Pep's Arrival

Why do we automatically assume he'd come and do a high line? Pep is much more intelligent than Avb and not as naive, he'd be the first to realise that wouldn't work here

Possibly because high-pressure possession football works only with combined pressure from the midfielders and the defenders. It wasn't AVB's high-line that lost us games, it was the failure to implement the whole package.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly because high-pressure possession football works only with combined pressure from the midfielders and the defenders. It wasn't AVB's high-line that lost us games, it was the failure to implement the whole package.

That wasn't the point i was making, i was just saying its highly unlikely he'll come here and implement his barca style which is one that has been developed over the years rather than a short term thing

Pep > RDM

Look there is no guarantee that Pep will succeed IF he should come, but can you be SO sure that RDM will?

Pep is the better manager, Roman knows this well, he wants us to play attacking football, Pep seems more realistic to achieve this ( yes we wont play like Barca but do really think Pep would say, alright lads lets go out there and show them how well we can DEFEND? )

RDM has done fantastically given the situation, and we will be forever great full, surely we will never forget this year, nor him.. but to totally restructure our team,changing playing style, bringing in good players, carrying us into the future ..

Pep at the helm anytime. Even a blind man can see Pep as the better manager.

Seems like alot of people are taking Pep's transfer to chelsea as a very clear possibility but im not too sure there's any type of evidence other than random speculation to point to that.

He has his own brand of football, and i'm sure that someone as bright as him would most likely develop something good enough for chelsea to play with. I think guardiola will take a sabbatical if the reasons for leaving barca are accurate. The man is tired after the stress it takes to be a manager in a team like barcelona. Things are different there, and i personally dont see him coming to chelsea in 12/13.

When and if he returns to managing, i doubt he will go all too quickly back to barca, but if his relationship with the president and staff is as good as it seems there should be no problem.

There's quite a realistic hypothetical possibility of him joining chelsea and i'm sure he'd do a good job.

Guardiola would be Villas-Boas mk2. High defensive line, which would be exploited like it was this season. Don't want him here at all, Would rather have Di Matteo.

Who knows? RDM actually played pretty attacking football at WBA but played exceptionally defensively at Chelsea. Decent managers adapt their tactics to fit the team which is where AVB really failed. (That and his poor communication skills) There was nothing wrong with his tactics, they just weren't going to work with Chelsea. Personally, I think every manager is overrated. You look at the teams that succeed and they are the teams that spend the most money and have the most talent. You don't think that any coach could do well at Barcelona? You think that there's a coach who would ever win anything at Stoke? The most important thing is that whoever comes in can communicate a vision and player responsibilities to everyone as well as handling player's egos. That, and an ability to get the most out of the players rather disparate talent.

RDM set us out how he did as he felt it gave us the best chance to win... We wern't playing highly defensive football in the prem, and with the aditions we have made/are making he will have more options.... I don't dislike pep but he is always given the highly attacking football mantra but if RDM was in charge of barca then he would obviously play highly attacking football... You can only work with what you have in the team... RDM for the job all the way....blue%20scalf.gif

RDM set us out how he did as he felt it gave us the best chance to win... We wern't playing highly defensive football in the prem, and with the aditions we have made/are making he will have more options.... I don't dislike pep but he is always given the highly attacking football mantra but if RDM was in charge of barca then he would obviously play highly attacking football... You can only work with what you have in the team... RDM for the job all the way....blue%20scalf.gif

Totally agree. You can only work with what you have at your disposal..and Robbie has done a fine job of using his resources to the best of his ability.

I do hope RDM stays as Chelsea manager...but I just get the feeling that he will walk away from the club if Roman offers him a 1 year contract.

Its also hard to just say outright that Pep is a better manager than RDM... When your team has messi iniesta and xavi, im sure its not too hard for the manager and he doesn't have that many hard decisions to make.... You go in tell them to train the same as they normally do... Then say give ball to messi.... Messi you put ball in the goal.... I guarentee you RDM had so many more tactical decisions to make than pep....

Also im not saying Pep is a bad manager im just saying comparing managers who are in charge of completely different teams is extremely hard to do....

But RDM > PEP.... :getin:

Tacticaly, he is shit. All he can do is 'attack, attack, attack'. Once they lead, he makes bad changes (xavi out, keita in)...

Dont even say about transfers; Selling Toure, buying Ibra, Chygrinsky, Afellay, Adriano,...

Alexis is decent, Cesc wasnt his wish, but it was wish of barca to get back that kid. The only realy good buy he made was Villa.

He needed cb, but he never bought him...

He would won nothing, if there was no Messi Xavi and Iniesta. Once barca had problems, Pep did nothing because he is not good tactic.

The only good thing about him was that he knew barca style because he played there and he continued that mentality to his players. He was lucky to have such good squad.

That confirms he is perfect barca coach, maybe spanish too, but shit elsewhere where you need to play organised, tactical defense and when you need to make right changes. Here Di Matteo is much better motivator for our players and also knows club better. Besides RDm showed he knows how to play attack against napoli.

I realy hope we wont get Pep;

1. expensive

2. knows shit about english tactics

3. needs time

4. problems with older players (I doubt Cole, Terry and Lamps will run all attack like Puyol, Xavi or Alves at that age)

5. This is no barca with tiki taka, but Chelsea in ENGLISH league. It would take years to give players that mentality of barca.

6. We have RDM who deserves one more year, knows club and is legend.

You make a good point my friend.

Bingo well played sir. ACB was naive, figured he could change the world in six months. He should have implemented changes in style over a sustained period. Oh and not telling half the team they were shite would have helped as well.

Pretty sure Pep is more experienced and more versatile then ppl give him credit for.

Bingo well played sir. ACB was naive, figured he could change the world in six months. He should have implemented changes in style over a sustained period. Oh and not telling half the team they were shite would have helped as well.

Pretty sure Pep is more experienced and more versatile then ppl give him credit for.

Agree! Silly thing about AVB is that he kept on talking about this 3-year project but at the rate he was trying to change the way we play and among others, you would have thought he only had 3 weeks or even just 3 days to do so!

Just reading through some of these posts and i can guarantee i can pick the Chelsea "supporters" that started following us in the last year or so. What a bunch of pathetic pricks we have on this forum! Make Terry and Lampard redundant? WTF??? IS this cunt for real?? There are only so many things i can say to a twat like this.. FUCK OFF and go support Barcelona! If you want us to play like them, then you should have no problem jumping ship. And take the cunts that agree with you too..

Move on from the dark ages..