Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle

Kieran.

71 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Not too bothered about missing out on CL for next year if we lose the final because it would be a good chance to rebuild the squad and give the younger players their deserved chance in the first team

Would agree with this if not for the financial implications

As for MOTM... lol... only Torres seemed to put any real effort in. Disjointed today, I think RdM changed it too much in all honesty. Definitely the right idea to change the team ahead of Saturday, however an all-new midfield was a little over-the-top in my humble opinion.

Agreed, we need Torres to keep his chin up.. Looked cheeky at times but our midfield was dreadful...

That's the problem we need to asses, not the strikers...

Drogba and torres to START every game now... Idk, it's the only promising thing atm

We have played 18 games in the last two months since March 3rd, with a game competed every 3-4 days. Last time the players had a week off was back in Feb, between 11th to 18th.

P.S. Is anyone having problem with their Twitter via web?! Having a bit of problem with mine & it's driving me nuts!!

Plain and simple (our problem all year)

Our midfield < shit

Nothing forward...

And actually dd and Torres looked like they wanted to play together... It could work...

Honeslty if Torres wasn't playing you would still talk about him.

Let's just be thankful we have the CL final. So there is somthing to cling onto let's be honest our league season ended a while ago. Imagine if avb had still bin here. Credit where credits due. Newcastle upped their game today. Let's beat the scum now and win another trophy. Spurs and Arse may get CL football next season but they will still be trophyless this season... Again.

Should we buy Cisse?

Way too expensive. Should have bought him in January for £10m but now he'd be something like £30m if not more. Time for Chelsea to buy their own 'Cabayes' and 'Cisses' through good scouting rather than let other teams buy them for pennies and then buy the players from them a year later for triple the price just because the Chelsea board are lazy or incompetent. That being said I think Marko Marin could turn out to be something like Newcastle's recent signings if he makes it at Chelsea. Let's hope he does indeed make it.

Well, at least some tension is behind us now that a loss has occured - better to get it now than in a final. A good wake up call before 2 big finals, all is not rosy even if you beat a bunch of drunks by five goals and it will hopefully eliminate the possibility of complacency.

And holy shitballs what a goal by Cisse! By far the best I've seen in a while. And probably the most appealing brace I've ever witnessed. Too bad it was for the wrong side.

Way too expensive. Should have bought him in January for £10m but now he'd be something like £30m if not more. Time for Chelsea to buy their own 'Cabayes' and 'Cisses' through good scouting rather than let other teams buy them for pennies and then buy the players from them a year later for triple the price just because the Chelsea board are lazy or incompetent. That being said I think Marko Marin could turn out to be something like Newcastle's recent signings if he makes it at Chelsea. Let's hope he does indeed make it.

Marin will not lead us to Glory and will not be a Scorer,thing that we really need.

On the flip side, what if Spuds and Newcastle both lose on the weekend, will we head to Anfield sensing opportunity?

Both need to lose points in the next 2 games and we must to win the next 2 games... will not happen. all the Power to the Finals!

I'm not too concerned about this result. We've been in a position now for ages where we've known that CL victory is what we have to do to play in that competition again, the last couple of weeks have given us hope of getting us there in the 'normal' way but I think deep down most of us knew CL would have to be the only way in.