Spike

I wonder ...

It is a form of world domination.

I have first hand experience.

In the 60s the Greek governments had embarked in a competition of who is sillier than the other. Among other things they infuriated LBJ. Hence a military dictatorship came about. We don't know for sure the Americans gave orders to those stupid colonels, but what we do know for sure is the Americans were 100% indifferent to what was going on (we have Nixon's statements).

But amidst all that, what about the neighbouring states, those that were free of American influence ?

- Albania, electric fences to prevent the Albanians from escaping, to Greece !
- Bulgaria, the same, people hiding in refrigerator vans to escape, to dictatorial Greece again !
- Jugoslavia, not exactly an idyllic place
- Turkey with problems.

- In the south across the sea, Libya under Kadafi !
- Egypt at war.

Closest civilization was Italy of course.

So the conclusion is there are some wild regimes, irrespective of American or no American presence.
That of course has to be put right, or we all march towards disaster.

Let me tell you guys what i think about ISIS.

I live in Istanbul, Turkey currently and i'm an atheist but i can tell you Islam has nothing to do with those terrorists, i really don't like religions but in the same time i have no problem with religions those terrorists not killing people for religions i think. Theres something going on there but i really don't think its about religion. They're sick bastards i'm pretty sure theres something else. I don't think any religion says kill the newborn babies just because they're not Muslim or not in the same sectarian with yours.

I live in Istanbul, Turkey currently and i'm an atheist but i can tell you Islam has nothing to do with those terrorists, i really don't like religions but in the same time i have no problem with religions those terrorists not killing people for religions i think. Theres something going on there but i really don't think its about religion. They're sick bastards i'm pretty sure theres something else. I don't think any religion says kill the newborn babies just because they're not Muslim or not in the same sectarian with yours.

Hey Emir. May I ask, as an atheist, how you feel about Turkey rapidly moving away from secularism under Erdogan? Thanks :)

Look, if the nazis turn up and do the same things does it mean are we at war with Germany ?

They are in fact already doing that (setting fires to peoples homes, factories), only there is no more than a handful of them but it is an exaggeration, not to say extreme, to blame Germany and the German people.

But those characters actually do claim they act in the name of Germany !

It's the same with ISIS and their claim to act on behalf of the religion of Islam is false and manufactured.

The scale of things differs of course and we have a world security problem in out hands.

The answer ? Carpet bombing using B52s.

Hey Emir. May I ask, as an atheist, how you feel about Turkey rapidly moving away from secularism under Erdogan? Thanks :)

Let me tell you something about Erdogan mate.

He's a cunt.

Only ignorant and religious people part of Turkey supports him and unfortunately theres too many of them. He uses religion to look stronger but hes just a thief. Unfortunately we cant get rid of him. Hopefully he'll die soon. I never felt this much hate for any other politican or president ever. Religion destroys countrys. same thing happened to Ottoman Empire they fall down because of it they never colonized when they won the wars. They never force people to learn language and things like that we were running the world but thanks to some so called "Padisah" kings we fall down. We're still in strong position but not like old days. Off the Topic : And by the way i must add i love English people so much they're too funny sometimes. I'm thinking about moving to London too. And i'm enjoying to see them in our country for vacations in citys like Mugla, Bodrum, Kemer, Izmir.

Look, if the nazis turn up and do the same things does it mean are we at war with Germany ?

They are in fact already doing that (setting fires to peoples homes, factories), only there is no more than a handful of them but it is an exaggeration, not to say extreme, to blame Germany and the German people.

But those characters actually do claim they act in the name of Germany !

It's the same with ISIS and their claim to act on behalf of the religion of Islam is false and manufactured.

The scale of things differs of course and we have a world security problem in out hands.

The answer ? Carpet bombing using B52s.

Couldnt agree more.

He's a cunt.

Only ignorant and religious people part of Turkey supports him and unfortunately theres too many of them. He uses religion to look stronger but hes just a thief. Unfortunately we cant get rid of him. Hopefully he'll die soon. I never felt this much hate for any other politican or president ever. Religion destroys countrys. same thing happened to Ottoman Empire they fall down because of it they never colonized when they won the wars. They never force people to learn language and things like that we were running the world but thanks to some so called "Padisah" kings we fall down. We're still in strong position but not like old days. Off the Topic : And by the way i must add i love English people so much they're too funny sometimes. I'm thinking about moving to London too. And i'm enjoying to see them in our country for vacations in citys like Mugla, Bodrum, Kemer, Izmir.

It's cool to see a different opinion coming from a Turkish person compared to what I'm used to hearing. The vast majority of the Turkish guys I know (age 17-21) pretty much support Erdogan, to put it slightly. Most of the Turkish people in Austria support him actually.

It's cool to see a different opinion coming from a Turkish person compared to what I'm used to hearing. The vast majority of the Turkish guys I know (age 17-21) pretty much support Erdogan, to put it slightly. Most of the Turkish people in Austria support him actually.

They're probably religious. In Istanbul most people dont like him he's acting like a dictator. He thinks he owns this country. His politic party "AKP" and people like that is disgrace to this country. Some people think Turkey like Arab countrys. Like womens forced to cover their head or you cant quit religion. Thats just bollocks. I mean if you or one of your friends visited here you can ask them everyones free and can do whatever they want. We dont like Arabs actually. And i'm pretty sure they dont like us too. Let me give you a simple example about this cunt. He take beggar from Syria to this country and make them citizen of Turkey so he can get more votes from them. And now that cunts started to pick on to our people.

He's a cunt.

To make the Ottoman empire a state without dominant religion was impossible in those days. America was a country without state religion from its beginnings but even in the early 20th century I imagin Christian churches were the ruling force.

In the modern world I think it is possible for many religions to coexist in a single nation, in the absence of radicals, but not in the centuries past.

He's a cunt.

Very sad to see Turkey moving backwards in this manner. His role in the entire region has been questionable to say the least.

Never seen someone make a joke about Hillsborough.

I have. Plenty of times. And I laughed plenty of times. Just like how I've laughed at other tragedies. Hillsborough somehow though, has become immune to these jokes in the mainstream community. People and comedians in particular are forgiven if play the murder of millions of Jewish peoples for laughs but crtiticised if they mention Hillsborough in jest. A member of TC was banned for posting an image relating to Hillsborough. :no:

I'm not condoning playing tragedies for laughs but I do oppose the double standard.

Hey @Mufassir08, I remember you're interested and had a blog about Pakistani politics. Can I ask what you make of the current increasing of military ties between Pakistan and KSA? Thanks.

Well I don't have any blog related to to Pakistani politics and neither I am that interested in our dirty and corrupt politics, However I can give you my personal view on KSA asking for more Pakistani troops. You see Pakistan and KSA have always had a profitable relationship with Pakistan providing the muscle for the protection of high value assets and sites while KSA gave us loans and oil but in recent times, the general feeling among people over here is that Saudi's have a huge hand in all the terrorist activities in Pakistan and fund some of the major terrorist organizations over here. Due to this and some other factors, the general sentiment of KSA over here has changed and is no more positive that is for sure. People still find it as a highly attractive place for employment but don't hold KSA in the same high regard as which was evident during the 90's. The threat of ISIS has really troubled the royal family and they know that Saudi's defense is laughable to say the least( no offence to their army), they sure as hell won't use any defense contractors due to their price and no other Muslim country has the military muscle of Pakistan( Turkey has but Saudi's won't ask them) so obviously they are going to pressure us into sending our troops to protect them Arabs when they should be back home safeguarding our interests and knowing our PM, he is going to buckle down under the pressure. KSA calls the shot on this one but this is all just my opinion :) .