David Luiz

the wes

I agree, and id be more than happy if we kept him, just think we shouldn't turn down a potentially big offer for him.

The thing that concerns me is the raw talent bit. Think we'd all agree that he's got it, but at 26 I do wonder how much he can actually improve.

The thing that lets him down is his basic decision making, that in itself wouldn't be difficult for someone like Jose to shake out of his game. I'm a great believer in players can improve no matter their age, I just think as good as Luiz is/can be he is a perfect blank canvas for Jose to literally make him into one of the worlds complete players.

David has yet to say he wishes to leave this club and all these " supporters" saying he should be sold if right amount comes in... so if the right amount comes in for hazard or mata or de bruyne we sell them too cause that seems to be all that matters.. not what the player has helped our beloved club accomplish not the fact that he bleeds blue and loves being here.. I feel the people who are for this still have this notion that Luiz is liability which is in fact not true.. The current club captain picks Luiz to be Chelsea legend and captain clearly the players feel he is someone that should be around...

My stance on Luiz to be sold is simple.. no way if other teams want him why don't we...

The thing that lets him down is his basic decision making, that in itself wouldn't be difficult for someone like Jose to shake out of his game. I'm a great believer in players can improve no matter their age, I just think as good as Luiz is/can be he is a perfect blank canvas for Jose to literally make him into one of the worlds complete players.

Yes, I agree Jose can mold him well.

It´s his power trip that I am worried about. He wants to kick every free kick, sometimes is missing on defense too....& I am not sure if Jose can get that out of him ?

don't see why selling Luiz is even an option. We don't need the money and I don't think they can/will offer enough where the money would be better than keeping Luiz. I realize anything can happen. But we don't need to be a selling club and Luiz is making it clear as of late he wants to stay here. Everyone wants him now after the Confederations Cup and they'll want him even more after the World Cup. If Luiz wants to stay we shouldn't even consider selling. To me he's a big part of the current positive image of the Chelsea squad. Everyone loves him, kids, adults, the other players. The longer he stays he'll only become more important to and more of a leader to the club.

The big question to me is: would we be able to use the 40M (whatever currency) we receive for him to fix the problem that selling him will surely create?

Certainly, Chelsea should use the cash. However, him gone, Chelsea´s defense won´t be shattered, I feel.

May I point out ? Manure fans are the most arrogant pigs one can ever face. Over the years, every forum full of manures that I had visited I almost puked over their postings.

They are bound to be, they have had the biggest success in the Premier League, however that's all over now Fergie is gone.

They will probably turn into Liverpool fans banging on about history soon enough when they can't compete for the title anymore.

Yes, if the right amount for anyone comes in, we should sell them. Nobody is untouchable. None of these players bleed blue except for perhaps ones like Lampard and Terry who have been with us for over a decade. Luiz played longer at Benfica than he has at Chelsea.That's not to say that he isn't loyal, of course he is, just that this idea of players loving the club more than anything is a fan's projection of their own feelings, not the way players actually feel. Our players don't grow up loving Chelsea and play from the time they're kids. We buy them when they are older and they loyalty to Chelsea is literally because we pay them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this but it's the way things are. (Just as we are. If a company offered me double the salary i was getting now, I'd take it. We all would do that.)

The money we're talking about for Luiz would make him the most expensive defender in history. Luiz is good, but like almost all players, he's replaceable and for that price, it'd be worth it.

and how did terry or lampard become blue by giving their all for a decade.. but before our new players can make it there we are willing to sell them what kind of message is that to an incoming player if you sign for chelsea looking long term and the right price comes we sell you.. and thats not a fans projection of a players loyalty just as jose says he is a blue david and mata have said the same and even the " mercenary" hazard has come out saying things like that.. Just as you in a job look for job security so do players.. and if my employer is good to me at a reasonable rate of wage I am loyal to them but maybe that is just me

Yes, if the right amount for anyone comes in, we should sell them. Nobody is untouchable. None of these players bleed blue except for perhaps ones like Lampard and Terry who have been with us for over a decade. Luiz played longer at Benfica than he has at Chelsea.That's not to say that he isn't loyal, of course he is, just that this idea of players loving the club more than anything is a fan's projection of their own feelings, not the way players actually feel. Our players don't grow up loving Chelsea and play from the time they're kids. We buy them when they are older and they loyalty to Chelsea is literally because we pay them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this but it's the way things are. (Just as we are. If a company offered me double the salary i was getting now, I'd take it. We all would do that.)

The money we're talking about for Luiz would make him the most expensive defender in history. Luiz is good, but like almost all players, he's replaceable and for that price, it'd be worth it.

It is understandable, obviously at any club there will always be fans who are against selling our good players at any cost because of his connection with the club, but the more knowledge fans can see a bigger picture. No body was born to play for Chelsea as you said, only what they do matter. Just like 3-4 years ago Essien was one of the best in his position, I bet at the time many would say he is not for sale at any price too. Now look at him, no one gives a tosh anymore about him after 1-2 years. Same will happen with Luiz, if he doesn't do spectacular stuffs and defend averagely next season, a bid of like £25m comes in and I am sure the majority would take it even though it is impossible to imagine now.

Don't get into the Liverpool problem guys, where every good player they had is born to play for them according to their fickle fans :D

Certainly, Chelsea should use the cash. However, him gone, Chelsea´s defense won´t be shattered, I feel.

It won't be shattered, but our defense would look a bit pedestrian with very simple CBs. All our rivals (always except Arsenal) would have better options than us.

What is really scary to me isn't us losing him - life goes on - but Barcelona getting him. He would solve all their CB problems and they would go back to being the best side in the world IMO. Their biggest problem recently has been that they did not have a CB who could make the defense to midfield transition (hello David!), so they've been employing midfielders in teh CB position which hurts them when they actually have to defend in the box. David is the perfect player for them.

Even Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the greatest living player of all time is replaceable. Luiz is nothing compare to him. Maybe the only player that is truly irreplaceable atm is Messi because no one can score 50+ goals every season like he does.

It won't shattered, but our defense would look a bit pedestrian with very simple CBs. All our rivals (always except Arsenal) would have better options than us.

What is really scary to me isn't us losing him - life goes on - but Barcelona getting him. He would solve all their CB problems and would resume being the best side in the world IMO. They had to problems last season: no CB who could make the defense to midfield transition (hello David!), so they've been employing midfielders in teh CB position which hurts them when they actually have to defend in the box. David is the perfect player for them.

Is that any difference from we trying to sign Rooney to solves our striker problem? From we signing Hazard to help our creativity problem before?

Who are we to deny the other clubs the chance to improve? Sure I hate Barca as much as you are but we cannot have this one sided view. We are trying to sign Rooney is alright while Barca trying to get Luiz is unacceptable?

They are bound to be, they have had the biggest success in the Premier League, however that's all over now Fergie is gone.

They will probably turn into Liverpool fans banging on about history soon enough when they can't compete for the title anymore.

Exactly, Manures are banging about their 20 PL titles, history....repetitiously.