David Luiz

the wes

I'm pretty sure he's playing at CB now, at least for the few Schalke games I've watched this season. In the Bilbao game in particular he was immense. Made some world-class tackles.

I don't know much about the other guy, but now I'm intrigued. What's wrong with the Papadopoulos who plays for Olympaikos? :P

Not much wrong with him as far as ability is concerned but as far as character, on and off pitch behavior, general attitude and apparent(=based on all he's shown rather than a media image) intellectual level is concerned he's no different to the current generation of Greeks playing for(or unfortunately supporting) that team.

I believe the following phrases will give you a better feeling/view than anything I could say.

Think of C.Ronaldo acting tough.

Think a mix of Suarez/Bellamy with RAWKite devotion, delusion and cuntishness..

Think a lifelong brain-dead QPR/Millwallf fan who manages to play for his team in every game like they're playing against Chelsea/West Ham.

Think a Juve fan who's at best proud of Calciopoli and the methods used.

Think Dani Alves whenever Barcelona are not winning.

Think of Roy Kean being smug.

Not much wrong with him as far as ability is concerned but as far as character, on and off pitch behavior, general attitude and apparent(=based on all he's shown rather than a media image) intellectual level is concerned he's no different to the current generation of Greeks playing for(or unfortunately supporting) that team.

I believe the following phrases will give you a better feeling/view than anything I could say.

Think a lifelong brain-dead QPR/Millwallf fan who manages to play for his team in every game like they're playing against Chelsea/West Ham.

:fainthv9: Wow!

Man, I had to share this experience I had today. Here in Cali, the CFC v Benfica match is on @ lunchtime here. So I run over to my local pub (called Streets of London) to enjoy some of the match & get some grub too. Lo & behold a Barca fan sits next to me. You think he is interested in who his team is going to play next??? No, he is totally interested in Side Show Bob. I didn't realize this, but Luiz is the heir apparent to Puyol :o Did I miss this news somewhere??? I don't remember The fun paper or the daily fail mentioning this info. Then homie had the nerve to say next season CFC will lose him, because they won't be in Europe <_< Ok he got in a bit of shit talkin' there, but did anyone else hear of this rumor that Side Show was going to Barca???

Man, I had to share this experience I had today. Here in Cali, the CFC v Benfica match is on @ lunchtime here. So I run over to my local pub (called Streets of London) to enjoy some of the match & get some grub too. Lo & behold a Barca fan sits next to me. You think he is interested in who his team is going to play next??? No, he is totally interested in Side Show Bob. I didn't realize this, but Luiz is the heir apparent to Puyol :o Did I miss this news somewhere??? I don't remember The fun paper or the daily fail mentioning this info. Then homie had the nerve to say next season CFC will lose him, because they won't be in Europe <_< Ok he got in a bit of shit talkin' there, but did anyone else hear of this rumor that Side Show was going to Barca???

Yup it was all over the papers a couple of weeks ago.

I assume you are talking about this guy:

Papadopoulos_2455111.jpg

He was born in Melbourne, Australia. He along with Christian Vieri are too good for Australia... <_<

I assume you are talking about this guy:

Papadopoulos_2455111.jpg

He was born in Melbourne, Australia. He along with Christian Vieri are too good for Australia... <_<

Yup that's the cunt.

Can't say you're missing much, he has never even been the best CB playing for the Greek national team.

The most pathetic thing I've ever read:

CHELSEA are through to the Champions League semi-finals but, if I am perfectly honest, when it comes to the Blues all I can think about is David Luiz.

After watching him again in that second-leg against his former club Benfica, from whom Chelsea bought him for £21m, I am even more infuriated than ever before.

It just makes me mad every time I think about him and I tell you, I bet he has a few team-mates who want to give him a good shake and ask him what he is playing at.

He is terrible. Shocking. Chelsea went through to the last four in spite of him, not because of him.

I would never have him in my team and every time I watch him, my argument just gets stronger.

I know he is of Brazilian origin but that does not give him the right to round the pitch trying fancy flicks, looking like he is in a testimonial match.

He is a defender for goodness sake. Go out and defend and do your job.

When I played as a defender you were strong, good in the tackle. You did not try and be all fancy.

But it is not the fact he tries to be clever. It is the fact he does these things and fails.

In that quarter-final, he gave the lad the eyes, looked one way and passed it the other. Only he passed it straight to a Benfica player. It was a total embarrassment.

I would love to know what John Terry, the Chelsea captain, thinks when he lines up alongside him.

The likes of Terry and Frank Lampard were putting everything on the line to get out of that game as winners to set up a semi-final with Spanish giants Barcelona.

To see a team-mate gifting balls like that, trying to be fancy, they must have been fuming.

I know had he done that in a team I was playing in there would have been a queue lining up to have more than a few harsh words when they got back in the dressing room.

Fair play to Chelsea for getting through but I think Barcelona will prove too strong in the next round.

As for their star striker Lionel Messi, he must be rubbing his hands at the thought of facing Luiz.

In fact, any striker would feel the same.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Kenny-Burns-column-Luiz-defender-Pull/story-15762160-detail/story.html

Haha, that's the spirit. Totally ignore his MOTM-worthy performances in recent months and concentrate only on that one silly mistake which didn't even result in a goal for Benfica. :doh:

Love it. You know Mr Burns was hibernating while Luiz churned out MOTM performances over the last few months, pen ready in hand, primed to wake up from his snooze and write an appraisal the minute DL put a foot wrong. Football journalism - easiest job on the planet.

David Luiz has probably been the better out of all our defenders since the start of the year... and yet he is criticized over one incident in one game, where ok it was against his former club... he tried a trick, maybe so but apart from that he didn't put a foot wrong did he? No he didn't. So this "so called journalist" should get his facts right and start watching Luiz play for the full game rather than 10 seconds...

“I’m very happy in London, I like London and Chelsea. I like England and playing in the Premier League.

I play for a big club and when you play for a big club the pressure is so hard. But when you win you are the best and a hero, that is normal.”

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2012/04/chelsea-star-confirms-his-intentions-to.html