Roman Abramovich Thread

Sigh. Next season looking bleak.

Two centre backs to hunt for. 

What's the guarantee we get even one with decent quality?

To be fair Rudiger had a decent reputation when he signed.

It is the combination of Tuchel and the 3 CB formation that brought the best out of him. The biggest loss is his personality.

Strong willed player

Can someone please explain to me.

I thought the sanctions were against Roman.

Why are we the supporters and the players and everyone else of importance being made to suffer.

No one can tell me that there can't be a way of selling match tickets and the proceeds going to charities.

And what about finding a way to sort out players contracts.

To me it's fucking disgraceful what all concerned are doing to us.

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Tuchel says it was sanctions, but I don't think it was that.

He probably made up his mind a long time ago. Else he would have waited. This is just the 'excuse' for an easier exit.

Nahhh.  If wanted to although no guarantee they could easily have made him a offer and he could sign soon as he is free to. The rumours have been floating way before all this stuff happened so started somewhere. A shame cause such a key player at the moment but nothing can be done 

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Tuchel says it was sanctions, but I don't think it was that.

He probably made up his mind a long time ago. Else he would have waited. This is just the 'excuse' for an easier exit.

We will always get pimp-slapped by Real Madrid. Barca too.

They are the 2 biggest clubs by far in the world (Manure can go fuck off, as can Juve and Bayern and Pool)

they will usually get what they want

I fully accept that fact.

The ONLY thing we could do to narrow the gap is to build a monumental new stadium befitting of a top 4 or 5 club in the world (if the rest of the top 25 clubs finish their new stadiums/renovations already on the books (many do not even need it), and we stayed stuck with old non renovated SB, we would have the worst stadium of all the top 25 clubs, I have detailed that before, listing every club and their stadium situ)  and then just start another run of EPL and Europe dominance, but that will take at least 5 or 6 years or so from now to get to that point (as the stadium may take 4 or 5 years, plus we have to win CL and EPL mixed in there too)

On 21/04/2022 at 10:59, Superblue_1986 said:

For those superstitious type just to note that according to reports Boehly was at last nights game and has now been to oversee the home games against Arsenal and Madrid, the two biggest clusterfuck defensive performances I've seen for a long time.

Pagliuca has been to one game per reports which was the 6-0 win against Southampton.

I think if Boehly goes to West Ham too he wants to pray we actually win a game under his watchful eye, otherwise murmurs of a curse might start to escalate!

Sooo was Boehly present at the West Ham game? Did we break that curse?😀

Chelsea sale reportedly subjected to a last-minute dirty tricks campaign

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2022/04/Chelsea-sale-reportedly-subjected-to-a-last-minute-dirty-tricks-campaign/

The Chelsea sale saga is something that is becoming truly exhausting now for all involved.

You can safely assume now that everyone, from Thomas Tuchel to the fans, just want this whole story to reach it’s ending now and the new owners just to be announced and in through the door.

Thomas Tuchel would love to sign Declan Rice at Chelsea this summer.

There has been nothing but drama and delays within this whole process and it has felt just like a political campaign.

The latest bit of news on the ownership takeover just about proves the above sentence as well, with ‘last-minute dirty tricks’ now coming in to play, according to The Telegraph.

They claim that the consortium fronted by Stephen Pagliuca have been left mystified by a claim they are set to be eliminated from the Chelsea bidding amid fears over a last-minute dirty tricks campaign.

Raine Group have dismissed a report claiming there had been a late change to the process that would see Pagliuca’s bid rejected this week and the bidding narrowed down to two.

Chelsea bidder Stephen Pagliuca mystified by 'dirty tricks' after claim his offer will be eliminated
Bidders are hoping to find out which one of them will be picked as Chelsea's preferred buyer next week

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/04/24/Chelsea-bidder-stephen-pagliuca-mystified-claim-consortium-will/

