Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle

Kieran.

71 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Also if you watch Brana is guilty of ball watching and not getting a bit closer to Cisse.

Yes. He was left in acres of space when that ball came in AND throughout the whole game, neither Terry nor Ivanovic looked comfortable in dealing with Cisse & Ba. The amount of times Ba was able to get the ball unchallenged upfront was pathetic IMO.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. He was left in acres of space when that ball came in AND throughout the whole game, neither Terry nor Ivanovic looked comfortable in dealing with Cisse & Ba. The amount of times Ba was able to get the ball unchallenged upfront was pathetic IMO.

Totally agreed. I would of thought a clear instruction would have been given to someone like Mikel or Ramires to pick up on Cisse you dont need to be a rocket scientist to see the man is in amazing form. Mark him out the game and the game would have had a totally different outcome. Oh well whats done is done. Would have like to see the Drogba and Torres partnership for a longer period of time.

Totally agreed. I would of thought a clear instruction would have been given to someone like Mikel or Ramires to pick up on Cisse you dont need to be a rocket scientist to see the man is in amazing form. Mark him out the game and the game would have had a totally different outcome. Oh well whats done is done. Would have like to see the Drogba and Torres partnership for a longer period of time.

And seems that nobody told Bosingwa & Sturridge that Santon is two-footed with his right being the strongest! :doh:

And seems that nobody told Bosingwa & Sturridge that Santon is two-footed with his right being the strongest! :doh:

Yeah Bosingwa allows them to cut inside so easily, its actually embarrassing, Sturridge needed to get back into our half to be able to see what foot Santon uses.

I hope after today Newcastle get 3rd. They have shown you don't need CL football to attract quality players just the right scouting network. Something we may need to look into next season and to a lesser note spuds , they where in the europa this season but still are looking good to qualifying for the CL.

The league is now over for us we need to concentrate on winning the final.

I didn't watch the game, I take it Sturridge was pants? He's really been awful since about December, the QPR game was basically him just getting lucky with that shot and using that goal as a reason to be able to start today.

I didn't watch the game, I take it Sturridge was pants? He's really been awful since about December, the QPR game was basically him just getting lucky with that shot and using that goal as a reason to be able to start today.

Not far off Cap. He really needs to be aware of people round him and of the fact that he doesnt have to shoot every time he gets the ball. It was unrealistic for a team that is 6th in the league to win the CL, the FA Cup and finish 4th. We were asking for title winning form and we don’t have the squad to play two games a week and win them both. We have to take yesterday on the chin and try and win the two cup games. The league games mean nothing now -and Newcastle deserved the win

danny seemed to get carried away with the praise he was getting before Xmas ,,,in the last couple of months

he has been dreadful.

danny seemed to get carried away with the praise he was getting before Xmas ,,,in the last couple of months

he has been dreadful.

Ah, shame, it always seems to happen to youngsters these days. It's not doing his England chances any good, surely he cares about representing his country?

Not far off Cap. He really needs to be aware of people round him and of the fact that he doesnt have to shoot every time he gets the ball. It was unrealistic for a team that is 6th in the league to win the CL, the FA Cup and finish 4th. We were asking for title winning form and we don’t have the squad to play two games a week and win them both. We have to take yesterday on the chin and try and win the two cup games. The league games mean nothing now -and Newcastle deserved the win

Yeah, we should really forget the Anfield match and send out an under-18s or reserve team. Who cares if we lose 6-0, it doesn't matter anymore.

Summed up well. We don't have the squad to challenge on all fronts hence why our league form has be somewhat shoddy. Just hope we don't blow it in these finals , we have done so much to deserve the cups , especially the CL.

Ah, shame, it always seems to happen to youngsters these days. It's not doing his England chances any good, surely he cares about representing his country?

Yeah, we should really forget the Anfield match and send out an under-18s or reserve team. Who cares if we lose 6-0, it doesn't matter anymore.

Except maybe a fine for a weak-end team i think we need to see Lukaku play give drogs and torres a rest.

I was out of net yesterday since 10pm, I missed last 30mins... Anyway NUFC deserved to win this match, they played very good and specialy Cisse was class. Our team had no motivation, only Torres and Mata showed will to score, that is just not enough. And once again, we showed we can win or lose against anyone anywhere. Our last match tells us how good we realy are at the moment.

But I dont get one thing; RDM puts best available players (Mata and Lamps among others) agains QPR and then uses sub team for Newcastle? Shouldnt this be turned around? Against Newcastle it was expected to be harder match, I think RDM is not counting on 4th place anymore.

With this players, you just cant win all three things, we should now be focused ONLY on cup matches agains Bayern and Liverpool. In prem., use Lukaku, Romeu,...young players who can prove in remaining matches. The match agains Bayern will tell us everything about this season. Good or bad.