Nathan Aké

James

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember being severely criticised in the summer of 2013 for saying I believed that Nathan was a far better prospect than Nate Chalobah; that I was disappointed Nate was selected for that year's tour while Nathan was not, and that Jose would be unable to make good on his promise that Calobah would have a place in the first team squad during the following season. On the other hand, I have often said that I didn't think Nathan was a natural let back and I didn't think he had a future at the position.

One all maybe? :)

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Ake and Christiansen should be here for the next season. Also, how's Kalas doing?

In and out of the side. Was brilliant a few weeks back for Boro, but as Karanka does he just shuffles the pack and since his move to the bench Boro's form has been poor. Karanka likes Nsue and Friend as their wing backs, Kalas was also on the bench for Sunday's game v Charlton were the young kid Dale Fry started at CB with Ben Gibson. Tomas should be playing in that side but this is why the Boro fans are all up in arms right now about Karanka and his idiotic decisions.

9 hours ago, BlueLion said:

Any manager with a pair of bollocks would have Baba and Aké rotating at LB next season, the same way Jose used Wayne Bridge and Ashley Cole in 06/07. 

Ake, Baba and Kenedy are solid options. Jay Dasilva from the youth could be a star too. 

He is home-grown as well. Actually denied to go on loan, just to become home-grown, for a year! He has been doing well at Watford, and is by no means worse than what we have now. 

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Ake, Baba and Kenedy are solid options. Jay Dasilva from the youth could be a star too. 

Having Aké would mean options at CDM and LB. Having Kenedy means having options at LW, RW, ST and LB. Not sure Baba can play anything but LB though. We would be pretty set with these three.

Jay Dasilva is still too young to get starts just yet, IMO. Although, he is one of the most exciting youth player we have right now, again IMO.

9 hours ago, Yeboii said:

He is home-grown as well. Actually denied to go on loan, just to become home-grown, for a year! He has been doing well at Watford, and is by no means worse than what we have now. 

Having Aké would mean options at CDM and LB. Having Kenedy means having options at LW, RW, ST and LB. Not sure Baba can play anything but LB though. We would be pretty set with these three.

Jay Dasilva is still too young to get starts just yet, IMO. Although, he is one of the most exciting youth player we have right now, again IMO.

Baba played few games as a winger in Germany

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate Baba? I mean, he didn't convince me at all as long as he was given time. Sure, he didn't have much time, but neither did Kenedy, who still managed to make a better impression. At least in my eyes. I don't really think that we should lean on Baba for the future. Ake, Christiansen and Kenedy must be here next seasn, though. 

37 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate Baba? I mean, he didn't convince me at all as long as he was given time. Sure, he didn't have much time, but neither did Kenedy, who still managed to make a better impression. At least in my eyes. I don't really think that we should lean on Baba for the future. Ake, Christiansen and Kenedy must be here next seasn, though. 

he was wonderful vs psg, our hardest opponent this season. deserves more chances

40 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Kenedy is very poor defensively, no positioning etc, basing only on his speed.

4 hours ago, lucio said:

he was wonderful vs psg, our hardest opponent this season. deserves more chances

Was he? I thought he was mediocre. The only remarkable thing that he did, in my opinion, was that perfect cross for Costa in the first leg. 

4 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Kenedy is very poor defensively, no positioning etc, basing only on his speed.

To be honest, I hardly see him as a defender. 

6 hours ago, Cosmin said:

I don't rate him that much either today. He is only 21 years old so I have no doubt I will rate him later in life. Was Ashley Cole the best LB in the world when he was 21?