Eden Hazard

the wes

So with Bale getting hounded out of Real Madrid by his own fans, how about this scenario: Hazard moves in the middle where I'm sure he'd prefer himself so he can become even more influential in both goals and assists, Bale is bought for the LW, and we have Willian and Cuadrado rotating on the right. Oscar sold or kept as a squad player.

We'll certainly have the money and Real Madrid will probably be looking for a reason to sell him. He's a Mourinho style player and is that genuine superstar splash that we can afford to make. Loads of pace out wide, scores and creates goals, fantastic on the counter, opens up space for everyone around him, and imagine the outlet he provides for players like Cesc and Hazard.

Thoughts?

So with Bale getting hounded out of Real Madrid by his own fans, how about this scenario: Hazard moves in the middle where I'm sure he'd prefer himself so he can become even more influential in both goals and assists, Bale is bought for the LW, and we have Willian and Cuadrado rotating on the right. Oscar sold or kept as a squad player.

We'll certainly have the money and Real Madrid will probably be looking for a reason to sell him. He's a Mourinho style player and is that genuine superstar splash that we can afford to make. Loads of pace out wide, scores and creates goals, fantastic on the counter, opens up space for everyone around him, and imagine the outlet he provides for players like Cesc and Hazard.

Thoughts?

I don't know if Bale is the kind of footballer who makes us a better team. He's not exactly technically gifted and doesn't really work hard all over the pitch... If you ask me the best position for Hazard is on the wing because it gives him more freedom and its less congested.

Pogba is the guy for me.

I don't know if Bale is the kind of footballer who makes us a better team. He's not exactly technically gifted and doesn't really work hard all over the pitch... If you ask me the best position for Hazard is on the wing because it gives him more freedom and its less congested.

Pogba is the guy for me.

If we're going to continue playing this same formation than Bale would be brillaint.

If we switch to a 4-3-3 (like I'd love for us to do) than you're right, Pogba would be great.

If we're going to continue playing this same formation than Bale would be brillaint.

If we switch to a 4-3-3 (like I'd love for us to do) than you're right, Pogba would be great.

Bale doesn't use the football well for me, in a lot of ways he'd be like schurrle... A very expensive Schurrle!

I also wonder of Bale is the right type of footballer. Hazard needs someone on the right wing who can bring some different qualities but also have a similar imagination with 1-2 plays and flicks. While Bale would bring a different dimension his game seems more suited in a more direct style whereas the ideal RW can create off the dribble in tight spaces.

I think Pogba and Oscar play similar roles already in the system that we currently use. Oscar spends a lot of his time deeper already

He's improved his consistency, which was a big issue in the past (usually dissapears midway through the season after a great start to finish the season well). It seems he's ironed that issue out of his game and he's also more aggressive and direct.

Despite the relative freedom he has, I still feel jose's tactical set up and mentality in certain games does hold him back alot . It's hard for an attacking player to be fully effective when the team spends majority of the game defending deep and without willing runners and overlapping fullbacks (luis enhances hazard's game but he rarely plays).

Still he's been our most consistent performer this season alongside thibo and kudos to him.

Thats why some of us get so frustrated with players that show no signs of improvement and progress and have been at the club for a while.

Belgium have two must win (or at least, must pick up points) Euro qualifier games, so it seems Hazard won't be rested by Wilmots, which is bad news .

Hazard will always play for Belgium in games that are important, so no, no rest for him. Hopefully he will recover enough from those two games though. If not, a club like Chelsea should be able to cope with that I think/hope.

He's improved his consistency, which was a big issue in the past (usually dissapears midway through the season after a great start to finish the season well). It seems he's ironed that issue out of his game and he's also more aggressive and direct.

Despite the relative freedom he has, I still feel jose's tactical set up and mentality in certain games does hold him back alot . It's hard for an attacking player to be fully effective when the team spends majority of the game defending deep and without willing runners and overlapping fullbacks (luis enhances hazard's game but he rarely plays).

Still he's been our most consistent performer this season alongside thibo and kudos to him.

Thats why some of us get so frustrated with players that show no signs of improvement and progress and have been at the club for a while.

Fair point's there.

Also out of interest has Tibo completely won you over because I know you had doubts at the start? (not a dig im just genuinely curious).

Thoughts

Yes, if we can get Bale, I wouldn't hesitate. Even if I'm not his biggest fan..

A central defender

An undisputed top central midfielder to complete the Cesc - Matic - triangle. Personally I'm not that impressed with Pogba. De Bruyne on current form would've been perfect..