The consortium fronted by Stephen Pagliuca have been left mystified by a claim they are set to be eliminated from the Chelsea bidding amid fears over a last-minute dirty tricks campaign.
Sources close to Raine, the merchant bank in charge of the Chelsea sale, have privately dismissed a report that stated there had been a late change to the process that would see Pagliuca’s bid rejected this week and groups fronted by Todd Boehly and Sir Martin Broughton go head-to-head for preferred buyer status.
Bidders are hoping to find out which one of them will be picked as Chelsea’s preferred buyer this week, with the Boehly and Broughton groups rated by many as the frontrunners.
But the Pagliuca group have been given no indication that they are set to be eliminated ahead of the other two remaining bidders and were surprised by the nature of Sunday’s report at such a sensitive time.
Pagliuca’s group refused to comment on the report, which claimed their proposal would be rejected because ‘it offers nothing new’, and refused to be drawn into what they believe is a dirty tricks battle, preferring instead to focus on their own bid and a desire to be honest with Chelsea supporters.
Raine and Chelsea have been keen for bidders to refrain from publicity wars or sparring and Sunday’s report is unlikely to have gone down particularly well with either party.
There was also a claim that the Boehly-fronted bid had scored an own goal by drafting in George Osborne to offer advice. The report stated that the inclusion of the former chancellor may not go down well with current chancellor Rishi Sunak, with Chelsea’s preferred bidder needing the green light from the UK Government.
Government and Raine sources were dismissive of such a notion, while the Boehly group refused to comment on the report.

Just now, Vesper said:

current chancellor Rishi Sunak

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/full-list-tory-mps-boris-johnson-resign-vote-no-confidence-1584057

Nigel Mills, MP for Amber Valley
Following the fine, Mr Mills said: “I don’t think the PM can survive or should survive breaking the rules he put in place … we have to have higher standards than that of people at the top. He’s been fined, I don’t think his position is tenable.”
He later called on both Mr Johnson and the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, to resign and confirmed he had submitted a letter of no confidence in the Prime Minister.

I have a lot of respect for Paul Canoville with regards to what he went through in his own era because some of it was truly horrific.

I think in all honesty he's probably been given too much of a platform as part of the overall bid as the Supporters Trust I think could have dealt with a lot of the matters regarding the foundation, charitable and social issues and responsibilities, etc at this point with the bids and it's probably more so due to the Rickett's requesting to meet with him that has escalated in him becoming someone all bidders have decided to meet with.

However, having met all of the bidders, and with little information us fans have in order to form our own opinions on who might be our favourite, etc any opinions or information at this time is welcome.

I've felt that the Boehly bid has probably been the strongest, least controversial and my most favourable since the start and the above I feel cements this further that he seems to be overall a bloody decent guy with a well thought out plan in place which you'd expect him to have as he's done his due diligence in the past on the club.

A bit random but I had this crazy dream that we told Hamilton to fuck off so he decided to buy Westham instead and renamed them to West Hamilton lol

Whilst arbitrary that dream showed me how stupid it is for athlete megalomaniacs to try and buy football clubs

Roman was the most dedicated owner who loved this club and gave it all for club, from his money to unconditional support. That aspect of Roman's ownership we will never be able able to replace. But he had another side of his ownership that we are eager to replace. His inability to chose the right people to run the club. Knowable, professional,  independent football experts who would make decisions in accordance with all aspects of the club and decisions from the past. It was always ad hoc at Chelsea, rare are decisions and actions that were products from long term planning. Maybe only academy. But something went wrong even there, having in mind how many of academy graduates wanted out asap.

Back to the topic, seeing how easy it was for City and Lfc to find those type of people, I often wondered what stopped Roman from finding these kind of professionals? Was it that he couldn't find experts? There are so many advisors even though a person doesn't have knowledge or connections it can all be arranged with money, he didn't lack or hesitate to invest.

What was it then?  I reckon he was the kind of owner who always wanted his pals and yes man at the helm of this club. Not independent football experts but people who were close to him and who would listen to him . Of course we had some experts on the board, players we had and titles we have won are proof, but they were not good enough or their influence wasn't big enough.

As time have passed this bad side of ownership have prevailed in regards to decision making and results on the pitch. We are on downward trajectory. 

It is catastrophic that last year we were going to be  left without defense and midfield the next to seasons and we go and splash 185 millions on striker without getting any defender or midfielder. It was travesty that only uncapable and  ignorant people could do. It will cots this club dearly.

Instead of getting two - three players last year and getting two - three players this year we now have to get at least five players to compete. In world cup year. With new owners.  It may cost us our top four status. It may cost us our manager.

I would like Roman to reduce his asking price and have at least 200 million transfer kitty among his conditions for the new owner. He should have in mind the state of the squad while making decisions during sale process. 

If I hear one more time about

1. Lewis Hamilton and Serena Williams 'are buying Chelsea'

and

2. How the Broughton and Coe bid is 'everything that is good about Britain' (when none of the big money is even British!) and how Broughton/Coe winning the bid means 'it's coming home' (seriously, WTF does that even mean, other than mindless, prattling sloganeering????)

I AM GOING TO FUCKING SNAP

I am seriously sick of this all, and I am worried that something is going to happen (like Roman refusing to sell to the winner) and we are going to be in massive shite

getting super stressed and very much vexed