(Poll) What would you do with Kakuta?

129 members have voted

1. 1. Kakuta next season?

• Keep him around - he's earned a crack
    • Loan him out - needs more experience
    • Sell him - he's never going to make it here

the obvious answer is see him in pre-season if he really really impresses then keep him and give him a chance next season, if not then sell him. I dont think he wants to be loaned out he either wants to stay or be sold.

McEachran really impressed last season and keeping him around was a mistake because he couldn't get into enough games. There simply isn't enough room for Kakuta and he isn't ready anyway. He was benched for not being good enough for a team that is now in the second division in France. Seriously, think about it...a team now in the Second division in France thought "we have a better chance of winning without Kakuta playing on our team". Does that say "oh yeah, he'll be great for Chelsea" to you? That Kakuta doesn't want to go on loan only shows his immaturity. He doesn't want to put in the effort it takes to become a top player. He doesn't want to have to prove himself. You compare that to someone like De Bruyne (or Kalas or pretty much 99% of young players) who wants to go on loan so that he can play a lot of games and grow as a footballer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McEachran really impressed last season and keeping him around was a mistake because he couldn't get into enough games. There simply isn't enough room for Kakuta and he isn't ready anyway. He was benched for not being good enough for a team that is now in the second division in France. Seriously, think about it...a team now in the Second division in France thought "we have a better chance of winning without Kakuta playing on our team". Does that say "oh yeah, he'll be great for Chelsea" to you? That Kakuta doesn't want to go on loan only shows his immaturity. He doesn't want to put in the effort it takes to become a top player. He doesn't want to have to prove himself. You compare that to someone like De Bruyne (or Kalas or pretty much 99% of young players) who wants to go on loan so that he can play a lot of games and grow as a footballer.

ok i never said Kakuta would be good enough to play for Chelsea! if he does really really well in pre-season like being better than the likes of Marin in pre-season then he deserves his chance to prove himself, if not then sell him. Im not saying he will do well enough to be kept for next season, personally i think he will do ok in pre-season but not enough to convince RDM to keep him around, so he will most likely get sold.

Carlo Ancelotti could have done more to facilitate Kakuta. He had impressive cameos in games, but found himself mysteriously benched afterwards, it happened both here and at Bolton.

Too much hype on the kid.

I remember you stating he had the effect of a Messi coming from the bench or something like that! :lol:

ok i never said Kakuta would be good enough to play for Chelsea! if he does really really well in pre-season like being better than the likes of Marin in pre-season then he deserves his chance to prove himself, if not then sell him. Im not saying he will do well enough to be kept for next season, personally i think he will do ok in pre-season but not enough to convince RDM to keep him around, so he will most likely get sold.

I don't think pre-season means much and it's difficult to judge players based on a handful of meaningless games. Hell, it's difficult enough to judge a player on a handful of meaningful games. Marin has played over 100 games in the Bundesliga with some success. He's been capped 18 times for Germany at a very competitive position. Kakuta has played 17 poor matches in the Premier League and 12 mixed ones in France. That means a lot more to me than whether someone looks good in July against Seattle or not. I'd prefer to see him go on loan because he does have incredible potential if he could get over himself.

I completely agree with TorontoChelsea... who at the end of the day is just pointing to facts. How on earth Kakuta can deserve a chance, even in pre-season ?

You can have a difficult loan, I think the Fulham one was complicated due to the amount of player in his position (Gera, Dempsey, Dembele, A.Johnson) and the fact I think Hughes only accepted the loan not to be in bad terms with Chelsea.

But you cannot have a bad behaviour on loan when you pretend deserving a chance at Chelsea. Kakuta's commitment wasn't sufficient at Bolton and Dijon

I completely agree with TC, it's exactly what I think: why a team who struggles with relegation, who didn't expect to be promoted, who is back to the wall and has to try everything to aviod the drop, would let Kakuta at home (not even in the group !) for the last games of the season ?

With France U20 he was awful in Colombia whereas he was expected to be the playmaker.

And in fact he had a good game at Villa with Bolton in League Cup, he scored a goal ; he had 6 decent games with Dijon. But it's when things got bad that he decided that he did show enough not to prove himself anymore, after the win at Marseille he must have though he's earned a role at Chelsea.

