David Luiz

the wes

Whats this about him in midfield? :lol:

It won't happen bar possibly the odd big game because ..

A: Our defense needs upgrading and despite his flaws David a significant upgrade on Cahill and probably current JT too bar the leadership.

B: Him in midfield doesn't actually work if we are playing anything other than counter attack.

C: Conte wouldn't spend this much on a defender to play him out of position.

33 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

No "more news to come"? :( 

Was still hoping for an extra striker. 

Kinda weird tbh, especially since we let Remy go on loan the other day...unless Solanke is sticking around to be 3rd striker.

Only thing positive this deal has going on is the fact apparently Conte himself wanted him.
Desperate times call for desperate actions I guess.

Doesn't change the fact we're going to appear as the laughing stock here. Couldn't secure any of our primary targets for the defence, we then fell back on Luiz of all people.

22 minutes ago, Parky said:

Man we sold him for a reason. He gets lost and is out of position in important moments. Good on the ball though but more a flashy/fake CB. Not happy..

Chelsea sold him for a reason. PSG are selling him for a reason. This transfer makes me laugh really. It's just bizarre. If he performs like he did in his first spell, people will be joking about this for a very long time.

It's strange. I like and dislike this move at the same time. Overall he's solid, at his best he's very good and at his worst he's terrible. Complete enigma. A true top player can never perform as poorly as Luiz does at times which is why he's never a top player for me.

But I'm hoping he somehow manages to improve and perform more consistently outside the freakshow performances. If he can become a 7 out of 10 defender for the most part of a season, bringing him back will have been worth it.

Costa and Luiz are gonna cheat and test the limits of refs big time btw and make Chelsea that bit more hated. Fun times ahead.