Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody also has feeling this is our year in CL? It begun with that win against Valencia in group stage, with defeat we would say goodbye to Cl, but we won 3:0 and finished first, avoiding harder opponents. Then we were completely down, loosing 3:1 to Napoli, then won 4:1, got Benfica who is certainly much easier oponnent than RM, Barca or Bayern. Then in semifinals, we got no one else but Barca, chance to revenge loss three years ago and suceeded. 3 goals, 3 shots. Messi misses penalty, they had 10 clear chances to score, but blown them. They lead 2:0 at Camp nou and our captain gets red carded. We somehow equalise and that Torres goal in the end...And then we get Bayern who is if you ask me still easier opponent than RM and they somehow will miss three players like we.

We were written off so many times and then always gone through with miracle. And the luck arrived finaly.

Just wondering, why didnt we lost against Napoli if we werent meant for something bigger? Maybe winning CL? We shouldnt depend on that, but there were events, too wonderfull to be true. This season brought 3 fantastic evenings, that will be never forgotten. Just to play in final, it is great by itself

And just maybe we can win it...BELIEVE!

There's a few noises on facebook that Ryan Bertrand is going to get the nod at left midfield.

I won't read too much into it just yet but it is worth keeping your eye on.

Interesting. Never thought of that as an option.

Oh really, wasn't aware (missed the game that day). How did it work out?

Not sure. :lol:

Tried to watch it but stream was lagging horribly that day. Heard about the move from Twitter.

Does anybody also has feeling this is our year in CL? It begun with that win against Valencia in group stage, with defeat we would say goodbye to Cl, but we won 3:0 and finished first, avoiding harder opponents.

Napoli, Benfica, Barcelona...Those aren't hard opponents? In the UCL every team is tuff. You just have to keep moving until you are stopped. So far we haven't been stopped & hopefully we will move to the top of the heap tomorrow. It will be a massive challenge...I don't buy this hype that the stadium won't be in bayscum's favor. They are playing on home turf & that makes this more of a challenge. I really believe our experienced squad (yea the ones that said are over the hill) can get it done. Come on Chelsea!!!

it was good. pf moved as a left back while fm came off so ryan filled in as a left mid. good work rate and good positions but as sturridge was filling in behind lukaku in the hole, he simply never passed which wont happen if mata plays. i was very impressed with the move and he would be good to keep lahm quite (defensively atleast).

This isn't an over-reaction. This is our best chance of winning this for a good while.

We are deep in a transition period and lets kid ourself's this run to the final has been riddled with luck that we wont get again, if we don't win it this season we won't be in it next season and if we get back in it the season after we will have to overcome Barca and the rest all over again and with Drogba and co likely to be gone we won't have the tools to beat them we had this season.

This is not like in 2008, in 2008 don't get me wrong i was devastated but i knew this squad still had a few more shots at this in them now its the opposite. Lose this and we have blown our last chance to win this competition for a long long time,

I thought he did very well there. He was solid, and always provided an option on the wing to whomever got the ball in the middle. He actually should have score in a couple of occasions had the crossing (from Danny and Torres if I remember correctly) been better.

The thing I've noticed about a lot of championship teams in any sport is that at some point along the way they face adversity and find a way to overcome it. Chelsea has done that far more than Bayern has this CL.

For example, in hockey right now everyone is going nuts over the LA Kings going 11-1 in their last 12 games and everyone's ready to hand them the Stanley Cup before they've even made it to the finals. The fact is, the last 3 hockey teams to go 11-1 in the playoffs have lost in the Stanley Cup finals.

There's something about being battle tested that teaches a team what it takes to overcome that last hurdle to claim the ultimate prize. So far we've seen Chelsea succeed at every challenge even when the odds of a comeback seemed insurmountable. They've risen up over every stumbling block along the way and haven't used "well the going got tough" as an excuse to fail. On the other hand, when Bayern's faltered they've been ready with the excuses, "we didn't really want to win this trophy anyways/we didn't think we would win anyways/we've got our mind on something else." When faced with adversity they've crumbled.

This is the difference in their attitudes. Chelsea know how precious every opportunity is for glory. Bayern feel entitled because they haven't learned what it takes to overcome adversity. Simply put, they haven't built enough character. They feel like they're owed the CL trophy rather than having to earn it.

This is why Chelsea will win.