Eden Hazard

the wes

Shows glimpses of brilliance, needs to find of a level of consistency. Needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck... if he can turn the 4-5 games of brilliance into 10-12 he will be mentioned in the same breath as the Messi's and Ronaldo's.

Hazard is receiving criticism because of the unrealistic expectations. He is a very good player, but we all were expecting he to lead a very exciting and attacking team in this WC.

To be honest, I can't remember an outstanding performance from Hazard in UCL in past two seasons. He is not yet that kind of player who can decide a big game on his own. Belgium has a good team, but not as good as the hype suggests. Hazard won't make a miracle with this team, not because the team is so poor that even Hazard won't save it, but because Hazard is not good enough to turn a team like Belgium into WC contenders.

Alex was perfect here:

"What most Chelsea fans are scared to admit is that was the story of his season, four or five magnificent, world-class performances aside. The most sobering thought is that in that five minute window he offers more than the rest of our attack does in 90 minutes. That's what cost us last season. He's still very raw and miles away from being the player most of us think he is, but he is nonetheless a special player with all the ability in the world. It's just his mentality that concerns me."

I'm glad he said that, and not me, otherwise people would say I was trying to be controversial. I don't think we should be surprised about his timid performances in those games, because as Alex said, that was the story of his season. He is not a player ready to be the protagonist of the team, to run a team to a winning campaign in a big tournament. Some players take years to achieve that level.

Totally agreed Henrique. And before anyone jumps on what we're saying, neither of us are denying the fact that he is a very special player indeed. He just isn't (obviously) Ronaldo, Bale or Messi level just yet. We need to be patient with Eden, because he is continuing to grow as a person and as a player, and if nurtured correctly, he could become one of the greats of his generation. But right now, Hazard is only really turning it on once every three or four games; in most games he is not the special or world-class player some people on here make him out to be. But he is still very young and will continue to grow - we just have to be realistic and not expect him to suddenly develop into a 30-goals-a-season player. He had a good season in 2013/14, but he is miles behind the levels Bale reached in the last two seasons.

Totally agreed Henrique. And before anyone jumps on what we're saying, neither of us are denying the fact that he is a very special player indeed. He just isn't (obviously) Ronaldo, Bale or Messi level just yet. We need to be patient with Eden, because he is continuing to grow as a person and as a player, and if nurtured correctly, he could become one of the greats of his generation. But right now, Hazard is only really turning it on once every three or four games; in most games he is not the special or world-class player some people on here make him out to be. But he is still very young and will continue to grow - we just have to be realistic and not expect him to suddenly develop into a 30-goals-a-season player. He had a good season in 2013/14, but he is miles behind the levels Bale reached in the last two seasons.

Agree!

Im worried that Hazard doesnt have the winner mentality that all the others you mention clearly have.

He has to step up and say " i wanne be the best and will work my ass of each day to achieve it"

The day he does that the sky is the limit for him.

He takes things to easy and thats one of the reasons why players like kompany and kdb are more popular in Belgium

Agree!

Im worried that Hazard doesnt have the winner mentality that all the others you mention clearly have.

He has to step up and say " i wanne be the best and will work my ass of each day to achieve it"

The day he does that the sky is the limit for him.

He takes things to easy and thats one of the reasons why players like kompany and kdb are more popular in Belgium

If Morinho has NO other skills (which is bollox), the one thing he excels at is player confidence - I think Hazard is in the best place possible right now and I think we will see a massive improvement next season, with Fabregas and Costa - Hazard can move the ball around (which he seems to like)...

If Morinho has NO other skills (which is bollox), the one thing he excels at is player confidence - I think Hazard is in the best place possible right now and I think we will see a massive improvement next season, with Fabregas and Costa - Hazard can move the ball around (which he seems to like)...

Its his work mentality that bothers me at times not his confidence.

After the russia game he said " i can hide for 80 min and the decide the game with 1 action"

All good but what about not hiding and help the team win with 2 or 3-0?

The Belgian comments on Hazard are just ridiculous, he never gets any support when he has the ball. Vertonghen almost never supports Hazard, it's so frustrating to watch. Sure he can do better but he can't keep fighting a whole match against 2-3 defenders on his own.

After the russia game he said " i can hide for 80 min and the decide the game with 1 action"

It's hard to impose your will when Wilmots forbids the left back to go up the pitch and you have to take on 2, 3 men by yourself.

Agree with him not comparing to Ronaldo and Messi but Bale? No way. I would've agreed if you said Suarez or Robben. Bale is a better goal-scorer, definitely. It's also a huge part of his game, he's always looking to score goals. Hazard has a completely different style. He's a lot better in the build-up that leads to goals. Looking to create rather than look to score himself.

But Bale also has the tendency to disappear. It would be unfair to compair their stats because of the huge difference in quality and effenciency in the final third between Chelsea and Real Madrid.

I know those who create tend to get (a lot) less credit than those who score but someone who sees him on a weekly basis should recognize his quality. Goal-scorers have it easier. You don't play well, Bale in the CL final for example, but he scored. All is well. Hazard doesn't play well for Belgium but he does create the winning goals. All is not well..

