Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but who?

Ideally Reus. or di Maria or Lamela. Griezmann and Mollo have played some games in the right but I have no problems with Schurrle if the board have tried to get some of the wingers. I just hope that they have taken an informed decision and not jumped on the first player they thought of. If di Maria was available and goes to some other club in the window, I would be pissed

There is also the very obvious positional problem with Schurrle. He's a Left winger and so is Hazard, who is a definite starter in the team. Schurrle hasn't played enough on the right and he will be basically learning the Right Wing position. Would have been better off signing a proper Right Winger in the first place

Resign Kalou :Goober:

Yeah lets just stick with our incredible unbalanced team.... jesus christ do some people on here even think?

We conceded loads of goals last season because of lack of work rate, midfield was left exposed which left the defence exposed, the team wasn't working all at once. We already have too many Mata's and Hazards as it is.

Someone like Schurrle will chase the ball and try and win every header, he has the right mentallity, all you people think about is 'Oh well Hazard is a better dribbler, uhm he isn't a better passer than Oscar'. FOR FUCK SAKE WE NEED DIFFERENT PLAYERS! our team is far too unbalanced, getting different players so they can do shifts down certain wings is a wise thing to do, because when we play the Mazacar we concede a lot of goals.

291689_1.jpg

Duh

Why do Chelsea fans have the impression that KDB is a right winger? Sure he's played there a few times and his crossing ability is good but this is just absurd. His best position is Central where his passing becomes an asset

Ideally Reus. or di Maria or Lamela. Griezmann and Mollo have played some games in the right but I have no problems with Schurrle if the board have tried to get some of the wingers. I just hope that they have taken an informed decision and not jumped on the first player they thought of. If di Maria was available and goes to some other club in the window, I would be pissed

This is my point. I agree with all of those names, but theres no guarentee that they would sell them, or want to come here. The majority would also be more expensive and compared to other positions there arn't actually that many quality ones available.

I don't think there is a person on this forum who wouldn't have reus or di maria, but its never as easy as that. :)

Why dont we include Marin instead of De Bruyne since he is more versatile and more pressing to our needs than Marin?? The things the board does sometimes. SMH

Why would leverkusen want him? I understand why they want kdb from us the most!

Why dont we include Marin instead of De Bruyne since he is more versatile and more pressing to our needs than Marin?? The things the board does sometimes. SMH

Pretty sure Leverkusen will call the deal off if Marin was offered instead of de Bruyne

Yeah lets just stick with our incredible unbalanced team.... jesus christ do some people on here even think?

We conceded loads of goals last season because of lack of work rate, midfield was left exposed which left the defence exposed, the team wasn't working all at once. We already have too many Mata's and Hazards as it is.

Someone like Schurrle will chase the ball and try and win every header, he has the right mentallity, all you people think about is 'Oh well Hazard is a better dribbler, uhm he isn't a better passer than Oscar'. FOR FUCK SAKE WE NEED DIFFERENT PLAYERS! our team is far too unbalanced, getting different players so they can do shifts down certain wings is a wise thing to do, because when we play the Mazacar we concede a lot of goals.

Robben and Ribery weren't renowned for their work rate either until this season.

Mata is hopeless, Hazard has shown a willingness to track back as the season has gone on and Oscar is brilliant defensively.

Those three aren't the problem for our crappy defense either by the way. It's been going on for a good 3 seasons now long before they arrived. Mou's return should hopefully rectify that problem.

This is my point. I agree with all of those names, but theres no guarentee that they would sell them, or want to come here. The majority would also be more expensive and compared to other positions there arn't actually that many quality ones available.

I don't think there is a person on this forum who wouldn't have reus or di maria, but its never as easy as that. :)

Yeah. Never as easy and I'm glad this deal is concluded nice and early in the window. Can get a good pre-season under his belt and start getting gametime right away

Ideally Reus. or di Maria or Lamela. Griezmann and Mollo have played some games in the right but I have no problems with Schurrle if the board have tried some other wingers. I just hope that the board have taken an informed decision and not jumped on the first player they thought of. If di Maria was available and goes to some other club in the window, I would be pissed

I thought Reus played on the left no? Lamela is a decent shout but from what I've heard hes similar to Schurrle as in he'll probably shoot more than pass. Still think we should of nabbed him before Roma did from River Plate though, even though perhaps 18 million euros for a player playing in Argentina is a bit steep but look at what hes done in Serie A. Zemens tactics and philosophy though has been a big part of his development, would he flourish in a more counter attacking 4-2-3-1 in comparison to a gun ho attacking 4-3-3 ?

Robben and Ribery weren't renowned for their work rate either until this season.

Mata is hopeless, Hazard has shown a willingness to track back as the season has gone on and Oscar is brilliant defensively.

Those three aren't the problem for our crappy defense either by the way. It's been going on for a good 3 seasons now long before they arrived. Mou's return should hopefully rectify that problem.

You're right in an essence, they are not our problem, but they are part of it. The defence haven't been great but the team hasn't in general, our defensive work rate has been shite all together, we seem to leave huge space for our midfielders and we don't drop back when we need to, we are just attack attack attack.

Oscar isn't as great defensively as some people think, yeah sure he is good at chasing the ball down, but that's only when he does do it. And that's actually pretty rare, he might do it once every game, not good enough. We need that one player chasing the ball all the time against certain teams.

Certain teams need certain players to play against, Norwich aren't to confident at the back, so we stick Schurrle on so he can chase them down and allow more pressure, that's meaning they will hoof the ball up we have more chance of winning it back, and that's a vital step for us to winning the game.

He's not a right winger.

He can play there, but he is a AM, whose next best positon is probably a bit deeper.

You may as well have just said oscar.

"Proper right winger" KDB is not a winger, and is better in a central position.

Why do Chelsea fans have the impression that KDB is a right winger? Sure he's played there a few times and his crossing ability is good but this is just absurd. His best position is Central where his passing becomes an asset

Not sure if serious....

He plays on the right for Belgium, he played on the right for Genk before switching to LW and then CM and his single best performance this year for Werder was also at RW.

Sure his best position is probably central but its arguably Hazards too and as we've seen these past 8/9 months, he's just as effective out wide.

Think it shows they all think they know the player, but in fact most of their opinions are based on stats and youtube-clips with perhaps the odd streamed game.

I'm not saying I'm against Schurrle coming here.

But buying Schurrle + loaning KDB does not make sense. It's utterly ridiculous.

KDB is the better player, it's so obvious if you'd actuallu WATCH their games.

inb4 biased

inb4 they play different positions

How is it ridiculous? The decision to loan out de Bruyne is a sensible one. If Mourinho doesn't fancy him as a player, what is the point him staying merely in a squad player capacity, whilst he can go out on loan and secure his place in the 2014 World Cup? It makes perfect sense to me - you allow de Bruyne to mature and improve by playing week in, week out, without hampering his potential. Furthermore, we still own the player, meaning if he has a brilliant season - and dare I say it, a brilliant World Cup - he would either command a first team place at Chelsea or an inflated price tag, should The Special One make the decision to sell him.

I would love to see Kevin given a go but it is pretty clear that - if this speculation is indeed true, which a lot of people are banking on - that Mourinho has his eye elsewhere. If that's the case, I'll go with his judgement, because he's a bit of a better manager than I am.