Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardiola would be Villas-Boas mk2. High defensive line, which would be exploited like it was this season. Don't want him here at all, Would rather have Di Matteo.

Villas-Boas was all talk, he said the right things but did not know how to put them into practise. He was a very good actor. I wouldn't compare Guardiola to somebody like AVB, he deserves more respect than that.

Villas-Boas was all talk, he said the right things but did not know how to put them into practise. He was a very good actor. I wouldn't compare Guardiola to somebody like AVB, he deserves more respect than that.

I agree that Guardiola is superior to AVB, but the tactics he will implement will be near enough the same, high defensive line, constant pressing, short distribution by the goalkeeper, etc... I just think he will be a massive failure he he comes here. It will be interesting if he does join us, would love to see how he would adapt to premier league football. He would need to be much more tactically versitile than he was at Barca.

This is a tricky one because you have to recognize Pep's creation of one of the best teams to have ever graced football but at the same time you don't want him to try and bring a high line, one trick pony tactics to the Premiership ! hmmmm

if RDM doesn't get it don't be at all surprised to see Laurent Blanc getting it.......seems to have turned France around and gotten the players together again.......heard his contract up at end of Euros....think he would be better suited to prem lge than Pep....

Why do we automatically assume he'd come and do a high line? Pep is much more intelligent than Avb and not as naive, he'd be the first to realise that wouldn't work here

Yes but he would stick to his philosophy, you don't change your philosophy to suit a club. You make the club suit your philosophy.