Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Lol, Chelsea are just like Leeds from 1975

-Hired young manager

-Struggled in the league

-Fired their young manager half way into the season

-Still went far into the Champions League (then European Cup)

-Played Barcelona in the Semi-finals

-Second leg was in Barcelona where Leeds wore their alternate white jerseys

-Beat Barca

-Played Munich in the final

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't agree that Bayern and Chelsea are on par with the Spanish duo. We got through which was great but Barca and Real are a level above. We just managed to get the job done over the 2 legs somehow. Nodody has a given right to win any match tho, some finals are shocking. Liverpool in 2005 won the UCL whilst coming 5th in the league, Porto vs Monaco was a shocking Final, Liverpool - Milan again in 07. The 2 finalists are not necessarily the best 2 but in a tournament, any team can beat any team.

But anyway, the fact is that Bayern and Chelsea are 2 very well organised teams that are very good at what they do. It should be a very good final and if we win it would be amazing. I just wanna see a good clean contest with no controversy.

3 weeks to go, it's gonna feel like 3 months, i can't wait for it.

Bayern are lucky, they can reax and go to the beach if they want until the German Cup final. We're battling away. Real Madrid were so tired by the hour mark on Weds, i just hope the difference in freshness isn't the same in 3 weeks time.

We'll see.

Lol, Chelsea are just like Leeds from 1975

-Hired young manager

-Struggled in the league

-Fired their young manager half way into the season

-Still went far into the Champions League (then European Cup)

-Played Barcelona in the Semi-finals

-Second leg was in Barcelona where Leeds wore their alternate white jerseys

-Beat Barca

-Played Munich in the final

In 1975 Barcelona were not hailed as TheGreatestTeamEver™, eliminating them in 2012 to reach a final is a bigger deal.

Different club cultures too, Leeds being a nothern club with nobody (including subs, reserves, coaches) from outside the United Kingdom. Chelsea is the most multicultural squad/organisation in the Premier League. Brian Clough's experience at Leeds was far more hostile too, if you compare the intricacies.

1. Weak defense? Really? You just made it painfully obvious that you havent been watching Bayern nor know anything about Bayern. Have you seen the way Lahm turned Ronaldo into his own slave? Or the 19 year old David Alaba? Last year, I would have agreed with you, but our defense has dramatically improved since than. I feel they are underestimating Bayern, most Madrid fans claimed that they would put 5 past Bayern, and did they? No!

2. Real Madrid expected to feast on us, most of the media expected Madrid to go through. Again, I dont see why you are underestimating Bayern as we are currently on par with Madrid and Barca, and Chelsea is on par as well.

1. Lets be honest here and agree that Bayern's weak point is their defense. You may have the best defense in the German league which isnt very competitive. Lahm is the only player who would get into Chelsea Defense and handling a Brute of a Center Forward who is known to perform on big nights is different to handling a right winger who often goes missing on big nights. Regarding Real madrid, they actually beat you in the normal time but the game went into extra time because of away goal. But Finals is a one off game. its a different cup of tea. Ill be honest here, if the game goes to penalties we stand no chance.

2. I am not underestimating Bayern. i am just saying dont over estimate yourself. You said Bayern would have beaten barca too. I doubt unless you parked a bus even then i would doubt with that defense....In other words, I am just showing you the mirror.

Boswingwa and Luiz at centre back isn't too encouraging. Then again Bosingwa done well enough against Barcelona.

To be honest I think Chelsea's name is on the cup as Gary Neville said many a time in the semi finals.

1. Lets be honest here and agree that Bayern's weak point is their defense.True, but we are not incredibly weak in defense. You may have the best defense in the German league which isnt very competitive. The German league is very competitive, one of the best in the world, every season, Dortmund, Schalke, Gladbach, Stuttgart, great teams. Lahm is the only player who would get into Chelsea Defense Forgetting Boateng? and handling a Brute of a Center Forward who is known to perform on big nights is different to handling a right winger who often goes missing on big nights. Regarding Real madrid, they actually beat you in the normal time but the game went into extra time because of away goal.We beat them as well, Madrids first goal which was a penalty was to harsh, as the hand was not deliberate, second goal was also offside. But Finals is a one off game. its a different cup of tea. Indeed, finals are always a 50/50 Ill be honest here, if the game goes to penalties we stand no chance. :lol: Germans always win on penalties, but I hope it doesnt go to penalties.

2. I am not underestimating Bayern. i am just saying dont over estimate yourself. I am in no way overestimating Bayern, and I apologize if I did :) You said Bayern would have beaten barca too. I doubt unless you parked a bus even then i would doubt with that defense. We can never know that mate, Barca would have underestimated us, would have been an amazing game, I would love to see a Barca-Bayern game next season....In other words, I am just showing you the mirror.

Boswingwa and Luiz at centre back isn't too encouraging. Then again Bosingwa done well enough against Barcelona.

To be honest I think Chelsea's name is on the cup as Gary Neville said many a time in the semi finals.

He did? Fucker just jinxed it............

Apparently Micheal Ballsack will be attending the match :lol:

Wonder who he will be supporting as he has played for both clubs in the past, probably Chelsea

Awwww Micahel Ballack....I wish he was still playing for either of us in the finals. he deserves a Champions league winners medal.

Awwww Micahel Ballack....I wish he was still playing for either of us in the finals. he deserves a Champions league winners medal.

How many finals has he been in :lol:

The world cup final. the euro final, he lost both

if he were in Chelsea, he would have jinxed you guys :lol:

How many finals has he been in :lol:

The world cup final. the euro final, he lost both

if he were in Chelsea, he would have jinxed you guys :lol:

World Cup Finals he was banned because of the yellow card. Germany lost to Brazil 2-0

Played for Bayern Leverkusen in Champions League finals against Real Madrid and lost 2-1. Zidanes goal was the highlight.

Played for Chelsea in the finals of Champions League and JT slipped and with it ballack's hopes of winning a winner's medal

World Cup Finals he was banned because of the yellow card. Germany lost to Brazil 2-0

Played for Bayern Leverkusen in Champions League finals against Real Madrid and lost 2-1. Zidanes goal was the highlight.

Played for Chelsea in the finals of Champions League and JT slipped and with it ballack's hopes of winning a winner's medal

My point :lol:

In 1975 Barcelona were not hailed as TheGreatestTeamEver™, eliminating them in 2012 to reach a final is a bigger deal.

Different club cultures too, Leeds being a nothern club with nobody (including subs, reserves, coaches) from outside the United Kingdom. Chelsea is the most multicultural squad/organisation in the Premier League. Brian Clough's experience at Leeds was far more hostile too, if you compare the intricacies.

Just stating the similarities