Spike

No, not seen Green st 2 either. You're right Green Street 1 is dogshit -which to be fair to all the hoolie films, they all are. That said quite liked Alan Clarkes The Firm with Gary Oldman campin it up.

Yes your right The Firm was pretty good. I saw Cass and pissed myself not so much on what a shit film it was (it is) but the bloke playing Cass Pennant had a pair of moobs.

More immigrants coming to live in England = less space and less jobs.

I'm sorry, but that's an incredible over-simplification.

Naturally there are a few gaps in the logic as a result. Firstly, immigrants create jobs as well. And not just by starting new business by by expanding the market and creating new markets for new products. Immigrants don't just just work, they consume as well. I'm no expert on Britain but all the studies I've read about in papers and such show that immigrants actually improve the British economy as mentioned above.

Secondly, you're assuming that the low-skill jobs that the immigrants are currently taking would remain in England once the immigrants are gone. Honestly, that's pretty naive. The only framework for corporations is to maximize profit at any cost. The moment that production elsewhere is more profitable, namely through relatively much cheaper labor costs, the big corporation will relocate to east Europe and such taking with them not just the jobs occupied by immigrants but jobs occupied by British people.

Finally the link you make (or imply) between large numbers of unskilled workers and poor economies not at all always true. Just look at the past 50 years or so, all the big economies that have risen have taken advantage of just that, mainly in east Asia, but also some South American countries.

But regardless of the above, I do know a little about the social and economical issues that the UK is facing at the time, and the fact that some have managed to convince the British people that all their problems can be pinned on immigrants is quite remarkable and frankly frightening. Because 'immigrants' is a very cheap excuse that plays to tribal territorial instincts of the people, but it is used a cover up for much bigger issues.

There are other solutions that are a lot more logical. You want better wealth distribution? Simply tax the super rich. Crack down on the enormous tax evasions of multinational corporations. You want more jobs? Then make a law that forces corporations to have the majority of their employees inside the UK instead of the sweat shops in east Asia, Africa and South America. Or how about, god forbid, moving away from fossil fuel companies and forcing policies towards green renewable energy that not only doesn't fry your grandchildren but also creates 3 times more jobs. You want better budgets for education/medical care...etc.? Then protest the huge investments in arms and military and war.

Here's another over simplification but one that I think holds a lot more truth: The reason that you don't have enough money is because there are 1% of the population who are taking more than 90% of the wealth of the nation. And that will remain the case regardless if there are 5% or 15% immigrants in the country.

Absolute myth, they've done a hell of a lot for working people. Its those on benefits that have suffered. The Labour government ridicules the Tories for being well off and going to private schools, but the reality is these people went to the same schools, they had no struggle growing up. As a family I'd probably be better off in the short term under a Labour government, but you have to think about the bigger picture.

Private power isn't always a bad thing either, it generates more competition which in some cases (certainly not all) can push prices down. It just needs to be governed better.

Labour destroyed our country under Blair and Brown. If it wasn't for those two I probably wouldn't be that bothered, they've admitted their mistakes regarding immigration and benefits. Ed Milliband is an absolute clown, he makes mistake after mistake and people still trust him to run the country.

SNP are a Scottish party, they don't have any interest in England. If they have a say in our government they will ruin England for their own gain, it would be ridiculous.

What would be ideal for me is a Tory UKIP coalition. UKIP aren't prepared to run the country, they don't have a clue, but some of their policies are excellent and certainly need to be adopted by others. Such as them wanting to follow an immigration point system like Australia. Immigrants are fantastic, I'm pro immigration but on a level. We need immigrants that will bring something to the country, that will help us thrive. We also need those that do actually need help, such as Syrian refugees etc. not those that want to exploit our benefit system.

I'm happy with a Tory Lib Dem coalition though as the Tories do all the right things regarding the economy whilst the Lib Dems keep them in check.