Not just for him, I must admit I don't care about him, I'll just laugh to his future career choices (the only clubs who would want him). But it's for the other loaned youth that I'm concerned: I wouldn't understand why Kakuta would be at the same level in the hierarchy than Ryan Bertrand and his 100 decent games on loan. It's just unfair

I completely agree with TorontoChelsea... who at the end of the day is just pointing to facts. How on earth Kakuta can deserve a chance, even in pre-season ?

You can have a difficult loan, I think the Fulham one was complicated due to the amount of player in his position (Gera, Dempsey, Dembele, A.Johnson) and the fact I think Hughes only accepted the loan not to be in bad terms with Chelsea.

But you cannot have a bad behaviour on loan when you pretend deserving a chance at Chelsea. Kakuta's commitment wasn't sufficient at Bolton and Dijon

I completely agree with TC, it's exactly what I think: why a team who struggles with relegation, who didn't expect to be promoted, who is back to the wall and has to try everything to aviod the drop, would let Kakuta at home (not even in the group !) for the last games of the season ?

With France U20 he was awful in Colombia whereas he was expected to be the playmaker.

And in fact he had a good game at Villa with Bolton in League Cup, he scored a goal ; he had 6 decent games with Dijon. But it's when things got bad that he decided that he did show enough not to prove himself anymore, after the win at Marseille he must have though he's earned a role at Chelsea.

Not just for him, I must admit I don't care about him, I'll just laugh to his future career choices (the only clubs who would want him). But it's for the other loaned youth that I'm concerned: I wouldn't understand why Kakuta would be at the same level in the hierarchy than Ryan Bertrand and his 100 decent games on loan. It's just unfair

Seriously I don't actually care what happens with Kakuta! So I don't know why your going on some rant and getting all emotional to me!

If he really impresses in pre-season and is happy to be used sparingly like in the carling cup then keep him for now if not then sell him! Simple! End of!

I also agree with Toronto and Seb. There have already been rumours of a poor attitude and application and until he sorts that out he will never reach his potential. He should have been playing every game for Dijon, and that he didn't is indeed a worry. He needs another loan spell that will get him games to develop. I personally would look at him going on loan to a team in the Championship. There is no doubt Kakuta has ability and that would show in such a league - but he would also have to grow up quickly.

I would actually compare his situation a little to Taarabt. I actually think that Kakuta will find his best place will be being a big fish in a small pond, and I have a feeling that he will not make it at Chelsea, particularly with the recruitment of a number of young attacking players recently. However, a good loan spell or two would provide him with the opportunities to at least prove his worth to the club before being cut loose.

Seriously I don't actually care what happens with Kakuta! So I don't know why your going on some rant and getting all emotional to me!

If he really impresses in pre-season and is happy to be used sparingly like in the carling cup then keep him for now if not then sell him! Simple! End of!

It's not against you at all, sorry if you though so. I just take what you said to react in a general way on the opinion according to which Kakuta would deserve a chance in pre-season

For me it's unconceivable.

I also agree with Toronto and Seb. There have already been rumours of a poor attitude and application and until he sorts that out he will never reach his potential. He should have been playing every game for Dijon, and that he didn't is indeed a worry. He needs another loan spell that will get him games to develop. I personally would look at him going on loan to a team in the Championship. There is no doubt Kakuta has ability and that would show in such a league - but he would also have to grow up quickly.

I would actually compare his situation a little to Taarabt. I actually think that Kakuta will find his best place will be being a big fish in a small pond, and I have a feeling that he will not make it at Chelsea, particularly with the recruitment of a number of young attacking players recently. However, a good loan spell or two would provide him with the opportunities to at least prove his worth to the club before being cut loose.

I don't remember if I posted the link of an interview he made at the end of the season, he said that he would stay at Chelsea or leave permanently, he don't want to be loaned again

http://www.football.fr/cmc/football/201222/dijon-gael-kakuta-ne-jouera-pas-en-ligue-1_459060.html?featureshome-page

Whilst I don't question the point made regarding the importance of attitude, I do think that it is important to remember that players like Anelka were often accused of similar attitude problems.

And if you asked AVB, he'd likely suggest that Frank had attitude problems!

That's not an excuse for the kid if he really does. But I would suggest that hastiness regarding such an accusation might be an error.

What he does on the pitch for Chelsea is, surely, the only effective measuring stick for young Gael.

Kakuta won't get a look in this season... We have a stacked midfield which we are adding to. He is very promising though as is the way, we don't need him right now and i would rather him get experience and start to make a name for himself rather than just sit in the stadium watching the bench which is watching the game...