David Luiz

the wes

15 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I hear everything you say thru my drugged haze and I agree with alot but I still think he lacks some power and aagression.

So did Carvalho and he did allright.

Having a fullback in a back three offers balance as he knows when to drift wide in defense situations, Spurs had trouble with that vs Arsenal Dier didn't know when to come wide in defense. 

On 11/8/2016 at 7:41 AM, Unionjack said:

I'm not being nasty or criticizing anyone but Luiz is the only one of the back 3 I wouldn't rush to upgrade.

YES Dave has been blinding in the 3-4-3. His stats,heat charts and passing diagrams have shown it. BUT we know hes got his weaknesses.

And Cahil has looked much better too but I cant see im being a starter after a transfer window.

We have 2 great young fast CBs in Happy and Christensen and keepng Dave would give us some great depth.

I honestly think tho the Don will be looking to upgrade both lads.

I like Dave alot, hes a great worker and a solid player with a good character but theres no room for sentiment if we want to keep progressing and dominate Europe.

We shall see.

he is probably the best pure defender we have on the squad. 

I agree that Luiz is our best defender in a 3 back setting but Azpi has been no slouch! his ability to close down and press make him very hard to replace in that back three. Not to mention his distribution has been close to flawless. One might even go as far as to say Moses' ascendancy at right wingback is correlated to Azpi being implemented at RCB.

19 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I m not denying that every top players has that brain fart or bad patch but the issue with David's is that those are epic ... Most of these top players more or else recovers within the game itself but Luiz's is unrecoverable at times. 

Honestly if one goal goes because of him today, U can see the outbreak everywhere (fans and pundits alike) even if we win. We cannot say that ohh we have got a good attack who can make it up for that one mistake, time and again we have seen that when a team parks the bus it becomes very difficult to score no matter what formation you. And more importantly (my thing is) why make a mistake which can cost you. 

I like Luiz right from the time he has been here but I wouldnt still trust him in my defense (for me his place is in the defensive midfield area) ... However I give full marks to Conte for keeping him in check all this while, I seriously hope and pray it continue the entire time because Luiz is such a complete player without the errors. 

You can draw the same sort of errors with pretty much every defender in the world. I'm not saying David ranks as the best defender out there but his "mistakes" are blown out of proportion because he didn't fit with the make up of our team identity. We were pragmatic and boring, he is flamboyant and a risk taker, the contrast was stark.

If you put Luiz in that Arsenal team of 2011 he'd be considered a footballing God! You put him into that Barcelona team of the same time and he's a fucking legendary footballer of Beckenbauer proportions.

We are conditioned to Jose style of football, we need to break that mould to start appreciating freer football. 

I think Conte is the perfect coach at the perfect time for David, he will give him structure but not so much as to keep him from expressing himself. Its a beautiful thing....

The most vulnerable Dave has looked in recent weeks is the Utd match when Zlatan, then Fellaini climbed all over him for a head.  Zlatan, not on target.  Fellaini, over hit cross (IIRC).  Dave would hardly be the first CB to have Zlatan score a header over them.  I think this is actually his best position.  The balance in midfield for us comes from the way we play from the back.  Luiz is like a deep lying playmaker with his passing (can we stop the Bonnucci rumours?) and the L/RCBs carry the ball in to midfield.  It's helped us boss the 3 man midfields we've come up against.  We actually get another player in to midfield, to even the numbers it's just one of the CBs stepping up.  

Conte's team sheet just has Hazard, Kante, Dave printed on it, the rest is blank to be filled in on match day.

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The most vulnerable Dave has looked in recent weeks is the Utd match when Zlatan, then Fellaini climbed all over him for a head.  Zlatan, not on target.  Fellaini, over hit cross (IIRC).  Dave would hardly be the first CB to have Zlatan score a header over them.  I think this is actually his best position.  The balance in midfield for us comes from the way we play from the back.  Luiz is like a deep lying playmaker with his passing (can we stop the Bonnucci rumours?) and the L/RCBs carry the ball in to midfield.  It's helped us boss the 3 man midfields we've come up against.  We actually get another player in to midfield, to even the numbers it's just one of the CBs stepping up.  

