• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got bit of a beastly team at the start of my 3rd season in charge of Chelsea:

Cech

Azpili Cahill Luiz Alaba

Ramires Gotze

Moses Hazard Oscar

Lewandowski

I sold Cole to Valencia for £4m at the start of the 2014/15 season, Mata got homesick so I sold him to Real Madrid for £25m, Lampard retired. Other players I have signed: Deulofeu (2.8m), Zouma (5m). Got a few beastly youth players Wade Zibaka 16, rated 74, Kieran Berahino 18, rated 70, William Fer 17, rated 70, Sergio Vega 18, rated 76

In my 2 seasons so far I have won 2 leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 league cups, 1 Community Shield and the world cup with England in 2014

I really want Brazil to lose, only to see the reaction. Then I want to go back in time and win it! :lol:

its brilliant whenever England lose at a major tournament. Weeks before it starts some people say 'this is the year we will win it' and the newspapers all say how Rooney is going to win us the world cup all by himself. Then we go out in the quarter finals and everyone starts saying 'why do we bother supporting the team? They are overpaid twats' and 'we will never ever win anything'. Then a few years later the cycle starts again for the next tournament

what would be so great about the reaction if Brazil went out?

its brilliant whenever England lose at a major tournament. Weeks before it starts some people say 'this is the year we will win it' and the newspapers all say how Rooney is going to win us the world cup all by himself. Then we go out in the quarter finals and everyone starts saying 'why do we bother supporting the team? They are overpaid twats' and 'we will never ever win anything'. Then a few years later the cycle starts again for the next tournament

The disappointment. Especially if Brazil plays badly hosting the WC. You should have seen it in 2006 when the 'magic square' was a major flop.

Nothing, I just want to see how big the reaction would be. Will people cry? Will there be riots? Will people understand it is only a fucking game? Will we blame the manager or the players? That kind of stuff...

I am totally against that WC in Brazil, we are not prepared for such a big event and it will only serve for politicians to make money. We do not have enough infra-structure to host major sports event (roads, airports, hotels, qualified workers, safety, etc), I fear to give a bad impression (I will be trully sad if that happened).

I do not want to sound rude or superior, but the big percentage of the population that are anxiously waiting for 2014 wont participate. They wont have money to do so, the prices will be set for turists and rich locals. The average Brazilian will only feel it at a distance (if they dont live in a host city) or they will have their routines messed up (traffic, inflation, polution, crowded restaurants and malls, etc). People are giving up on some of their benefits and rights in hopes of achieving their dreams (to host a WC), but it wont be how they imagine. I bet that when the time comes, people will feel more fustrated (to be so close and so distant at the same time) than happy.

This Word Cup is made for the Elite Population, they will use the poor to promote themselves (receptiveness, hapiness, football, natural beauty, etc), but will give nothing in return. We could be building hospitals and schools, yet we waist our taxes on 1billion stadiums in the middle of nowhere.

EDIT: Sorry man, you didnt deserve my rage!

I have no problems with Brazil hosting the WC. It's like a one life-time chance to work on urban infrastructure, build stadiums and rising tourism interest while receiving large amounts of money from tourists that come to watch the games and end up spending on restaurants, hotels, buying stuff etc, to help the costs. The problem is corruption. It would cost us a lot less if our politics weren't some *%$# thrash.

And I would prefer us to build and improve our educational system instead of that too.

I have no problems with Brazil hosting the WC. It's like a one life-time chance to work on urban infrastructure, build stadiums and rising tourism interest while receiving large amounts of money from tourists that come to watch the games and end up spending on restaurants, hotels, buying stuff etc, to help the costs. The problem is corruption. It would cost us a lot less if our politics weren't some *%$# thrash.

And I would prefer us to build and improve our educational system instead of that too.

I read an article from someone important in the sports industry (he participated as advisor in 2 Olympics (Sydney and Athens), 1 WC (France) and 1 Winter Games (Vancouver)) and he gave actual numbers of why hosting these sports events mean huge loss of money. He said the money received during the period of the event does not reflect 10% of its cost and the turism growth does not increase more than 20% afterwards. Also, the maintanance cost of those huge complex are enormous.

The World Cup excuse they are using to improve airports, roads, subways, etc, is ridiculous. We can do all that without a time limit and without FIFA's intervention. It would cost half of what it is and people would get a much better treatment. Folha de Sao Paulo did a calculation that showed if we had invested 30% of that money in hospitals, our public healthy system would double its quality...

The corruption is 50% of why I am against it, but even if we didnt have it, I would still not support it.