The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

So much better than fifa 12 it's ridiculous, the only thing that isn't as good as Term said is they have cut out the celebration's.

Who else has Hutchinson in their squad? does he keep picking up injuries all the time for you aswell? I think fifa have transferred his real life injury phrone status to this game.

I really like the new International feature where you can manage a national team, i got Turkey, but hopefully after the next world cup i will get offered the England job, where i can play all the young players i am promotion for club as well as country.

There is a trick for playing teams that are superior to you aswell, i had Spain (qualifayer) and Brazil (friendly) 4-5-1 and defensive, nullifies any attack and kills them on the counter.

But its so much easier to keep the ball on this one and to defend (which was ny on impossible on fifa 12).

For any one who has got as far as the world cup stage, what's it like?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sh0n3x, they have really made finesse shots lees powerful. You will eventually get used to it, but power shots and chips will have to be used more frequently!

I play on PS3, so I can't help you with PC question. Sorry.

I know, I heard David Rutter say it. They tweaked it a bit too much imo...

Oh well, of to practice arena to get the hang of it.

so happy with my Manager mode--- the plan is im gona lose the EPL and UCL in my first season on purpose and i'll try to win FA Cup and/or Carling.

I bough lewandowski in the January transfer window and sold Studge due to the fact he refused to extend his contract so my squad is as follow.

Cole-JT-Cahill-Ivan

Mierles--MIkel

Oscar--Mata--Hazard

Balotelli

SUBs--bertrand,azpi,Luiz,Rambo,Lamps,Marin,Moses,Lewandowski.

im happy with these two strikers because i play like 50 some odd games so split it in half and both are happy. Im thinking of selling Marin(doent work for me) and promoting my man KDB.

Hows everybody else's Manger mode goin??

I'm struggling to find a good formation. What formation does everyone use?

4-2-3-1 worked well for me. Experiment with Ramires, if he doesn't work out for you on the RW try him out in the double pivot or in the midfield three.

Is it just me or is it very easy to find good players via scouting?

Did you buy the Scout a SuperStar?

Wanted to know if it really works....

I'm struggling to find a good formation. What formation does everyone use?

I use 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3 in Career and Seasons. 3-5-2 on UT because is harder to defend.

Career mode crashing during my 3rd season. Can't even load the file because it sends me straight away to my desktop. Last year it was the scouting function that caused me troubles in CM, hope it's not the same thing this year. Anyone got the same problem?

My career started freezing on 360, but I deleted my Gameface for my VP and it fixed the problem.

As for my manager mode team I'm currently playing:

Cech/Courtois

Azpi - Hummels - David Luiz - Cole

Witsel - Gotze

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Falcao/Aguero

Subs: Ivanovic (he's better stats wise than Azpilicueta but I prefer Azpi), Ramires, Sven Bender, Pjanic/Pastore, Neymar, Lamela, Hulk/Muniain

Res: JT, Sakho, Cahill, Bertrand, Romeu (can't remember any more).

I had Hamsik in the pivot with Witsel but I got the "I have to leave" crap so ended up getting Gotze to replace him. Aguero handed in a transfer request at City so I swapped him for Torres (I wasn't sure about it because Torres is a beast in 13 but it's nice to play with different players after a while).

*EDIT

Nope, just started the 3rd season and it's freezing on the 7th, lame/annoying.

Having a day off of FUT and focussing getting my way up the H2H rankings with my blues. I'm having a big issue with disconnects, not in the match but before a match, i'll have my player in the arena for ages and there's nothing i can do, have to keep turning the game on and off again and also i've been having the connection lost issue so often. With FUT i've not had any game break before the start.

Anyway i've played 4:- Won 3, drawn 1. It's so different to FUT it's ridiculous like 2 different games. FUT is no different to last year. Play a 4-4-2 with Hazard up front with Torres, Ramires RM and Mata LM. Works well because of the pace. Might as well pace abuse like everyone else...

Beware though when choosing Mata especially in FUT, it may say 86 pace but he only has 81 sprint speed which is crap, Hazard has 90. Mata's acceleration is bigger than his sprint speed.