Spike

I like to think the Inca empire, Aztecs etc. managed just fine without the Bible to tell them right from wrong

And your opinion is well taken.

But I also like to think that there was still a hint of morality coming from god in those cultures.

As in the bible god created men and earth.

After a certain time he destroyed the world with water and 8 people just survived.

From there on everything we see is come.

Indeed a lot of cultures in the world have a similar story of Noah as related to god destroying the earth with water.

So how is it an empire like Inca millions miles apart has a similar story to the bible?

There had to be an origin from where everything started.

And that origin always point back to god.

The origin of one language as well. How we all spoke one language and god confused the language of men giving rise to many languages today.

Indeed this one is a problem for evolutionist, the rise of many different languages.

I like to think the Inca empire, Aztecs etc. managed just fine without the Bible to tell them right from wrong

The Aztecs fought wars to gain Human sacrifices. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_war

The Inca's practiced human sacrifice when their emperors died. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sacrifice_in_pre-Columbian_cultures#Inca_culture

Then again morality is subjective :P

Happy Martin Luther King Day to our US friends.

Shame the 'film of the year' only received two nominations. Hollywood still has an obvious problem with Strong Black characters. Obviously institutionalised racism still around.

Chomsky on media dealing with Charlie Hebdo:

Abrams is right in describing the Charlie Hebdo attack as "the most threatening assault on journalism in living memory." The reason has to do with the concept "living memory," a category carefully constructed to include Their crimes against us while scrupulously excluding Our crimes against them -- the latter not crimes but noble defense of the highest values, sometimes inadvertently flawed. http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/19/opinion/charlie-hebdo-noam-chomsky/index.html

Happy Martin Luther King Day to our US friends.

Shame the 'film of the year' only received two nominations. Hollywood still has an obvious problem with Strong Black characters. Obviously institutionalised racism still around.

Hollywood has always followed the state and media agenda in what it glorifies and vilifies. Take a look at the evolution of the most popular idea of a bad guy in hollywood movies: From the evil cowboy on a horse to the evil Italian mafia leader to the evil Russian communist/mob leader to a Arab terrorist with a hint of Chinese here and there.

And this has never been more clear than the current shameless glorification of war crimes and racism in "America Sniper". And it's very clear why they do it. It's simply a very effective way of brain washing and indoctrination. Example:

B7qbEiqIYAI_P1b.jpg

I just look forward to a movie about a courageous american drone pilot soon :yay:

Or a black thug or a Mexican drug dealer...etc.

Honestly, you should just be happy with the attention :P

One of my degree modules (long time ago now) involved looking at Hollywood -all films had to adhere to roughly six plot lines, and anything post Mcarthy era was heavily censored if anything deemed 'unAmerican'.

Also weird morals for years populated Hollywood. Torture, mass shootings, explosions every five minutes ok, but the censors scissors straight out if the filmaker wanted to show tits or 'profanities'. Even with the permissable mass violence, the actual colour of blood was never allowed, it was always a lighter colour.

One of my degree modules (long time ago now) involved looking at Hollywood -all films had to adhere to roughly six plot lines, and anything post Mcarthy era was heavily censored if anything deemed 'unAmerican'.

Also weird morals for years populated Hollywood. Torture, mass shootings, explosions every five minutes ok, but the censors scissors straight out if the filmaker wanted to show tits or 'profanities'. Even with the permissable mass violence, the actual colour of blood was never allowed, it was always a lighter colour.

My favorite warped hollywood moral is that it is okay for hundreds or even thousands to get shot and blow up as long as their names have not been previously mentioned. And not just on the "bad" side. It is literally pictured as an awesome thing if tens of people die in order to save one guy or usually girl.

Oh, those weird americans :D

My favorite warped hollywood moral is that it is okay for hundreds or even thousands to get shot and blow up as long as their names have not been previously mentioned. And not just on the "bad" side. It is literally pictured as an awesome thing if tens of people die in order to save one guy or usually girl.

But its the "land of the free, home of the brave". Though some say "home of the slave" :D

But its the "land of the free, home of the brave". Though some say "home of the slave" :D

Lmao I definitely share your discontent for Hollywood. Last year alone we saw multiple releases of movies where "The white house" came "under attack" from all sorts of stereotypical enemies. North Korea in Olympus Has Fallen for example :lol:

Hollywood has always been a massive propaganda machine, it's surprising more people and concious to this!

The Daily Beast: Charlie Hebdo Sparks Burning of Churches. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwquyCriA

This really annoys me because Charlie Hebdo portrayed all religions in a bad manner. Christians were nothing to do with it, it's ridiculous.

There was a man once who murdered his wife, because she took their children away.
That man was executed by firing squad - death penalty had not been abolished at the time.

Does that mean all separated wives should take the children away -regardless of circumstance- and the father should not see them again ?
The issue here is approached with this kind of logic by some.