Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle

Kieran.

71 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

We ran out of gas finally last nite. Guess yesterday's match was a clear indication of the quality that we have at our disposal. Yes we have been playing quite a few games off late and winning quite a few but still there is no quality once the rotation start.

I m not very disappointed because the damage had been already done, all we were doing was trying to fill in the holes.

Well played Newcastle and specially the credit has to go to Alan Pardew (he should be a clear favorite for the Manager of the season)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had to compare this performance to the general performance under AVB this performance was actually good. If you compare it to performances under RDM this performance was slightly under par. I just feel like Newcastle were better organised and deserved the victory. I am not at all disappointed with our performance under the circumstances.

Did RDM underestimate Newcastles ability (i know i did) or did he just make the cup priority?

you are right, we should have rested playrs vs qpr

The result leaves us with two meaningless games in the league. Liverpool and Blackburn. Rest some key players, give a chance to the young lads in the team and even try a different formation. We'll be fully fit and prepared for Munich, that's for sure.

How fickle some fans are. We lose once and people forget the brilliant run we've had and act like we're falling apart. Grow up.

Yeah. We were bound to lose after the amazing run. Its the law of averages catching up. Now we should peak again towards the end of the season

I completely understand your point, but i would still not want to go for a striker at this time atleast not someone like Cavani who is going to cost us 30m+ maybe a backup who should not cost us beyond the 7-8m mark. (i m more into saving money than spending it lavishly) I would still try to keep the faith in Sturridge for another year and maybe he mite just mite mature next season. Midfield is something we need to look for real bad because thats what is going to drive everyone right from the players to the team to the managers.

fair enough. if i was given 50 million, i wouldn't invest in an expensive striker. i would go for midfielders but a cheaper striker like demba ba maybe a better option

Danny is realy jerk...I mean in this squad, he was our best along Mata. Sadly, he clearly thinks he is best and...I dont know, he is better potential than Hoilett, it would be stupid to let him go. Sure he is big ego, but I think he could learn. Somehow even Balotelli found out that he has to behave better, why not Danny aswell?

It would be best to keep him one year and then see. I likely to risk one year more and see how good he is, than sell great potential now -then he could become fantastic again and we would have to buy another striker/winger...Like we dont already lack of wingers and require lot of players...

Even when Ivanovic is fit can we just play him at RB and Bosingwa is CB? Unbelievable how shit Bosingwa is at RB

not to mention how shite bosingwa and sturridge are together on the right. we need to seriously think about the champions league final and pick out who will replace the suspended players

not to mention how shite bosingwa and sturridge are together on the right. we need to seriously think about the champions league final and pick out who will replace the suspended players

Both of them should be on the bench for that game.