You know a Tory/UKIP coalition would be best for this country right now. Like you said as much as I agree with a lot of UkIPs policies, they certainly aren't ready to run the country.

I'm sorry, but that's an incredible over-simplification.

Naturally there are a few gaps in the logic as a result. Firstly, immigrants create jobs as well. And not just by starting new business by by expanding the market and creating new markets for new products. Immigrants don't just just work, they consume as well. I'm no expert on Britain but all the studies I've read about in papers and such show that immigrants actually improve the British economy as mentioned above.

Secondly, you're assuming that the low-skill jobs that the immigrants are currently taking would remain in England once the immigrants are gone. Honestly, that's pretty naive. The only framework for corporations is to maximize profit at any cost. The moment that production elsewhere is more profitable, namely through relatively much cheaper labor costs, the big corporation will relocate to east Europe and such taking with them not just the jobs occupied by immigrants but jobs occupied by British people.

Finally the link you make (or imply) between large numbers of unskilled workers and poor economies not at all always true. Just look at the past 50 years or so, all the big economies that have risen have taken advantage of just that, mainly in east Asia, but also some South American countries.

But regardless of the above, I do know a little about the social and economical issues that the UK is facing at the time, and the fact that some have managed to convince the British people that all their problems can be pinned on immigrants is quite remarkable and frankly frightening. Because 'immigrants' is a very cheap excuse that plays to tribal territorial instincts of the people, but it is used a cover up for much bigger issues.

There are other solutions that are a lot more logical. You want better wealth distribution? Simply tax the super rich. Crack down on the enormous tax evasions of multinational corporations. You want more jobs? Then make a law that forces corporations to have the majority of their employees inside the UK instead of the sweat shops in east Asia, Africa and South America. Or how about, god forbid, moving away from fossil fuel companies and forcing policies towards green renewable energy that not only doesn't fry your grandchildren but also creates 3 times more jobs. You want better budgets for education/medical care...etc.? Then protest the huge investments in arms and military and war.

Here's another over simplification but one that I think holds a lot more truth: The reason that you don't have enough money is because there are 1% of the population who are taking more than 90% of the wealth of the nation. And that will remain the case regardless if there are 5% or 15% immigrants in the country.

I have to agree with most if what you have said in terms of taxing the super rich more heavily and forcing the bug corporations to employ more people within the country.

Though in regards to immigration, you will not convince me that the huge influx of eastern eauropeans and others are beneficial to This country whatsoever.

Please do not take this as prejiduce towards any group specifically because I have absolutely no quarrels with the eastern europeans or others.

I work in the Railway industry in London and since the growth in immigration the wages have been driven down rapidly and from this affecting me personally... I find it hard to tollerate!

This is happeneing in all over the country, making it harder to survive. The cost of living goes up and the wages are driven down.

If immigrants (illegal or otherwise) are payed the same amount as locals then there is no incentive to hire immigrants unless they are more qualified. At the end of the day if you are getting the same rate as an immigrant but you don't get the job it will be because they are more qualified.

I don't know if this rings true in England but it does in MURIKA.

If immigrants (illegal or otherwise) are payed the same amount as locals then there is no incentive to hire immigrants unless they are more qualified. At the end of the day if you are getting the same rate as an immigrant but you don't get the job it will be because they are more qualified.

I don't know if this rings true in England but it does in MURIKA.

They will work for minimum wage in jobs that should pay more. Employees know they can get the workforce cheaper so opt for immigrants.

What's your views on the Australian immigration system? From what I've read it sounds like exactly what the UK needs, but obviously you've seen it first hand.

Absolute myth, they've done a hell of a lot for working people. Its those on benefits that have suffered. The Labour government ridicules the Tories for being well off and going to private schools, but the reality is these people went to the same schools, they had no struggle growing up. As a family I'd probably be better off in the short term under a Labour government, but you have to think about the bigger picture.