Let's not go too far with the expectations for Hazard. He's definitely already up there with the very best. Bale, Neymar, Hazard and Reus are all on a similar level. Reus has a slight edge imo as he's just brilliant in all parts of the game.

(Neymar's absolutely amazing for Brazil though)

Agree with him not comparing to Ronaldo and Messi but Bale? No way. I would've agreed if you said Suarez or Robben. Bale is a better goal-scorer, definitely. It's also a huge part of his game, he's always looking to score goals. Hazard has a completely different style. He's a lot better in the build-up that leads to goals. Looking to create rather than look to score himself.

But Bale also has the tendency to disappear. It wouldbe unfair to compair their stats because of the huge difference in quality and effenciency in the final third between Chelsea and Real Madrid.

I know those who create tend to get (a lot) less credit than those who score but someone who sees him on a weekly basis should recognize his quality. Goal-scorers have it easier. You don't play well, Bale in the CL final for example, but he scored. All is well. Hazard doesn't play well for Belgium but he does create the winning goals. All is not well..

Let's not go to far with Hazard. The expectations are very high but he's definitely already up there with the very best. Bale, Neymar, Hazard and Reus are all on a similar level. Reus has a slight edge imo as he's just brilliant in all parts of the game.

(Neymar's absolutely amazing for Brazil though)

This. There are levels.

Ronaldo & Messi

Robben and Suarez

Everyone else.

Put them where you want, but no other players besides the 4 mentioned show up most games. Bale disappears. Hazard too. Neymar only showed up for Brazil this year. I can go on and on. Hazard can't be compared to Ronaldo and Messi cause those guys makethe pro football lookat like a video game.

RIght now Bale is also better than Hazard, he scored 21 goals without 1 penalty 2 years ago with the same age Hazard has, And he is playing for Madrid scoring decisive goals in Copa and in CHampions.

Ribery is also in another level.

FOr me Neymar is by far the best young player in the world. He needs to do a lot more in Barcelona but his talent is really clear, and he is a little younger than Hazard.

Hazard needs to do more if he wants to be one of the best players in the world.

RIght now Bale is also better than Hazard, he scored 21 goals without 1 penalty 2 years ago with the same age Hazard has, And he is playing for Madrid scoring decisive goals in Copa and in CHampions.

FOr me Neymar is by far the best young player in the world. He needs to do a lot more in Barcelona but his talent is really clear, and he is a little younger than Hazard.

Bale is better than Neymar. But the guys I mentioned are the only guys who show up consistently for 30+ games out of 40.

Neymar isn't better than Hazard. For me, Hazard is better. But everyone can have their opinion.

This. There are levels.

Ronaldo & Messi

Robben and Suarez

Everyone else.

Put them where you want, but no other players besides the 4 mentioned show up most games. Bale disappears. Hazard too. Neymar only showed up for Brazil this year. I can go on and on. Hazard can't be compared to Ronaldo and Messi cause those guys makethe pro football lookat like a video game.

its actually.

Messi

Everyone Else.

Meh disagree with that. Bale is a better goalscorer but a worse creator while Hazard is a worse goalscorer but a better creator. Different playing styles but imo Hazard is a more complete, more versatile player then Bale and therefore i find Hazard the better player.

It's basically comes down to what DYC said,

Play like crap, score a winninggoal, all is well.

Play like crap, create a winning goal, all is not well.

Goalscorers get all the plaudits. Creators get a pat on the back.

Did he say that?

Anyways I accept the kind of player Hazard is.

He isn't the guy that grabs all the attention, or wants to be the alpha and omega of the team. Its just how he is, its hard to change. Iniesta is almost the same, I don't think iniesta played to his full potential because of his shy nature and prefering to pass than to shoot.

Hazard has a shy attitude but with world class talent. What we should do is to maximize what he can offer. To me, he should be played in a position where he touches the ball more than anyone on the team and us his dribbling ability to the maximum. He can dribble in tight spaces, imagine hazard dribbling those parked buses right through the centre with his close control. Each time he touches the ball, he dribbles 2 CB's then passes to the free striker. It would suit him.

Because he doesn't produce driving runs into the box like mertens did for belgium, I feel his talents are not maximized. I could be wrong but if you watch us against fulham last season, the first half was terrible then hazard moved to the centre in the second half and created 2 goals for schurle to score a hattrick. He did this again against newcastle where he used his amazing ball control and speedy turns to dribble past a defender in a tight space, pass to ivanovic and score the return pass.

He could be crucial behind the striker and oscar has shown that he plays better inter-changing positions with the wings(with neymar) it will suit the team perfectly. And with fabregas behind, he will link up with hazard easily. One-twos galore, more understanding and possession will be centred around them. I know many will prefer hazard to stay high up the pitch so that fabregas can send through passes on the counter. But from what we know of hazard, he hardly is the one who makes runs off the ball into the 18box to score. Schurle is the better player in that aspect for them to spot him and costas runs.

Costa

Oscar-hazard-schurrle

Matic-fabrepass

That is a better formation to suit hazards qualities. With him there, he won't go missing for 80mins and perform for 10mins. He'll perform more because he'll have double the touches of the ball.