Nathan Aké

James

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Whoever is a charge off loan out players is going to look really stupid if we recall Christensen back after give him out on a two year loan deal we should loan them papy instead cause ake deserve a fair crack in the Chelsea squad next season

And that should be Emenalo... this whole loan policy is of his doing as far as i know....

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Whoever is a charge off loan out players is going to look really stupid if we recall Christensen back after give him out on a two year loan deal we should loan them papy instead cause ake deserve a fair crack in the Chelsea squad next season

And loan 'In' players too.

That person/s cannot look any stupider, believe me.

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And loan 'In' players too.

That person/s cannot look any stupider, believe me.

We are laughing stock of the PL atm with the Pato loan deal and buying papy as well 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he has paid the price for his performance last week against Arsenal. Completely dropped from the squad and apparently he is fit and available for selection. Makes it worse when his replacement then goes and scores.

Hope he bounces back strong. These are the type of mental challenges young players have to face at some point and prove they can get back into the team. He started of as a back up and forced himself in the team. Hopefully he can do so again.

On 4/9/2016 at 5:02 PM, Stats said:

Looks like he has paid the price for his performance last week against Arsenal. Completely dropped from the squad and apparently he is fit and available for selection. Makes it worse when his replacement then goes and scores.

Hope he bounces back strong. These are the type of mental challenges young players have to face at some point and prove they can get back into the team. He started of as a back up and forced himself in the team. Hopefully he can do so again.

this is what manager Quique Sanchez Flores had to say about Ake's abrupt omission:

"Ake needs to recover the feelings."

"I was talking with Ake in the week and he's lost the feelings. When the players have lost the feeling they need time to recover, sometimes a long time, sometimes less."

"I think Ake's season is amazing. He's really young, he's played a lot of matches with Watford in the Premier League and it's his first experience. It's the first time he's played many, many matches at this level so he feels a bit tired at this moment. With a lot of matches in a short time it's normal."

-Quique Sanchez Flores; source: Ghana Soccernet

1 hour ago, tommyv said:

this is what manager Quique Sanchez Flores had to say about Ake's abrupt omission:

"Ake needs to recover the feelings."

"I was talking with Ake in the week and he's lost the feelings. When the players have lost the feeling they need time to recover, sometimes a long time, sometimes less."

"I think Ake's season is amazing. He's really young, he's played a lot of matches with Watford in the Premier League and it's his first experience. It's the first time he's played many, many matches at this level so he feels a bit tired at this moment. With a lot of matches in a short time it's normal."

-Quique Sanchez Flores; source: Ghana Soccernet

Feelings?

Nathan Aké on Watford, Mourinho and the Chelsea loanees’ WhatsApp group

“I asked the manager what I could improve, if there were things I could adapt in my game,” he says. “But Mourinho said I was training well and performing well in the games I played but that I had to wait for my chance. And I could understand it, as there were so many big players at the club.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/15/nathan-ake-watford-jose-mourinho-chelsea

• 4 weeks later...

Quique Sanchez Flores says Nathan Ake’s performances have dipped over the past two months, which is why the Chelsea loanee has been omitted from the XI for four of the last six matches.

“I feel Ake has lost a lot his good performance over the last two months,” Sanchez Flores said. “I spoke with him and he told me that maybe it is because it is the first time he has played a lot of matches in the Premier League. He feels a little tired. I trust him a lot but when a player loses their shape we have to change. The level of competition is high. If you are not ready then you will not be in the first XI.”

“Paulo Ferreira, as a scout of Chelsea and me, as the head coach of Watford, both agree he has had a very good season in general,” Sanchez Flores told us. “That hasn’t been a surprise to us. But the level at Chelsea, if we are completely honest, is a lot higher than Watford. So he has to improve and he needs to learn. Ake is someone who loves this profession and he will try and get better. Sometimes another loan is important. At Atletico and Benfica, there were players who had one season on loan and proved enough. Other players needed another loan to complete their progress.”

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/05/quique-discusses-taking-nathan-ake-out-of-firing-line/

• 2 weeks later...

Award for Ake

Following his season spent on loan at Watford, Nathan Ake has been named the Hertfordshire club’s Young Player of the Year.

The 21-year-old, who impressed at left-back for the Hornets, received the award at a dinner at Wembley on Wednesday night.

He made 28 appearances during his Watford loan, 24 of them in the Premier League, and scored in a win over Liverpool.

Ake has played 12 games for Chelsea and has also been on loan at Reading. He signed a new five-year contract last summer.  

chelseafc.com

2 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

To be honest I think he'll be put back in central midfield if he does come back for us next season; could be a very good asset there.

That's how I see it as well. He doesn't convince me as a LB. Not at top level. Brings too little offensively and he lacks the pace, stamina and aggression you want in a fullback.

I have hope for him as a holding midfielder. Ship out Mikel and bring in Ake. That's what I'd do.