David Luiz

the wes

Is that any difference from we trying to sign Rooney to solves our striker problem? From we signing Hazard to help our creativity problem before?

Who are we to deny the other clubs the chance to improve? Sure I hate Barca as much as you are but we cannot have this one sided view. We are trying to sign Rooney is alright while Barca trying to get Luiz is unacceptable?

Well, you are barking at the wrong tree... :) I'm not too fond of Rooney's current form. Would have signed him a couple of years ago, but not right now.

And Rooney's not #1 striker for United -- even his Manager said so -- while Luiz is our absolute best CB; I think his CV/resume is already kind showing that, for club and country.

It won't be shattered, but our defense would look a bit pedestrian with very simple CBs. All our rivals (always except Arsenal) would have better options than us.

What is really scary to me isn't us losing him - life goes on - but Barcelona getting him. He would solve all their CB problems and they would go back to being the best side in the world IMO. Their biggest problem recently has been that they did not have a CB who could make the defense to midfield transition (hello David!), so they've been employing midfielders in teh CB position which hurts them when they actually have to defend in the box. David is the perfect player for them.

No, it won´t. Plenty of folks there. Azpi, Iva, Cahill, JT, Cole, Bertrand, soon Kalas. If Jose needs to buy, he will.

If I were Jose, I would ask Luiz the similar question as Roman asked him. LUIZ DO YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR CHELSEA ?

If he does go, these are the candidates to replace him imo that we could get:

1. Diego Godin

2. Fazio

3. Mangala

4. Sakho

5. Chedjou

6. That Greek CB from Schalker who I cba to search his name

7. Howedes

8. Rami

All are good CB, all quite young apart from Chedjou and none should cost more than £15-£20m max. Well maybe apart from Mangala who we would need to pay his release clause of £30m seeing it is Porto.

godin- quite a good defender but not world-class. also too slow and technically limited

fazio- already 26 and hasnt achieved nothing till yet. solid defender but nowhere near luiz class

mangala- he is a beast. but porto want 50 m for him.

sakho- dont rate him at all. stagnated really in his progress and makes way too much errors.

papadopoulos- good CB, but injury-prone as hell. also schalke dont really want to sell him and he still has to learn a lot.

höwedes- schalke wont sell him, unless for a really high offer.

rami- is awful. have seen enough from him at Valencia and against half-way good strikers he looks embarrasing.

so, most of the options you listed, arent really good at all or would be expensive. mangala would be really the only one who could replace him quite well, but he would be really expensive.

don't see why selling Luiz is even an option. We don't need the money and I don't think they can/will offer enough where the money would be better than keeping Luiz. I realize anything can happen. But we don't need to be a selling club and Luiz is making it clear as of late he wants to stay here. Everyone wants him now after the Confederations Cup and they'll want him even more after the World Cup. If Luiz wants to stay we shouldn't even consider selling. To me he's a big part of the current positive image of the Chelsea squad. Everyone loves him, kids, adults, the other players. The longer he stays he'll only become more important to and more of a leader to the club.

Very true!

David has a contract until 2017 and has already said he's not nterested in talking to another club.. the performance he showed in the Confederations Cup final against Spain proves why we musn't sell him. He is a big future for the long run, and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our new captain after JT chucks it in.

I actually consider Barca to be a rival club seeing as we've faced them so many times in Europe, so selling Luiz to them shouldn't even cross anyone's mind!

Right. And JT himself has even mentioned Luiz as a preference for the next captain. I really see him and Mata being the next JT and Lampard for our club if we keep them around.

Don't forget that omoreu got his work permit.

Is really another CB needed if Luiz wants to move?

Ivan

Terry

Cahil

Kalas

Omoreu

Romeu could make his Valencia move permament next summer, so that would be him out of the equasion.

Besides, Romeu is more of a CDM than he is a centre back, though he can play there.

Romeu could make his Valencia move permament next summer, so that would be him out of the equasion.

Besides, Romeu is more of a CDM than he is a centre back, though he can play there.

Omoreu not Romeu he is a CB that played for the Nigerian NT and had cavani and suarez in his pocket this summer, and he is already ours

No, it won´t. Plenty of folks there. Azpi, Iva, Cahill, JT, Cole, Bertrand, soon Kalas. If Jose needs to buy, he will.

If I were Jose, I would ask Luiz the similar question as Roman asked him. LUIZ DO YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR CHELSEA ?

all good players no doubt... none world class. JT used to be, but he barely played last season.

United have better and City have a lot better.

Yes, that's an important question. We ought to be asking whether we want to do OK in the BPL or if we are shooting for the CL.

all good players no doubt... none world class. JT used to be, but he barely played last season.

United have better and City have a lot better.

Yes, that's an important question. We ought to be asking whether we want to do OK in the BPL or if we are shooting for the CL.

JT was injured & suspended, he is coming back. World class in my view. Azpi can hold his own against many players. Cahill does make mistakes occasionally. AC still world class. IVA very reliable.

If you think Manures have better defense than Chelsea, then I give up. Perhaps, Citeh but not by much. Just look at Chelsea´s goals against. Also, Jose likes to play his defense tight, there is my answer.

Luiz is NOT going anywhere. I wouldn't sell him even if Barca put £60 million on the table. Yes, I'm serious.

I find reading through some of the comments here, somewhat concerning.

Luiz is by far the best CB we have. In my humble opinion, he's in the top 3 best(if not the best) defenders in professional football. If we're a club who want to compete at all fronts, we will keep him.

More than that, he adds this something special to the team spirit, on and off the pitch. He loves it here, and puts a smile on everyone's face. It's not something you can buy.

Exactly. Luiz has bucket loads of potential and has the perfect mentors in the form of JT and Thiago Silva. The way he talks about us is more than enough to realize that he loves the club. Chelsea will never be outmuscled on money anyway and I don't see him handing in a transfer request. What is he, Wayne Rooney?

Luiz is nowhere near a top class defender at the moment,he is too erratic and unpredictable,however he has the abililty to be the best in the world with the right coaching and I believe Jose will make him just that,so as we are not a selling club he should not be for sale .