Private power isn't always a bad thing either, it generates more competition which in some cases (certainly not all) can push prices down. It just needs to be governed better.

Labour destroyed our country under Blair and Brown. If it wasn't for those two I probably wouldn't be that bothered, they've admitted their mistakes regarding immigration and benefits. Ed Milliband is an absolute clown, he makes mistake after mistake and people still trust him to run the country.

SNP are a Scottish party, they don't have any interest in England. If they have a say in our government they will ruin England for their own gain, it would be ridiculous.

What would be ideal for me is a Tory UKIP coalition. UKIP aren't prepared to run the country, they don't have a clue, but some of their policies are excellent and certainly need to be adopted by others. Such as them wanting to follow an immigration point system like Australia. Immigrants are fantastic, I'm pro immigration but on a level. We need immigrants that will bring something to the country, that will help us thrive. We also need those that do actually need help, such as Syrian refugees etc. not those that want to exploit our benefit system.

I'm happy with a Tory Lib Dem coalition though as the Tories do all the right things regarding the economy whilst the Lib Dems keep them in check.

Hey, I'm not in any way advocating for Labor. I know enough about them to realize what a joke of a party they are.

You have to look at who finances the Tories and UKIP and what they want in return as well as who they are and what lobby they serve. And that means that despite doing occasional things for working class, when it comes down to it on important issues such as taxes, surveillance, budget spending, foreign policies and wars, spending on public services...etc. they will most likely protect the interest of the people that paid to put them in office in the first place.

Regarding SNP, I know you're English, but you can try to be a bit less condescending about it! :P Please tell me you see the incredible double standards you use there? Those are people that you (the English) have ruled over for centuries (very often not at all kindly) and to this day take advantage of their resources more than they do. Regardless of that, they are part of the political system (and from what I saw most English people were VERY keen to keep them as a part of it last year) and should be considered equals. I'm sorry but this kind of intolerant rhetoric about "the bloody Scotts that will ruin England for their own good" comes across as very offensive and verging on racist.

From what I've read about the libdems they don't seem to be holding back the Tories but rather rolling over for them.

I have to agree with most if what you have said in terms of taxing the super rich more heavily and forcing the bug corporations to employ more people within the country.

Though in regards to immigration, you will not convince me that the huge influx of eastern eauropeans and others are beneficial to This country whatsoever.

Please do not take this as prejiduce towards any group specifically because I have absolutely no quarrels with the eastern europeans or others.

I work in the Railway industry in London and since the growth in immigration the wages have been driven down rapidly and from this affecting me personally... I find it hard to tollerate!

This is happeneing in all over the country, making it harder to survive. The cost of living goes up and the wages are driven down.

I honestly wasn't trying to say it was certainly beneficial as I already stated I don't know all the details about it in the UK, but my point was that knowing politicians and right wing parties, it is most likely not nearly the most significant issue as is being portrayed but rather it is being used as cover up for the bigger issues, imo.

People have worded their pro UKIP argument in such a way that it sounds like they think most immigrants are useless. It's ridiculous. FYI 99% of migrants don't move here just to 'reap the rewards of the government'. Most actually come here to make better lives for themselves while contributing honestly to the economy, paying taxes etc. The social problem is more British nationals who sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle not actually searching for a job or getting rejected from one and just playing the 'immigrants come here to take our jobs' argument. What makes you more entitled to a job than them? If you can't get a job ahead of somebody with no contacts in the country, doesn't speak English as a first language then that is more a reflection of you as an individual than the immigrant.

As for 'useful' immigrants, Farage wants what 30,000 people a year allowed to seek work in the UK from abroad? The NHS would totally fall apart if only 30,000 people were allowed to seek work here. He can claim he is going to train 10,000 nurses or whatever but where are they going to come from? As the son and cousin of a nurse I can tell you that you don't find many British nurses coming out of university each year. There is a huge shortage so we have to recruit from Spain, Portugal and the Philippines. They would be about 8,000 of the 30,000 yearly quota gone if Farage wants to keep the National Health Service going. Don't get me started on doctors and other skilled workers in the NHS. He might want to look at where we are going to get all the engineers for infrastructure projects like Crossrail 2 to help the economy grow.

