David Luiz

the wes

How valuable is David Luiz to Chelsea? - EPL Index

Decent read. Agree with some of it but not others, especially the part about how Cahill complements Luiz' game.

Decent read for sure and some very interesting stats but also some ridiculous ones. Luiz's dominance in interceptions is no surprise and is, IMO, his main strength but it's nice to see the statistical evidence back up what we can see. Some of the other statistics are baffling to use. "Chances created" for example are based entirely on Luiz taking more shots especially free kicks from dangerous areas, something other no other CB really does. Yes, Luiz creates more chances, but he also took more shots than all the other CBs on the list combined and with a very poor success rate. (2 goals on 56 shots means you are taking far too many shots. Cahill, for example, had the same number of goals on 16 shots.) Like this previous omission the article conveniently ignores the biggest negative aspect of Luiz's game IMO which is that he tries to do too much offensively and is not efficient enough to justify it. Luiz had an 81% passing rate, easily the lowest on the list and a number that is very poor for a central defender. Kompany for example, had an 89% passing rate. Most of that difference comes from Luiz terrible percentage on long balls (55%, Kompany's for example was 73%)) which re-enforces those of us who believe that Luiz's game is much better when he keeps it simple and sticks as being a very good central defender instead of trying to run the attack. (Bad percentage shooter, bad percentage passer means a lot of turnovers for every positive result, way more than I would consider a good trade-off.)

Does he fuck?!?

Piss off Barcelona, the arrogance surrounding that club is unbelievable. Daily fail now reporting that he will ask to leave after hearing of barca interest. Does this go as far as tapping up a player? Seriously fed up of barca and real's dirty tricks when it comes to buying players. It's disrespectful and unprofessional. They can fuck right off, absolute scum.

Those news about Luiz are coming from Mundo Deportivo, one of these days they called Chelsea 'Chelsea'. Disgusting.

They are also reporting that Mourinho did not want Luiz anymore, but changed his mind after the defensive mistakes in Real Madrid's game. Hilarious.

I will repeat this again he is our best defender and it would be a massive mistake to let him go, Ivanovic and Cahill are average at best to be honest, JT no longer has the legs still has to adapt to aging. its actually not surprising that our best perfomances came with Luiz in the back, I also love the way he complements our attack ie that pass against Leeds for Eden Hazard's third goal only Luiz has that ability to do that from the defenders we currently have

I'm thinking this is BS, is like to see a more credible source than the dailymail reporting it.

However I he wanted to leave I'd understand, Barcelona would compliment his style more than out own. Personally hope he doesn't though, love this guy, future legend IMO.

According to fresh reports in Spain the 26-year-old wants to complete a move to Barcelona, who launched an audacious £35m bid earlier this week.

I read some reports in England saying Barcelona launched an £30-35m bid earlier this week with Chelsea refusing the offer and Mourinho stating Barcelona should try signing another defender because David Luiz is going nowhere. This isn't quite true. The actual offer was €25m as Catalan based newspaper ‘Sport’ reported.

This is Sport's front page from few days ago.

1146705_10151625726992535_1800987067_n.j