Conte's team sheet just has Hazard, Kante, Dave printed on it, the rest is blank to be filled in on match day.

Costa hardly ever starts,  ;)

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You can draw the same sort of errors with pretty much every defender in the world. I'm not saying David ranks as the best defender out there but his "mistakes" are blown out of proportion because he didn't fit with the make up of our team identity. We were pragmatic and boring, he is flamboyant and a risk taker, the contrast was stark.

If you put Luiz in that Arsenal team of 2011 he'd be considered a footballing God! You put him into that Barcelona team of the same time and he's a fucking legendary footballer of Beckenbauer proportions.

We are conditioned to Jose style of football, we need to break that mould to start appreciating freer football. 

I think Conte is the perfect coach at the perfect time for David, he will give him structure but not so much as to keep him from expressing himself. Its a beautiful thing....

For me, a top player is one who can quickly recover from his/her mistakes during the game itself ... Luiz gets caught in that and continues in a free fall sometimes. Thats my only criticism about him ... the day some one explains him the meaning of Discipline and he integrates it in his game he has the potential to be among the best (one of the reason I'm really impressed by the way Conte is handling him and hope it continues).

I dont go into assumption of If this then that ... because there are different dynamics to a team. He could had been a hit or may had been a complete waste ... We dont know. 

Not trying to prove you or anyone wrong here, I have always believed that Luiz is a complete player without the error side, he is passionate, full of energy, a team player, versatile in his abilities and a must have character in the team. I do appreciate good football and feel that Luiz does have the potential to really move on the top. Really hope that Luiz and Conte work together on the discipline angle to get the best out of him, 

7 hours ago, Strike said:

I don't know why fans are clamoring for one more defender immediately.

Luiz, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill, Terry with Christensen on loan. I'd wait for the right defender really. 

Terry should not even count. 

Zouma we don't know if hes any good after that big injury. 

Still need more defenders as we need to upgrade Cahill. 

9 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

For me, a top player is one who can quickly recover from his/her mistakes during the game itself ... Luiz gets caught in that and continues in a free fall sometimes. Thats my only criticism about him ... the day some one explains him the meaning of Discipline and he integrates it in his game he has the potential to be among the best (one of the reason I'm really impressed by the way Conte is handling him and hope it continues).

I dont go into assumption of If this then that ... because there are different dynamics to a team. He could had been a hit or may had been a complete waste ... We dont know. 

Not trying to prove you or anyone wrong here, I have always believed that Luiz is a complete player without the error side, he is passionate, full of energy, a team player, versatile in his abilities and a must have character in the team. I do appreciate good football and feel that Luiz does have the potential to really move on the top. Really hope that Luiz and Conte work together on the discipline angle to get the best out of him, 

Well that's part of maturing and most defenders don't hit their prime till 28 and beyond.

You don't have to this is a game called using your imagination. 

this isn't about right or wrong these are opinions. In my opinion David Luiz has been our best defender since returning to the club. Without him, I find it hard to believe that 3 at the back would work for us.

He needs the right manager to really show his class. He never thrived under Mourinho, but he was head and shoulders above every other defender in the Premier League under Benitez, especially in the last three months of the 2012/13 season. Then under Mourinho he lost his self confidence a little bit, he couldn't really play his game with all these instructions.

Now under Conte it seems he got that  hunger back, which shows in his late performances.

Funny how things go in football. He is arguably playing some of best football in his career, yet he is out from brazil squad; probably for good.

I dont mind it tho, that way he can be always rested and cant suffer injuries playing internationals. 

And if I know him enough, he will try to play best as possible to impress Tite to get back in nt.