Nathan Aké

James

sorry but it wont happen under Jose

Hi friend!

Yeah, I have the same feeling. But, as I said in the previous post, if Aké is one of the biggest surprises of the season in Premier League

and all England talks about him as one of the revelations of the season I think no one can stop him, not even Jose, because the pressure will be very enormous because increasingly many of us are asking to give more opportunities to our young players and Aké is one of our best among our young players.

That is the hope that I have. But the truth is that in a real world (or at least in a normal world) Nathan Aké and Ruben Loftus-Cheek should be playing in our starting eleven this season.

Ake IMO is the player on loan which is more likely to come back with us for next the season. In fact, Ake could be playing in our starting eleven right now watching how Ivanovic is playing.

At the beginning of the season Ake was on the bench. But gradually Quique Sanchez Flores is givin to him more minutes on the pitch

and he has played the all 90 minutes for the first time this weekend and he is having a good performance as left-back, adapting well to his new role.

To me Aké will return next season with us after playing more than 25/30 games with Watford between Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup, and having fully completed his professional development.

This guy is pure gold.

hi chelsea brother

what would be ake best position???

hi chelsea brother

what would be ake best position???

Hi friend!

His best position is midfielder, but he will have very difficult to appear in our starting eleven as a midfielder. Perhaps his best position

thinking about the future is left-back.

That's why I think he must continue playing as left-back because Aké may appear on our starting eleven in that position, even with options to be our first choice from the next season. Something that would be difficult in the midfield.

Although initially Aké had problems adapting to left-back position, now it seems that he is adapting perfectly to this new role.

If he does a good season as left-back with Watford I am sure he will have many options to return with us.

I follow him for a long time and Aké is one of the younger players that have impressed me most of all our academy. His leadership is incredible and his tactical sense is spectacular.

Hi friend!

His best position is midfielder, but he will have very difficult to appear in our starting eleven as a midfielder. Perhaps his best position

thinking about the future is left-back.

That's why I think he must continue playing as left-back because Aké may appear on our starting eleven in that position, even with options to be our first choice from the next season. Something that would be difficult in the midfield.

Although initially Aké had problems adapting to left-back position, now it seems that he is adapting perfectly to this new role.

If he does a good season as left-back with Watford I am sure he will have many options to return with us.

I follow him for a long time and Aké is one of the younger players that have impressed me most of all our academy. His leadership is incredible and his tactical sense is spectacular.

i think he would make a good left back aswell maybe next season he can challenge the left back position with baba next season cause I can see Dave being full time has a right back next season

• 2 weeks later...

Overall he has been poor. Made a good couple tackles but has been caught out defensively way too much. I actually think he fouled Ozil but play continued before Sanchez scored. He may have got a little touch but could have easily been called for a penalty and would have been a red. He also was skinned by Bellerin for the third goal, Decent start but overall has been poor tbh. Exploited way too much. He is not a natural LB tbh.

Overall he has been poor. Made a good couple tackles but has been caught out defensively way too much. I actually think he fouled Ozil but play continued before Sanchez scored. He may have got a little touch but could have easily been called for a penalty and would have been a red. He also was skinned by Bellerin for the third goal, Decent start but overall has been poor tbh. Exploited way too much. He is not a natural LB tbh.

Tbh the whole Watford team crumbled after Arsenal scored. Feel sorry for them, the first 60 minutes merited them at least a draw.

Very fair assessment. Got in well a few times but it's hard to overlook that tackle on Ozil (likely would have been a penalty if not for the goal immediately after) and then Bellerin...for the third goal he beat Ake like he stole something.

Hopefully he steps up and improves because he's a good player.

A song I've been singing for a long time. Of the three positions Nathan offers, LB is clearly his worst.

A song I've been singing for a long time. Of the there positions Nathan offers, LB is clearly his worst.

Agreed, something abundantly clear from his short stint in the PL. It isn't a "natural" position for him - but experience in any position is preferable to a place on the bench.