I hope nobody does).

Give him chance and confidence and I'm sure he won't dissapoint.

He is clearly not ready. He got off to a good start with Dijon, scoring 5 goals and getting 2 assists in his first 9 matches, but then he had no goals or assists in his last 7 matches and was benched for the last 3 matches by a team that was fighting for its relegation life. So, I don't see how a player who was not good enough to play for a relegated Ligue 1 team deserves to be playing at Chelsea. In fact, it clearly shows the opposite. He's still only played 43 professional games. He needs to go back out on loan. I have absolutely no idea who is voting for the "keep him around, he's earned a crack" because it's pretty obvious that he hasn't.

the obvious answer is see him in pre-season if he really really impresses then keep him and give him a chance next season, if not then sell him. I dont think he wants to be loaned out he either wants to stay or be sold.