They will work for minimum wage in jobs that should pay more. Employees know they can get the workforce cheaper so opt for immigrants.

What's your views on the Australian immigration system? From what I've read it sounds like exactly what the UK needs, but obviously you've seen it first hand.

I don't know man. I hate to turn people away from Australia. It's disgusting but sometimes it needs to be done. Now Australia looks like a big country but it really isn't. "This means Australia's habitable land takes up approximately 10% of the actual land mass, with 90% being 'termed' uninhabitable." That is a quote taken from: http://37propertygroup.com.au/real-estate/population-density/

So 10% of 7,692,024 km2 Is 769,202.4km2. England is 130,395 km2 . You probably think, yeah Aus is still bigger than England. Buuuut Australia has drought and water issues. We have clean, great water in Austrlaia. Fit for anyone to drink but what happens if the population grows so large the water sources deplete? We die. We have less food, less everything.

I'm essentially a multi-generation naturalised immigrant and an immigrant to the USA. I grew up in Australia, love the country and the culture is an integral part of my identity. To turn away immigrants is to be against what the nation fundamentally is: a pot of multicultural immigrants. The lands originally belong to the Indigenous Australians, to turn away immigrants would be hypocritical and insulting to the people who forcibly lost their lands to immigrants.

It's a crisis of philosophy. Either let those that want to come in and be the Australia that the nation was always meant to be or close the borders and keep things the way they are insuring the lifestyle and culture of modern Australia stays intact. I don't think it's necessarily an issue of losing jobs or wealth, it's an issue of sustainability. Can Australia's infrastructure support a growing population. It really, really struggles.

I know some great people that have immigrated to Australia and have become citizens. Chinese, English, Irish, German, Americans, Filipinos far too many to list. Are they the issue? No I don't believe so. I believe the illegal immigrants with no passports, no history and no credentials are. Can these people be trusted? Will they give to society as much as they take? Will they improve Australia? Or will they make it worse? It's impossible to know. We could be turning away some fantastic people, they would work hard and make this country better...but we could also be turning away possible welfare sponges, criminals and lowlifes.

Although I'm shifting towards voting Conservative my local MP (Michael Fallon) is an absolute toolbox who I can in no way support. He opposes same sex marriage, has voted against taxing bankers' bonuses and mansion tax and lied saying that he wants to fight rail fail increases above inflation (he actually voted in favour of raising them above inflation in the commons). He offers no help to anybody who contacts him concerning a local issue. Instead he will just read your letter back to you followed by 'I suggest you consult a lawyer'.

I'll probably vote Lib Dem as they are the second biggest party in my area just to get that twit Fallon out.

Police brutality in the United States has reached its boiling point.

Yeah, it's pretty messed up how many people die; regardless or ethnicity, creed or religion. I don't agree with rioting however, it's a disgrace that people return terrible acts in kind. What does rioting achieve? If anything it makes the police more hostile and distrusting of the general public. If I were a cop; a good cop, not corrupt or violent in anyway I'd be very worried about my own wellbeing as well as my family because of the career I chose. Many police officers work hard and give their lives to make the world a fair and safer place to be, I think it's unjust that so many have to carry the stigma of 'corruption' and 'violence' because some ( too many) police are.

Do some of the rioters want to instigate change? Yes, I suppose but it worries that more than enough of the rioters are heartless oppurtunists that are just using someone's death as a scapegoat and justification to loot and tear up the place.

Just because MLK said something doesn't mean it is true, he was only a man and his words aren't divine mandate. Great things have been achieved peacefully and I believe rioting is the wrong way to achieve what you desire.