Eden Hazard

the wes

This page is filled with really solid posts.

Jose just need to compliment him on the wings with a proper LB, provide him more freedom and ask him to shoot more and he'll be golden.

Jose already have him the No.10 shirt. That's a start.

What most Chelsea fans are scared to admit is that was the story of his season, four or five magnificent, world-class performances aside. The most sobering thought is that in that five minute window he offers more than the rest of our attack does in 90 minutes. That's what cost us last season. He's still very raw and miles away from being the player most of us think he is, but he is nonetheless a special player with all the ability in the world. It's just his mentality that concerns me. Does he know how good he can be? I hope he gets a little more licence to play next season, now that we have a more responsible component in the midfield in Cesc (as opposed to Ramires' headless forays into No Man's Land that left us exposed time and time again last season) and with the (possible) signing of Luis, a defender who'll have the ability to cover further up the pitch than Cole or Azpilicueta.

And there were also some people that wanted him to win the POTY award just so he gets appreciated and won't leave us. :lol:

Yet another assist that has won a game for Belgium. He has played in two very tactical matches against a good Algerian team and a Russia side managed by Capello. He recieved a lot of attention in both games and barely got any space for 75-80 minutes but still MADE THE DIFFERENCE which is the mark of a truly brilliant player. But if you listen to most people they'll tell you he's been a failure who needs to 'shoot more init', gotta love it :lol:

Nearly broke my remote when he dribbled past 3 players and then decided to pass in a shooting position. Thankfully, he still won them the game in the end.

It's like he's afraid to shoot. His lack of confidence worries me.

Are you guys talking about the chance right at the end of the game when he passed the ball to AN OPEN teammate in a better position? Hazard had two players directly in front of him and any shot would almost certainly have been blocked. He had an open man available who had a significantly better chance of scoring and he made the right decision.

I will never understand this clamour for Hazard to start taking low-percentage shots. How on earth is that going to make him a better player? Please explain in simple language because I'm clearly missing something.

I don't think he has a lack of confidence at all! I just think he's concerned about being labelled "greedy" or "selfish", and instead tries to serve provider when he really should be grabbing all the headlines himself.

I don't think he has a lack of confidence at all! I just think he's concerned about being labelled "greedy" or "selfish", and instead tries to serve provider when he really should be grabbing all the headlines himself.

It's possible, too. I honestly think Hazard needs to be more confident and selfish. Sometimes being a bit greedy isn't bad when you have the talent.

So it's not really about Hazard doing the right thing, it's about him becoming a superstar and getting press coverage? Interesting.

So it's not really about Hazard doing the right thing, it's about him becoming a superstar and getting press coverage? Interesting.

I didn't say that. I'm saying this:

It's possible, too. I honestly think Hazard needs to be more confident and selfish. Sometimes being a bit greedy isn't bad when you have the talent.

There's an issue with his decision-making, IMO. He's always looking to be the creator, the provider - when in reality he should be scoring more goals.

I didn't say that. I'm saying this:

There's an issue with his decision-making, IMO. He's always looking to be the creator, the provider - when in reality he should be scoring more goals.

OK. Now let me ask you this: do you consider Hazard to be an intelligent player?

OK. Now let me ask you this: do you consider Hazard to be an intelligent player?

Absolutely. You can't be a creative player if you're not intelligent and a visionary on the pitch. But intelligence and decision-making are two very different things. He's almost an "Arsenal-ised" attacking midfielder - he tries to play one too many passes when really he could be taking a shot on himself. You don't become one of the world's best forwards by setting up goals. Ask Lionel or Cristiano.

Absolutely. You can't be a creative player if you're not intelligent and a visionary on the pitch. But intelligence and decision-making are two very different things. He's almost an "Arsenal-ised" attacking midfielder - he tries to play one too many passes when really he could be taking a shot on himself. You don't become one of the world's best forwards by setting up goals. Ask Lionel or Cristiano.

bkuKrrE.jpg

Hazard's intelligence is what allows him to make the right decision. Of course there are instances when he'd have been better off taking a shot himself - still nowhere near as much as most would have you believe - but he gets it right most of the time. I would much rather Hazard play his natural game and live with the results instead of asking him to start taking shots against his own better judgement because other players are doing it.

Hazard has barely got an open look on goal in the World Cup so far, so why should he start smashing shots that have very little chance of resulting in a goal? Because Ronaldo does? :blink:

You simply can't be passing up responsibility with that amount of talent. He's the face of the team so more is rightly expected of him.

By the way, I'm talking about the action just right after Mirallas hit the post with his scuffed Free-kick. He dribbled past 3 defenders like they didn't exist and instead of taking a shot he tried to force some weak pass to Origi which was quickly intercepted. In that position with defenders tiring and panicking I expected he was going to blast that into the net.

The action following that move where he roulette turned inside the box, skipped past his marker and fired a shot which was heading into the net if not for a crucial block is more of what I want to see from him. There was only one thing on his mind in that moment, I nearly shed a tear there.

The pass to Mirallas after the goal and assist to Origi were obviously the correct decisions. No one would criticize him for that.

You simply can't be passing up responsibility with that amount of talent. He's the face of the team so more is rightly expected of him.

You call it 'passing up responsibility', I call it 'Hazard making what he considers to be the right choice in the heat of the moment'. They're very different things.

By the way, I'm talking about the action just right after Mirallas hit the post with his scuffed Free-kick. He dribbled past 3 defenders like they didn't exist and instead of taking a shot he tried to force some weak pass to Origi which was quickly intercepted. In that position with defenders tiring and panicking I expected he was going to blast that into the net.

OK, I didn't see that chance but I'll take your word for it.

The action following that move where he roulette turned inside the box, skipped past his marker and fired a shot which was heading into the net if not for a crucial block is more of what I want to see from him. There was only one thing on his mind in that moment, I nearly shed a tear there.

The pass to Mirallas after the goal and assist to Origi were obviously the correct decisions. No one would criticize him for that.

So we're all in agreement that he makes the right decision most of the time? The guy isn't a robot, he's going to fuck up every now and again...like every other player in the world.